GUILTY CO - Dr. Toni Henthorn, 50, dies in cliff fall, Rocky Mountain NP, 29 Sept 2012 *husband arrested*

Brian Maass ‏@Briancbs4 4h4 hours ago
Henthorn prosecutors say he murdered two wives for insurance $. 'These deaths were not accidents'. Henthorn lawyer says wait for evidence.

Henthorn lawyer calls HH 'unusual man' who lied about job status. Says govt doesn't believe lightning strikes twice.

Henthorn trial-first prosecution witness is Toni Henthorn brother. Discussing texts he got from HH when his sister was dying.

Brian Maass ‏@Briancbs4 3h3 hours ago
Toni Henthorn brothertestifies HH told at least 4/5 variations of how Toni died. Says HH lied about insurance proceeds.

Henthorn trial- Toni's brother says HH had Toni cremated contrary to family wishes.

Brian Maass ‏@Briancbs4 36m36 minutes ago
Henthorn trial:911 call played. Henthorn sounds composed yet amped up about wife's fall. Tells disp wife fell 30 feet. Was closer to 130 ft

Brian Maass ‏@Briancbs4 27m27 minutes ago
Henthorn trial:911 dispatcher says 'didn't feel like he was doing the cpr' when he said he was. Says he sounded like he wasn't exerting self

Brian Maass ‏@Briancbs4 27m27 minutes ago
Because death of Toni Henthorn occurred in national park- federal land

Sorry- not very good Twitter coverage, IMO :(
--------------------------------------------------------

Brian Maass ‏@Briancbs4 2h2 hours ago
Brother,a couple of 911 dispatchers now a park ranger

Brian Maass ‏@Briancbs4 2h2 hours ago Denver, CO
Henthorn trial: 'I did not believe he was doing CPR':911 disp who talked to HH said 'He did not appear to be out of breath' as most are
------------------------------------------------------------

Trial Begins for Colorado Man Accused of Pushing Wife off Cliff to Her Death

"...Federal prosecutor Suneeta Hazra told jurors that Henthorn, 59, "knew he was going...to murder his wife" so he could "collect $4.5 million in life insurance."

His wife, Dr. Toni Henthorn, then 50, "fell 128 feet...broke her neck...was...scalped...and bled out so much there was not enough blood for the coroner to test," Hazra said...

Craig Truman, Henthorn's attorney, admitted in his opening statement that "Harold Henthorn is an unusual man," who lied about having a job when he hadn't worked for years..."

http://www.people.com/article/harol...cliff-murder?xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prosecutors: Harold Henthorn Staged Deaths of 2 Wives As Accidents

"...Prosecution witnesses, including a park ranger and dispatchers, focused Tuesday on Henthorn’s shifting stories about what led up to the fall and his response. He said, for example, that he called 911 about 45 minutes after his wife fell, which he said happened as he was looking at a text message from their daughter’s baby-sitter. But the phone records don’t add up, Hazra said...

Prosecutors said the death was reminiscent of that of Henthorn’s first wife, Sandra Lynn Henthorn, who was crushed when a car slipped off a jack while they changed a flat tire in 1995 – several months after their 12th wedding anniversary. Henthorn has not been charged in that case, but police reopened the investigation after Toni Henthorn’s fatal fall.

“These deaths were not accidents,” Hazra told jurors.."

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/09/...nthorn-staged-deaths-of-2-wives-as-accidents/
---------------------------------------------------------------

Henthorn Dispatcher: ‘Didn’t Feel Like He Was Doing CPR’

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/09/...ng-cpr/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Why no live coverage??? This would be a great trial to watch. Dr. Henthorn was a resident at the hospital where I work.

Why no live coverage??? This would be a great trial to watch. Dr. Henthorn was a resident at the hospital where I work.

I believe this is being tried in Federal court, which means no cameras.

Sorry- not very good Twitter coverage, IMO :(
------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh Yes you are! :happydance: Bravo!! YESorNO! A BIG :gthanks: :loveyou:

Great! Inside stories!! Do tell!! :D :gathering:

and

:welcome6: :greetings:

So far today:
-----------------------------------------------------
Henthorn trial: RMNP ranger testifying area where Toni Henthorn fell was 'obscure...no trail leading to it'.

#HenthornTrial: prosecutors show Toni Henthorn death scene pics. Her father dabs away tears. Harold Henthorn keeps head down,avoids viewing

Brian Maass ‏@Briancbs4 2h2 hours ago
#HenthornTrial jurors ask questions. If Toni Henthorn fell 140 feet,how did her camera end up inches from her body?

Brian Maass ‏@Briancbs4 1h1 hour ago
He had the RMNP ranger answer the questions.

Brian Maass ‏@Briancbs4 54m54 minutes ago
I have not. Most of today has been videos and photos of the site.

Brian Maass ‏@Briancbs4 28m28 minutes ago
#HenthornTrial Larimer Cty. Coroner takes stand to talk about Toni Henthorn death/autopsy
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ranger: Woman’s Diamond Missing From Ring After Cliff Fall

"DENVER (AP) — A ranger says a woman whose husband is charged with pushing her from a cliff in Colorado’s Rocky Mountain National Park was wearing her wedding ring but the diamond was missing.

Ranger Paul Larson testified Wednesday that he couldn’t find the diamond in the rocky terrain where authorities found Toni Henthorn’s body in September 2012. .."

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/09/09/ranger-womans-diamond-missing-from-ring-after-cliff-fall/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RMNP Rangers: Area Where Henthorn Took Wife ‘Obscure… Unusual’

"...As Larson testified, prosecutors showed the jury numerous videos and photos of the area. Several of the pictures were of Toni Henthorn’s body at the base of the cliff. Her father, Robert Bertolet, dabbed away tears as the photos of his daughter were shown. Henthorn kept his head down, appearing to never look at the photos that were being displayed on large TV monitors and never looking at the family of his dead wife..."

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/09/09/rmnp-rangers-area-where-henthorn-took-wife-obscure-unusual/

After watching this show, I feel soooo sorry for the ex-sister-in-law who so respected Harold for helping her and her kids after she broke up with her husband, only to find out, after Toni's death, that Harold had taken out a life insurance policy on her life, with him as the sole beneficiary. How devastating to know that he likely had her in his sights as another possible source of a pay-off! (all only alleged at this point, of course.)

Thanks Otto - long time, no see. :)

This case intrigues me. Did he walk down to her body and pull the ring off her finger, or did he disable her, take the ring, and then throw her over the cliff? Why did he cremate both wives so quickly?

I remember this story. This would have been a good trial to watch, but unfortunately we can't.

Marking my spot. I hope this guy gets exactly what he deserves. :furious:

Husband accused of murdering his wife for $4.5m life insurance 'prised $30k diamond from her wedding ring before pushing her off 140ft high cliff'

"...Park ranger Paul Larson said Toni was wearing the wedding ring when she died on September 29 2012, but the expensive diamond was missing.
He added that he could not find the missing diamond in the craggy, secluded area where the authorities found the body. Larson said he drew no conclusions about the diamond.

Investigators believe the missing diamond is suspicious, as Toni’s hand was not badly injured in her fall.
Deputy Coroner Jere Gunderson said he found it off that Henthorn quickly volunteered information about the diamond when interviewed, saying it was worth $30,000, but ‘the missing stone did not matter at all at this point’...

The autopsy showed Toni Henthorn suffered serious brain and chest injuries and severe blood loss, but it did not reveal whether she fell or was pushed, said Wilkerson.
‘I couldn’t determine whether it was an accident or whether, with some of the unusual or suspicious circumstances, it was a homicide,’ said the coroner...

The victim’s brother, Dr Barry Bertolet, testified that on the day Toni died and over the next few days, his brother-in-law offered him four conflicting versions of what happened, reported The Denver Post...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...490&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

So it was just the stone itself, that dislodged or was missing, not the ring (band)...
I doubt he would have gone down there for the stone, too risky. And he couldn't have switched her ring before pushing her if she was alive then when pushed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back