CO - Civil Rape Trial of Kobe Bryant (Charges Dropped)

Bhodirasta said:
I wish I had a link,
but as of right now, I am vomiting...
One step closer to the truth, but further from victims rights. Too bad it takes so gawd dang much for the truth to come out...
The pros are in a constant process of discovery as well here...

here is a link - think it is a small victory for pros - late, I know, but some movement from that very biased judge

article

Bhodirasta said:
Solo and Mysterymomma,

It's disheartening for us all...
It is a good place with good people and some are snobby and rich, but that's no crime, just ignorance...

Well I think I'll go to Utah this winter for skiing, just the same. No sense taking any chances.

SoloFlyer said:
Well I think I'll go to Utah this winter for skiing, just the same. No sense taking any chances.

UTAH?
now there ya go...
Ya got the Mark Hackings there...
LOL
PS.. lived in utah as well
ETA:
If you REALLY want pow pow, AND sceenery, you should go to Jackson Hole. If you are NOT the die hard skier, but would like to get better in powder,
you should try Grand Targhee... Just over Grand Teton Pass... one of the most beautiful contintental divides you might ever see from your SUV... LOL
PS.. If you REALLY wanna see the pass, throw on the ol' cross country skis or snowshoes... you will not beleive the clarity...

Bhodi

http://nypost.com/news/regionalnews/29222.htm

I think this story is relavant.............

Ive had the opinion that the AV's mental health records should be allowed in since day 1 and this story validated my thoughts.

After her first suicide attempt AV was supposedly diagnosed as bi-polar so if thats true add that to her known for sure alcohol/drug problem (which is why the pro's forked out nearly 20 grand for her to attend rehab)and how do we know if her testimony will be an accurate depiction of events? I mean she may be convinced that Kobe raped her but her mental state would play a huge part in how you percieve things,so if "rough sex" was going on in that room, it's reasonable to think that an unbalanced person might overreact to something even if it was consensual or construe things after the fact in some attention getting antics

Im obviously not saying someone who is bipolar can't be raped( after alla prostitute can be raped) so it's not like you can just dismiss what they say, but in the case of someone with mental problems shouldnt that be relevant?

I had a client who was placed in a different foster home or group home MONTHLY because she constantly claimed to have been raped DESPITE medical exams showing her hymen was intact as well as ,ahem,other areas(she claimed vaginal and anal rape-even in house with no males present) but CPS had to investigate every single claim every time and it became a huge mess and I think jaded her caseworkers(who were jaded enough already) to the point that maybe if they wouldnt take anyones claims of rape seriously the next time thus maybe a child who really was raped wouldnt get justice.

Have any of you "Kobe's guilty" belivers thought about this?
What if she came out tomorrow and said "I lied" would you belive her?
Have you ever given it a single thought that maybe he is innocent ?

Im just curious.

I haven't read anything yet from the Post that I would consider more than tabloid stuff--better off reading NE for things like that. But, yes, I did consider whether Kobe was innocent, but after seeing his performance on his initial interview, one with all the facial contortions, and wife by his side, didn't believe him at all, looked guilty as sin. Then when all the smear stuff started by the defense against the accuser, asked myself, "why all this, if he is innocent, just go to trial and the truth will come out." But instead they choose to try it first in the media, now why did they do that? In his immature thinking, he probably has been involved in "incidents" like this before and assumed this one would just go away also. Maybe she will, don't know, but think trial is supposed to begin this coming week? Not sure when civil one begins.

MessieCake, your post is exactly why its not a smart idea to have sex with someone you do not know. You never know what you're going to get. Let's say that Kobe is innocent and simply cheated on his wife. He brought a potential wack job into their lives. She could have turned out to be a stalker who went after his family. I always told my oldest son not to have sex with any girl he didn't think was good enough to be the mother of one of his children because you never know. (no, I'm sure he didn't always follow that advice ;) )

There was an article some newspaper by a famous sports columnist that was speaking of a time, during the trial, when Kobe walked out on to the court.
The fans gave him a STANDING OVATION... ????
The reporter went on to state that it made him sick. At BEST this guy is a lying cheating abuser that exposed his wife to horror. I completely agree.

Nonetheless, this woman is hurtful and harmful to rape victims everywhere. If she was raped, (which I don't beleive) I am not saying she shouldn't have reported it. I am saying that I don't think she should have had sex right after the "attack". This is HIGHLY supsicious behaviour... Most rape victims don't feel like hopping in to bed and partying after the attack. In the LEAST, after she did come forward, for all rape victims everywhere, she should have at LEAST settled her partyin' down a little. I am from that area. I know people who live there. I know what she was up to afterwards, and it is not a "normal" reaction... Not sayin' she is normal, but I am saying you can't convince me that her "disorder" caused her to do any of these things,
any more than you can convince me Kobe is not "disturbed" as well.
This young woman doesn't think about anyone besides herself. If he is a rapist, then women are even more screwed than they were before this case...

Bhodirasta said:
There was an article some newspaper by a famous sports columnist that was speaking of a time, during the trial, when Kobe walked out on to the court.
The fans gave him a STANDING OVATION... ????
The reporter went on to state that it made him sick. At BEST this guy is a lying cheating abuser that exposed his wife to horror. I completely agree.

Nonetheless, this woman is hurtful and harmful to rape victims everywhere. If she was raped, (which I don't beleive) I am not saying she shouldn't have reported it. I am saying that I don't think she should have had sex right after the "attack". This is HIGHLY supsicious behaviour... Most rape victims don't feel like hopping in to bed and partying after the attack. In the LEAST, after she did come forward, for all rape victims everywhere, she should have at LEAST settled her partyin' down a little. I am from that area. I know people who live there. I know what she was up to afterwards, and it is not a "normal" reaction... Not sayin' she is normal, but I am saying you can't convince me that her "disorder" caused her to do any of these things,
any more than you can convince me Kobe is not "disturbed" as well.
This young woman doesn't think about anyone besides herself. If he is a rapist, then women are even more screwed than they were before this case...

Good post! I agree 100% :clap: :clap: :clap:

I second that!!!

:clap:

I hope my beliving in his innocence(of rape) doesnt have me come off like I support adultry nor the culture of reckless,pampered,overpaid sports "stars" and those who blindly idolize him-I dont.

And God help all furture victims as this case has indeed set some dangerous precedents!

Here we go - trial begins Friday with jurors appearing. Judge ruled today cameras only for opening and closing statements - first sentence in link below said closing then below said both opening and closing, and still cameras, so not too clear about that, except no live cameras for entire trial.

ruling

Thanks Jeanna. Thanks Messie.
When this case first broke, I thought she had been raped. I was a collegiate athlete, and I understand to the GREATEST extent how these "programs" will protect their star athletes at all cost. I also understand the aggression behind sports at higher levels and the types of personalities that play these sports (peeps-FYI- steroids,pain killers and booze don't mix) Footballers are sterioid heads, Basketballers are coke heads (the majority of the drug problems within these sports I am saying- I am NOT saying all of them do it, but the ones that do, choose thier drugs for a reason...)
My only consolation was the blatant stupidity of the DA's office (T shirts people...??), even though I thought this action was attrocious, borderline racism, and just freakin' stupid, I thought that this action demonstrated that they had a very solid case, AND backed the victim...
I changed my mind because her actions afterwards...
Now who in the sam hill goes and tells other girls about her "rapists" endowments????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
I am sorry, but when I was raped, that was the LAST thing I was thinking about. This action alone sent Hinky of the boards and down came the gauntlet. This girl is peice of work... If yall think she didn't talk about his family jewels, think again....

Peggie,
thank you for the link. I am going to be speaking to one of my girly friends there, and she will be trying to go check out the courthouse soon...
I will let yall know.

Prosecutors: Bryant evidence could be damaged

DENVER - Crucial DNA evidence tested by defense experts in the Kobe Bryant sexual assault case might have been contaminated, prosecutors said in a court filing released Wednesday, just two days before jury selection is to begin.

Prosecutors said they had found contamination in DNA "control" samples intended to ensure testing was accurate. They also said data from the defense's experts appears to have been manipulated.

Prosecutors asked the judge to hold a hearing Thursday to force the NBA star's attorneys to prove the reliability of the evidence intended to be presented at trial by defense experts.

Those experts include Elizabeth Johnson, who testified in a closed-court hearing in June that DNA evidence strongly suggests the alleged victim had sex with another man after her encounter with Bryant and before her hospital examination the following day.

That claim, which attorneys for the woman have denied, is a core part of the defense's strategy to undermine the accuser's credibility.

In the filing, prosecutor Dana Easter said some data from Technical Associates Inc., the California company where Johnson works, appeared to have been "whited out or otherwise manipulated."

Easter said in the filing that contamination was present in samples intended to ensure the accuracy of testing. She also said Technical Associates conducted testing earlier this month but has not provided prosecutors with those results.

Defense attorneys, who are subject to a sweeping gag order in the case, did not return a call seeking comment Wednesday.

Bryant, 26, has pleaded not guilty to felony sexual assault, saying he had consensual sex with the woman at the Vail-area resort where she worked last summer. If convicted, the Los Angeles Lakers star faces four years to life in prison or 20 years to life on probation, and a fine up to $750,000.

Defense attorneys have suggested the evidence would show the woman had sex with other men in the three days surrounding her encounter with Bryant, which they claimed was part of a pattern of behavior designed to gain the attention of a former boyfriend.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/082504dnbusbryant.1d382.html

Thanks, Jeana, for that link, puts another wrinkle in the mix, doesn't it. I became a little suspicious of the defense DNA "expert" when she recently testified at a slam dunk rapist trial in my area - dozens of victims, DNA all there, along with other evidence, witness accounts, etc. Anyway same "expert" testified that DNA was inaccurate and could have come from another person. Jury didn't buy it, and he was convicted on 59 counts and sentenced to about 1000 years in prison.

Very Interesting Jeanna.
I sure hope we don't find out he is indeed a rapist, and this young woman is just an anomole that helped wreaked havok upon the rape shield law...
I find this very curious...
I am anxious to see if this is just the prosecution's only move left, or if there really is a case of manipulative science...
Which Dna are they speaking of here? The DNA in the underwear? Do you mean to tell me that the defense was the only people that tested this underwear? I am not sure I am getting it here... Why wouldn't the pros have backed up their case with proof of manipulation instead of just denial that she had sex? Maybe it took this long to find contamination? Did the pros do the same test but with different results??? blah blah blah
Haeeelllppp

From what I heard from some attorney speaking about this new revelation is that prosecution is bringing it up too late to delay trial, but judge will probably rule that it can be allowed in court, during examination and cross of so-called DNA expert - she goes both ways, as do lots of defense expert witnesses, so will see how that plays out.

The day is here - trial begins! Prospective jurors showing up to fill out questionnaire, then interviewing of those who make cut begins, said to take about a week. Kobe won't appear until interviewing begins.

Kobe REFUSED a plea.................http://celebrityjustice.warnerbros.com/news/0408/26a.html

Harvey Levin was on Bill O'Reilly and said also that the Prosecution offered a deal for him to plea to a misdemeanor and give the AV a letter of apology and he turned it down and has refused any further more discussions or negotiatons.

It's my opinion a guilty person would have taken that deal, in fact a lot of innocent people would have taken that deal just to be assured no jail time or to just end the circus.
Look at Jacko,he paid out millions to make his FIRST molestation charges "go away" (although he was /is VERY guilty).

To me this is just further proof KB is innocent and will be vindicated and his "shark" Mackey will make sure it happens!

I heard about that plea talk also, from what I understood in spite of reducing charge, he would still have to register as a sex offender, which is something no one wants. I think trial will go fast, and since Kobe won't testify, and maybe neither accusor, will come down to battle of DNA experts.

peggy said:
I heard about that plea talk also, from what I understood in spite of reducing charge, he would still have to register as a sex offender, which is something no one wants. I think trial will go fast, and since Kobe won't testify, and maybe neither accusor, will come down to battle of DNA experts.

I doubt if Kobe will testify either, but his accusor must testify. If she doesn't the trial is over.

Yah.
Sex offender on the record doesn't sound very good...
When this case first came about, I thought to myself that there is NO WAY this woman is lying... NO WAY. I had lived there, I know athletes, etc. etc. etc. I used to think Mackey was a man in a wig. I really just (and still kinda do) thought the lady was just brutal.

I think it's weird that this is coming out so late (the evidence contaminatin rumours) actually, right before the jury is chosen, and then you have KBKD passing on a plea. Catch is, is that there is NO DOUBT KBKD is as cocky as the come, and then theres Manckey.

That is the twist.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back