CO - Angela Craig, 43, mother of 6, allegedly poisoned by cyanide in protein shake by dentist husband, Aurora, Mar 2023

The calculated wickedness of this crime makes me feel sick, literally.

The Daily Mail has, today, published the name, and biography, of the orthodontist lover, with photos. She called the police about the photographer, who apparently said they couldn't do anything.

There is no reason that a dental surgery would need arsenic, or cyanide.I'm a bit surprised that he was able to purchase these.

The *advertiser censored* addiction, affairs, previous poisoning and bankruptcies are telling, I think. I suspect Angela might have had a big role in keeping him pretty much on the straight and narrow. Without her influence, I think he would have gone off the rails much earlier in his life. I don't think this is a man who has made a one off horrendously bad decision.

I'm not in the USA, but have read that the cost of dental school there, especially the more expensive ones, is now prohibitive, so that young people seeking career advice are being steered away from dentistry. This may mean that entrance into these schools is relatively easier I guess. Dental school is hard though, he must be reasonably bright, and has certainly worked hard, stayed focused.

I wonder if the sale of his practice-last year?-wasn't a big problem for him. Dentists are, in the main, reasonably straight laced, rule followers. Mostly well intended people. At the same time, no one likes to be told what to do, and to go from owner, to employee of a practice, especially not by choice, would be quite difficult. I have owned my practice for a long time, and I'd hate it! (What if the owner banned Websleuths between patients??)

I don't think it was so much lust, as a horrible person trying to solve a lot of "problems". I wonder if he had plans to move to the Orthodontist's town, start up a general practice in her rooms? New start sort of situation..

The orthodontist was photographed leaving her practice by the Daily Mail. It's incredible that she is at work. I'd be under my bedclothes, maybe rocking!
Do you have a link for that daily Mail article? TIA

A criminal psychologist believes that 'killer' Colorado dentist who poisoned his wife believed that he was 'too smart to be caught' – despite Googling how lethal drugs were on his office computer.

Angela Craig, 43, died after being poisoned with potassium cyanide by her *advertiser censored*-addicted Mormon dentist husband James Craig, 45, according to an arrest affidavit.

Dr Gail Saltz MD, Clinical Associate Professor of Psychiatry The New York Presbyterian Hospital told DailyMail.com that the father-of-six exhibited narcissistic and sociopathic tendencies – and could have considered his wife an 'impediment he needed to remove'.

“Many patients have come forward after Craig's arrest to say that they were 'ripped off' by the dentist”
1679566110207-jpeg.410604

1679566233127.jpeg

1679566260117.jpeg

Last edited:
The calculated wickedness of this crime makes me feel sick, literally.

The Daily Mail has, today, published the name, and biography, of the orthodontist lover, with photos. She called the police about the photographer, who apparently said they couldn't do anything.

There is no reason that a dental surgery would need arsenic, or cyanide.I'm a bit surprised that he was able to purchase these.

The *advertiser censored* addiction, affairs, previous poisoning and bankruptcies are telling, I think. I suspect Angela might have had a big role in keeping him pretty much on the straight and narrow. Without her influence, I think he would have gone off the rails much earlier in his life. I don't think this is a man who has made a one off horrendously bad decision.

I'm not in the USA, but have read that the cost of dental school there, especially the more expensive ones, is now prohibitive, so that young people seeking career advice are being steered away from dentistry. This may mean that entrance into these schools is relatively easier I guess. Dental school is hard though, he must be reasonably bright, and has certainly worked hard, stayed focused.

I wonder if the sale of his practice-last year?-wasn't a big problem for him. Dentists are, in the main, reasonably straight laced, rule followers. Mostly well intended people. At the same time, no one likes to be told what to do, and to go from owner, to employee of a practice, especially not by choice, would be quite difficult. I have owned my practice for a long time, and I'd hate it! (What if the owner banned Websleuths between patients??)

I don't think it was so much lust, as a horrible person trying to solve a lot of "problems". I wonder if he had plans to move to the Orthodontist's town, start up a general practice in her rooms? New start sort of situation..

The orthodontist was photographed leaving her practice by the Daily Mail. It's incredible that she is at work. I'd be under my bedclothes, maybe rocking!
I was surprised it took DM a couple days for that article. Her info was easily found in the AA. The new piece of info from the article was that she too was married with kids. However, she chose the more traditional route of initiating a divorce rather than poison.

she made a horrible decision to be unfaithful to her family with a complete loser. Now it’s open for the whole world to see. I do feel badly for her somewhat tho. We’ve all made bad decisions in our lives, maybe not to this degree, and I can’t imagine having to face the consequences like this.

I found her email to him about Angela’s death a bit odd. She never really expressed sympathy or shock. Just provided kind words about how it wouldn’t be appropriate for her to be there (haha).

AURORA, Colo. — Prosecutors on Thursday formally charged an Aurora dentist, who is accused of killing his wife by poisoning her with toxic substances, with first-degree murder.

Aurora Police arrested James Craig, 45, Sunday morning in connection with the death of his wife Angela, 43. She died on Saturday, the coroner's office said.

James Craig is next due in court for a status hearing on April 7 at 3 p.m.
Aurora dentist charged with murder after wife's fatal poisoning

Mistress in Colorado dentist murder case revealed as orthodontist, 49

I don't feel a bit bad for KC. Not one iota. I do however feel horribly for her estranged husband and her children. Hard enough to deal with a divorce in your family without the eyes of a nation upon you as you discover your wife/mom has had an affair with a man capable of slowly painfully killing his wife of 23 years with literal poison.

Attachments

• 6B4745EE-B386-4C16-8825-0C390B72C33C.jpeg
    6B4745EE-B386-4C16-8825-0C390B72C33C.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 762AA41D-94E6-4856-AED8-63C48FE5C661.jpeg
    762AA41D-94E6-4856-AED8-63C48FE5C661.jpeg
    69.7 KB · Views: 30
  • E7C6F330-F17E-4052-93F0-47AA722D13B7.jpeg
    E7C6F330-F17E-4052-93F0-47AA722D13B7.jpeg
    136.7 KB · Views: 28
"When the suspicious details of this case came to light, our team of officers and homicide detectives tirelessly worked to uncover the truth behind the victim's sudden illness and death," Mark Hildebrand, chief of the Aurora Police Department's Investigations Divisions, said in a statement Sunday. "It was quickly discovered this was in fact a heinous, complex and calculated murder. I am very proud of our Major Crimes Homicide Unit's hard work in solving this case and pursuing justice for the victim."
1679588314750.jpeg

3/23/23

1679588336975.png

[..]

Craig spoke only briefly during this morning’s hearing, which lasted barely ten minutes, as he confirmed that he was waiving his right to a preliminary hearing within a 35-day period.

The court will make a ruling on the gag motion at that preliminary hearing which has been set for April 7.

Craig is charged with poisoning his wife, Angela, by putting arsenic and potassium cyanide in her protein shakes.

@Niner

His parents arrived shortly before 8.30am with Craig’s oldest son, T[redacted]. Several of Craig’s older children were also present. They sat silently and betrayed little emotion as their father entered the court.

Craig’s mother let out a small gulp as she swallowed back her reaction on seeing her son who was unshaven and dressed in an orange Arapahoe County Detention Center jumpsuit.

During the brief hearing the judge deferred a defense request to put a temporary gag order on Aurora Police Department.

Deputy Public Defender, Katie Telfer, raised the motion objecting to statements made in Aurora PD’s Chief in a press release on Craig’s arrest which, she said, were tantamount to a ‘presumption of guilt.’

In it Aurora Police Division Chief Mark Hildebrand described Angela’s death as, ‘a heinous, complex and calculated murder.’

Craig spoke only briefly during this morning’s hearing, which lasted barely ten minutes, as he confirmed that he was waiving his right to a preliminary hearing within a 35-day period.

The court will make a ruling on the gag motion at that preliminary hearing which has been set for April 7.
Colorado Mormon dentist appears in court charged with poisoning wife

3/23/23

The investigation determined that James Craig “has shown the planning and intent to end his wife’s life by searching for ways to kill someone undetected, providing her poisons that align with her hospitalized symptoms, and working on starting a new life” with another woman, according to the affidavit.

James Craig had his initial appearance at Arapahoe County District Court in Centennial, Colorado, on Monday. He was scheduled to return on Thursday at 8:30 a.m. MT for the formal filing of charges, according to online court records.

Mistress in Colorado dentist murder case revealed as orthodontist, 49

I don't feel a bit bad for KC. Not one iota. I do however feel horribly for her estranged husband and her children. Hard enough to deal with a divorce in your family without the eyes of a nation upon you as you discover your wife/mom has had an affair with a man capable of slowly painfully killing his wife of 23 years with literal poison.
KC’s husband lives in a different state. They were likely separated before she started dating JG. This would still be really embarrassing for her family especially since many people will assume that she was doing this while she was still with her husband.

Last edited:

3/23/23

AURORA, Colo. — Prosecutors on Thursday formally charged an Aurora dentist, who is accused of killing his wife by poisoning her with toxic substances, with first-degree murder.

Aurora Police arrested James Craig, 45, Sunday morning in connection with the death of his wife Angela, 43. She died on Saturday, the coroner's office said.

James Craig is next due in court for a status hearing on April 7 at 3 p.m.

Prior to her death, Angela Craig went to a hospital three times – on March 6, March 9 and March 15 – after becoming faint and dizzy, an arrest affidavit from the Aurora Police Department says.

A witness told police that before the first hospitalization, James Craig made his wife a protein shake before a workout. The affidavit says Angela Craig became faint and dizzy after the workout, and her husband took her to the hospital.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back