Found Deceased CO - Amy Ahonen, 38, Golden, 8 July 2011

Family says remains of missing woman Amy Ahonen found

The remains of a Denver woman who went missing nearly three years ago were found this week, according to a Facebook page run by her friends and family.

[snip]

Denver police tweeted that they received a “notification from an outside agency on possible DNA match on missing person Amy Ahonen.”

“Nothing has been officially confirmed,” police said.

http://kdvr.com/2014/03/06/family-says-remains-of-missing-woman-amy-ahonen-found/

The bone was found IN clear creek? If so, it makes me wonder if she did in fact end up falling into the creek, by accident. Or was dumped there to make it appear so. Are they suspecting foul play?

Clear Creek is also the county and sometimes the area is referred to as Clear Creek so it may not necessarily be in the actual creek.

Here is her picture:

70284_1475302645_4434251_n.jpg

It sounds like she wasn't in Golden but 6-7 miles west up highway 6, in the mountains. The 7 News article says the sheriff believes she could have walked down to Clear Creek and fallen in. At this time of the year, with the snowmelt, Clear Creek is probably a violently rushing, swollen river. The post by her friend says she was hiking, which is different than just walking down to the river. The river runs right along highway 6 so I don't think you would be considered hiking if you just walked down to it. If she was hiking, I hope they are searching to make sure she isn't injured somewhere. I hope there isn't an issue with LE thinking she called for assistance when actually she didn't because she was away from the road hiking, and LE thinking she must have been close to her car when she wasn't. Also, there have been mountain lion attacks along the Front Range there in the past.

Why would LE back then think she fell into a creek? That seems odd...most people don't just fall into creeks, IMO.

The bone was found next to Clear Creek near Marshall Road in Wheat Ridge. This is near where Annie Meyer lived if you recall that case. During last years floods, Clear Creek was out of it's banks in some of this area, so it could have been carried there by the stream.

Clear Creek flows into the South Platte River. That does pass through Adams County, but I have not heard if the other remains were found in or along the River.

As for falling into the creek, that would be easy from where Amy's car was found.

RIP Ms. Amy~

So glad that she was able to be found, may her family find some comfort.

jmo

RIP, Amy.

Something hinky is clearly going on here. I highly doubt this woman fell into a creek & died or died in a hiking accident. There are too many odd discrepancies.

I hope Amy will find justice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travis Forbes comes to mind, and now I'm also wondering if Austin Sigg could have had anything to do with this. Forbes didn't dismember his victims, but we know AS did. Clear creek isn't far from Westminster at all-less than 30 miles. Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions, and she was found in creek beds, and this isn't as ominous as it sounds. Either way, I feel so sorry for her poor family. RIP beautiful Amy.

One thing to note about about Travis Forbes is that his methods varied widely between his 2 victims (freezer/burial, vs fire, etc). I wouldn't discount him due to any variances. He and ARS are both top of my list, as well as a mountain lion (not so sure about the possibility of a mountain lion now...) jmo

I just want to say again there are all kinds of weirdos / freaks on these trails. That's one reason why I don't hike alone anymore (mountain lions also scare me to death!).

:rose: R.I.P. Amy :rose:

I am so sad, but feel some relief, that Amy has been found. I hate it when our missing are never found. I sincerely hope that her family will find some answers with this.

Have they only found 2 bones then?

I hope to go out to the spot sometime where Amy's car was found (and where her remains were found). I'm just not buying the "falling into the creek" theory (maybe I'll see it differently if I visit the location physically). jmo The floods most certainly must have had an effect on where her remains were found, jmo.

R.I.P., Amy. :cry:

skClPGQ.jpg

Prayers for your family and loved ones. :(

fRklpKQ.gif

I just read about finding Amy's remains on my home page. I wasn't around here back then when she disappeared so I knew nothing of her case.

The whole 911/police checked on her miscommunication thing doesn't sit well with me. I thought there was a possibility that maybe a police officer was involved.

RIP Amy. Thank God your family can now get some closure.

You know, I just had a thought. I remember hearing about some sexual assaults along the trails near Boulder Creek. Might be worth trying to look up those incidents...

I, too, am new to this thread. Saw the news reports about the bone(s) being identified as Amy's. Have read some of this thread, but not all.

Back in the beginning, was her vehicle checked out for possible signs of tampering? That she drove up the hwy, had car trouble, someone following her took her?

Was the man who responded to her craigslist ad for a roommate ever identified?

Thank you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221
Back