CO - 3 killed in shootout near/at Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs, 27 Nov 2015 *Arrest*

He's clearly deranged. I think we got off easy with the death toll, even as bad as it was.

I agree. Yet he's oriented enough to know who "batman guy" is. For whatever reason, that surprises me.

Switzerland:
We have gone from a vague threat to a precise threat,"

[video]http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/10/europe/geneva-search-for-suspects/index.html[/video]

Switzerland:
We have gone from a vague threat to a precise threat,"

[video]http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/10/europe/geneva-search-for-suspects/index.html[/video]

ohhhh the trial goes on even if one says they did ---that makes sense ! ll things consodered he surrendered with him on video doing it , yelled out i did it in court

what a waste of money and time IMO

Right, but the thing is, they still have to determine if it will be a death penalty case, so wouldn't they have to have a trial if it is determined it would be a death penalty case?

IMOO.

Well, I guess there's no longer any question that this was a terrorist act. He definitely targeted Planned Parenthood in an attempt to take away our freedoms.

o/t

do you guys think mayor of chicago knew nothing? If a am apogizing to you for something but I am reading it off pages ......................on the other hand it is thrilling that LE had better shape up and quit abusing their power

we are gonna need more jail space for all the guys that are going to be locked up for the rest of their hours

it appears as if they are starting a series of video releases of cops gone wrong this week and from what they are saying the release party might go on for quite some time

Have a look here:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...cer-J-Van-Dyke-Charged-with-1st-Degree-Murder

Well, I guess there's no longer any question that this was a terrorist act. He definitely targeted Planned Parenthood in an attempt to take away our freedoms.

That is ironic because he thinks Planned Parenthood is doing the very same thing that you are accusing him of doing. I think the thing that makes it a terrorist act is his attempt to use propane tanks as bombs and the fact that he killed three people.

That is ironic because he thinks Planned Parenthood is doing the very same thing that you are accusing him of doing.

What Planned Parenthood does is treat patients. What he did was shoot and kill people, both of which are against the law. Not even close, no matter what his deranged mind thinks.

If there's no trial and he's put in an institution won't he have to take medications and be treated?

There are so few institutions of the sort this man may need -- many have been de-funded & closed. There is one federal prison/hospital and 3 state-affiliated hospitals in my state of NC -- that's all, folks. As we've already discussed, there are just not enuff in any state anymore -- they're disappearing. We have a few NC prisons who have an adequate staff and psychiatric hospital, but of course, you have to be within the NC prison system for that.

And there are the streets, where so many of them are.

There are so few institutions of the sort this man may need -- many have been de-funded & closed. There is one federal prison/hospital and 3 state-affiliated hospitals in my state of NC -- that's all, folks. As we've already discussed, there are just not enuff in any state anymore -- they're disappearing. We have a few NC prisons who have an adequate staff and psychiatric hospital, but of course, you have to be within the NC prison system for that.

And there are the streets, where so many of them are.

There are more people with mental illnesses in jail than there are in mental hospitals.

There are more people with mental illnesses in jail than there are in mental hospitals.

Indeed.

In my view, everyone has a degree of a mental illness (one form or another) but most of us are functional in spite of it. Myself included.

Indeed.

In my view, everyone has a degree of a mental illness (one form or another) but most of us are functional in spite of it. Myself included.

I agree most people who have a mental illness are functional and don't go on shooting rampages. But IMO even if there are varying degrees of illness not everyone is a little bit mentally ill, so it's a good thing we have the DSM-5.

I agree most people who have a mental illness are functional and don't go on shooting rampages. But IMO even if there are varying degrees of illness not everyone is a little bit mentally ill, so it's a good thing we have the DSM-5.

That's a good point about the varying degrees and I would add that it's dynamic and not fixed. That's why things like background checks for gun purchases are ineffective. A buyer might be completely "normal" at the time of purchase and then have a complete mental breakdown at some point thereafter. There is no way to predict when or if that will happen.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley
Back