CO - Angela Craig, 43, mother of 6, allegedly poisoned by cyanide in protein shake by dentist husband, Aurora, Mar 2023

Status with his church could be a huge reason. He was very active. A divorce would be unseemly. So naturally, murdering the mother of your six kids, in a terribly painful way, THAT’S the solution.

I think this is a huge factor. Her reluctance to leave the seemingly -perfect life is also part of the general female role in many LDS households.

Status with his church could be a huge reason. He was very active. A divorce would be unseemly. So naturally, murdering the mother of your six kids, in a terribly painful way, THAT’S the solution.
That's a good point! I forgot about the depth that Mormons can have with their community. I think there was reference in one of those gazillion texts of the bishop coming to see him.

I know of a couple cases of Catholic men whose wives were chronically ill who rather than divorce chose to have long term affairs. In one they started a new family!

So in this case we see Craig wanting to start a new life with his mistress, a reluctance to break with the LDS church and IMO an evil desire to torture Angela. Several members have mentioned life insurance policies; if he did have one (or more) then IMO that would seal the deal.

And to add, I doubt a "new life" with his girlfriend would last a lifetime given his predilection to wander. MOO

And his daughter is engaged…! I don’t know why, but that oddly adds just another layer for me. He obviously didn’t care about his kids or how losing their mom would affect them, but seeing that one had a planned major life event happening soon just really drives it home how selfish he is. I mean I don’t know what I was expecting, that he’d think hey, maybe I should think about this so Mira can have her mom there at her wedding…?
I think she’s already married, but maybe I’m confusing the two older girls. Regardless, he didn’t think about ANYONE but himself. Kids (of every age!) need their mamas. My heart breaks for their kids. I know that her brother said that they were working well with his family to figure out what will happen with the kids, but I’m sad that the older kids might feel pressured to put their lives on hold to care for the younger ones. These kids lost EVERYTHING for nothing. Shame.

Angela Dawn Pray Craig​

April 15, 1979 ~ March 18, 2023 - 43 Years Old

Angela passed away Saturday afternoon, March 18, 2023 after a brief but heroic struggle. She was forty-three years old.

Ang was the beloved baby girl in a large family of ten raucous children—and the favorite child, according to her. She was born April 15, 1979 in Dodge City, Kansas, and “got out of Dodge” when she married James Craig on December 18, 1999. Over the next twenty-three years, Angela brought six beautiful children into the world, and her family chose to live in the Denver, Colorado area where they have been for fifteen years.
Besides her unbounded sense of humor and quick wit, Ang was intelligent and energetic and used her gifts to elevate those around her, especially her children. She had a large capacity to forgive, was willing to help both friends and strangers, and she was fiercely dedicated to her family. After her children, Ang’s faith in Jesus Christ is her most important treasure. Her life is a reflection of the love she gave to being a wife and mother, a neighbor, a sister, a daughter, and a friend. She served faithfully and well as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, filling various positions including choir director, teacher, and youth organization leader; however, she most loved working as a family history consultant. She worked on her own family’s history with a powerful dedication, but she also helped friends complete theirs. No doubt she has many friends and family members on the other side of the veil because of the work she has done in this life for them.
Ang loved animals (though she was allergic to almost all of them), food truck food, mystery television shows, and really anything that could make her laugh. She loved being outside, and though she would tell you that she didn’t like to socialize all that much, she was great at talking to people. She read widely, worked on woodworking and other creative projects, and was a passionate student of interior design. Her son says that his mom loved a lot of things, but she didn’t have time for them all. “She had six children instead,” he said.
Ang’s most endearing trait was showing up—to everything. Family and friends’ weddings, funerals, graduations, baptisms, birthday celebrations, reunions, service projects, holiday celebrations. She made sure to always be where she was needed, which is what she is still doing now. Ang is now and will be forever missed.
Friends and family only are invited to join with the family for a time of comfort and friendship at 7405 South Addison Court, Aurora, CO on Thursday, March 23 from 7:00-8:30 p.m.
Funeral Services for Angela are private. Thank you for respecting the family’s wishes.

Last edited:
I think she’s already married, but maybe I’m confusing the two older girls. Regardless, he didn’t think about ANYONE but himself. Kids (of every age!) need their mamas. My heart breaks for their kids. I know that her brother said that they were working well with his family to figure out what will happen with the kids, but I’m sad that the older kids might feel pressured to put their lives on hold to care for the younger ones. These kids lost EVERYTHING for nothing. Shame.

Nope, from the photo caption, clearly, she is not yet married:

Craig's daughter Mira holds hands with her fiance as she sees her father enter court

Craig's daughter Mira holds hands with her fiance as she sees her father enter court

Ah, my bad. She says she’s married on FB, but I should know that really doesn’t mean anything!

God only knows what will happen to her young kids. Their father has ruined all of their lives. And for what? How is it ever worth it?? He’s evil. He left his dying wife with their small children. Alone. Disgusting.

Is his family really there in support of him? My gosh. Have they read the arrest warrant?

He reminds me of Chris Coleman in the photo's of him at your link.
He does look similar to family annihilation Chris Coldman. I followed that case and trial, as well. MOO, that gutless wonder Chris Coleman worked for Joyce Meyers Ministries, had such a lovely family. Guess he thought he could keep his religious job if he didn't divorce, so he killed his whole family. He was looking at houses with his mistress. Killed his two sons and his wife.

In this case, James Craig threw away every single thing he ever worked towards to now spend his years in prison. Such a beautiful family! I see those children almost all grown, soon to have children of their own. (Well, grandpa is going to be in jail and the grandkids will have to someday hear that sordid story.) All those years raising them for nothing now. Didn't he think at all what this would do to his children? At least he didn't kill them, but he destroyed the family unit. Once those older children grasp how evil his actions were to poison their beloved Mother, I don't see how they can stand to look at him. All MOO

That’s such a detailed arrest report.

It is insane to me how this human can watch his wife suffer so much and he can feign concern and empathy, over and over, and ask all sorts of details and make suggestions, all the while knowing he did this to her.

And then he did it again.

It’s sickening. He intentionally caused her so much suffering and played a part all along.

Oh and I love his expressed outrage at his dental practice partner. “Your meddling caused all these issues and I’m super mad at you!”

Seriously. What a psychopath.
I know. It’s so awful, and he’s such a horrifying person. It’s hard to take it all in, how he could have done what he did. Yet, he did. There’s so much pure evil in play here. I mean, that’s all I can come up with . What else is there? I’m beginning to believe in demonic possession at this point. It’s just so bad, it’s hard to fathom….. but I’m working on it. :(

I can't imagine the degree of emotional and physical cruelty Angela was forced to experience at the hands of her worthless husband. My heart aches.

I just keep thinking about the text he sent where he said to her that being sick must be "triggering" for her (since he had previously drugged her). I truly feel that he did that solely to trigger her (just in case she hadn't managed to remember the previous time he drugged her).

So he wasn't only poisoning her physically, he was working to make sure he poisoned her thoughts and emotions. Amping it up a bit just to make her feel terrible in every aspect.

Purposeful and evil. IMO and MOO.

It's not enough to have the affair and continue the affair, no, they decide to leave the marriage and somehow they decide it's necessary to kill. I wonder if there was a big life insurance policy on Angela. I doubt his mistress was going to be able get him out of financial troubles.

I just keep thinking about the text he sent where he said to her that being sick must be "triggering" for her (since he had previously drugged her). I truly feel that he did that solely to trigger her (just in case she hadn't managed to remember the previous time he drugged her).

So he wasn't only poisoning her physically, he was working to make sure he poisoned her thoughts and emotions. Amping it up a bit just to make her feel terrible in every aspect.

Purposeful and evil. IMO and MOO.
He reminds me of Charles Boyer in that old ‘40’s movie Gaslight . Evil SOB.

So in this case we see Craig wanting to start a new life with his mistress, a reluctance to break with the LDS church and IMO an evil desire to torture Angela. Several members have mentioned life insurance policies; if he did have one (or more) then IMO that would seal the deal
I don’t know how much the church stuff would fuel his motivation…I’m a very active member and of course it’s encouraged to stay married to keep the family unit together, but it’s not like you get kicked out or ostracized if you get a divorce. I feel like the bigger motivator would just be avoiding the “messiness” of divorce. Divorce basically uproots your entire life. You have to deal with the arguments, the lawyers, telling your families, seeing which friends pick you vs your spouse, moving out of your house, scraping together money for a second home, figuring out custody, figuring out finances. That’s a nightmare. IMO as a member, how divorce would affect my “church life” wouldn’t even be a consideration outside of the fact that I’d probably be moving. IMO more likely is that he’s a selfish narcissist who can’t see beyond his own being and his wife and children were props to him. His life and what he wanted to do would be easier if Angela was simply removed from it and that way nothing else had to change for him.

All MOO here-- What I meant to point out is that in so many of these similar cases, there's a new mistress. That's the Common Denominator. James couldn't wait to have his mistress fly in while he was so busy poisoning his wife. I don't know, it almost seems like the lust takes over. I'm also thinking of Chris Coleman, Chris Watts, Martin MacNeill, and so many other cases where the husband had a mistress and decided to kill.

IMO, they're still in shock -- kids are probably still supporting both their mother and father here. Victim's brother said the same - both families are leaning on each other right now.
What did he say exactly? TIA!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back