CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a more serious note - sleuthing this intersection, properties around it (without addresses please) and the siting of the Postal Worker would be very, very helpful.

Do we have a good map of that intersection? Showing what lies in the general area - stores, businesses, creeks, etc. etc.?

Salem

You should remove the quote since you removed my post. :what:

ETA: I'm still geographically challenged. Is Durango south of Vallecito?

It depends... maybe not if his phone was already full of angry voice mails accusing him to be a child killer?

Sorry I would find that a complete cop out by MR . Dylan was lost on his watch and most people would understand that Elaine was a mother freaking out and had every right to lash out when you look at the breakdown of the marriage . She was hardly going to be thinking rationally after that phone call .

OK many here are thinking MR did something to DR(I am not one of them)....well if ER put him on that plane and paid for that trip, how do you think it would impact her. If something like this was planned in advance and the other parent didn't pay for the trip and it was to get back at said parent, don't you think them paying for the trip is enough. Do you think that if a parent had something like this planned, and the other parent foot the bill for the ride, that it would be easy? Crimes often are committed out of convenience. JMO

I'm sure if there is a choice no one wants to pay for a ticket that sends their child on a journey that the child never returns from but if a child is murdered the cost is probably among the smallest concerns at that point. It's perfectly reasonable to split the costs the way you suggest but I don't see it making much of a difference in the frequency of murders on visitation. If the crime is a momentary unplanned anger thing the cost of the tickets probably isn't central in the thought process of the killer. On the other hand, if a clever murderer had actually planned a murder on a visitation some might make a point to make sure the child has a return ticket in advance just to make sure no one thinks they weren't planning for the child to return so the cost would be the same either way.

He shares my sign. I'm not big into astrology, but that was a run-down I hadn't read before.

I wish I still had all of my old books. I used to have a 2500 year ephemeris, along with books telling exactly what all of the squares, trines, oppositions, sextiles, etc. meant. I'm getting too old, I can barely remember any of that stuff now.

Thank you . Was it ever mentioned if he contacted them aftwards as I assume Elaine who was miles away was pulling out her hair at this stage .

I don't think we've heard when or if they ever talked. We heard some of ER's first impressions in the early stages of the investigations, but not much from her since.

Sorry I would find that a complete cop out by MR . Dylan was lost on his watch and most people would understand that Elaine was a mother freaking out and had every right to lash out when you look at the breakdown of the marriage . She was hardly going to be thinking rationally after that phone call .

How can it be a cop out by him, I've never seen/heard him say it. Why do you think he should be clear headed, rationally thinking with the patience of a saint at a time like that? Dylan is his son too.

ETA:
Originally Posted by asyousay
Thank you . Was it ever mentioned if he contacted them aftwards as I assume Elaine who was miles away was pulling out her hair at this stage .
It's been mentioned a few times that he had tried to contact her, but she wouldn't talk. MOO

So I just got done with a custody battle in Colorado. We had to go to a CFI and everything. They did not listen to my daughter one bit, they pretty much cut parenting time in half, even though my daughter wanted it to stay the way it was. I was asking it to stay that way. My ex just wanted to pay less in child support. He was also stalking me at this time, which he admitted in court documents and no one seemed to care. If you do not send your kid to the other parent you face: contempt of court charges, possible jail time and loss of all parenting rights and time. MOO it is not worth it to me to possibly lose my child to a man I don't trust and have him have sole custody.

I haven't gone through it myself but in different jurisdictions and different cases I've seen two totally different extremes...on one hand I've seen judges who take allegations and accusations seriously (even unfounded, without merit, but completely on the side of caution) , on the other hand judges who keep custody split until/unless something happens and then it's too late. Same goes for DCF, there are way too many cases where clear instances of abuse (repeated, severe) are reported and ignored or excused all while being documented and the parent or guardian never loses the child, conversely good parents who are wrongly accused and have never so much as raised their voice have their children pulled from their custody and end up fighting lengthy exhausting battles to get them back.

So as much as I'd like to give every professional (LE, court officials) the automatic benefit of the doubt, it can go both ways and end up tragic on both ends. Add to that embelishments from involved parties, lawyers with their own agendas, skewed motivations, out of control emotions, it's hard to do well in the system.

Did Dylan fall victim to this mess? I hope not.

I really hope he's squatting in some rich person's home while they're away on a long vacation... :(

Is it true that Elaine could not get hold of MR after she was told he was missing ??

That is what Elaine reported. It's in the timeline. Both she and Cory texted back.

Yeah... I'm sure few people blame a mother for having an extremely emotional reaction to the news that her child is missing and it could be he just didn't want to talk to her because he was guilty and afraid of giving himself away.

But it seems there is a ton of dysfunctional history in this relationship and constructive dialogue is hard at the best of times so some people might think that in those circumstances it's better to avoid getting into a shouting match that you know can only escalate and make a bad thing worse and takes your focus away from the search.

I live 6 hrs from my ex he is in San Antonio,We shared joint custody however he was responsible for the travel/transportation He flew my son on a small plane for visits to and from,He even asked the judge to make me pay half the travel cost it was denied,the flight was direct non-transfer,so its possible the last court hearing could have even been over who was or wasn't paying for the flights and visits? IMO

Did/does MR have a good relationship with any of his children?

With the search efforts intensifying, Nick said the most difficult part is the scrutiny involving his estranged father, with whom he had a fragmented childhood.

“I’m trying to find out who my father
is as I try to deal with the loss of a brother,” he said

http://news.gcu.edu/2012/12/search-continues-for-13-year-old-brother-of-gcu-enrollment-counselor/

BBM

NR statements concerning his childhood and father. It doesn't appear MR had an on-going relationship with his son NR.

How can it be a cop out by him, I've never seen/heard him say it. Why do you think he should be clear headed, rationally thinking with the patience of a saint at a time like that? Dylan is his son too.

ETA:
It's been mentioned a few times that he had tried to contact her, but she wouldn't talk. MOO

I think someone here shared their own experience when their child went missing (and she or he was innocent) and said that the initial interview is grueling and can last hours. So, his son was missing, he had just been interviewed for a lengthy time period, and he gets on his phone afterward to see a bunch of nasty messages...yes, I can see him ignoring those. Maybe not the best thing to do, but, for me, reasonable if we consider him a distraught victim at this point.
Or maybe he is just cold and mean, but I don't think we have enough evidence to say either way at this point.

It wasn't even a phone call. It was a text.

In my daughters divorce/custody case (very very weird story and scary) it all came down to money. She let him out of paying, he signed his rights away. He did it with his other children too!

I think someone here shared their own experience when their child went missing (and she or he was innocent) and said that the initial interview is grueling and can last hours. So, his son was missing, he had just been interviewed for a lengthy time period, and he gets on his phone afterward to see a bunch of nasty messages...yes, I can see him ignoring those. Maybe not the best thing to do, but, for me, reasonable if we consider him a distraught victim at this point.
Or maybe he is just cold and mean, but I don't think we have enough evidence to say either way at this point.

You know, that's really a good point. IF he's innocent and distraught, the last thing he's going to want to do at that exact moment is get into a screaming argument over the mistakes he made. It's possible that he knew ER would want to know every detail and then blame him for not being more conscientious. (wouldn't blame her for that, either) Maybe he just needed some time to cry and regain his composure before facing her.
moo

Nothing, nada, zip, zilch new? Is that it? Nothing until/unless they find a body?

a) he didn't use it as a cop out, in fact he's refrained from talking too much about it at all. When baited by press he even said he wasn't going to lash out at his ex wife.
b) You're right- ER can lash out and lose her cool, there are no hard and fast rules for how you respond to such devastating news. I hope nobody chooses to judge her for for being upset and speaking from her heart at such a time!

IMO parents should not be judged because their actions don't match what others think they should. It's an extremely emotional experience, and nobody can really define a rational and normal baseline. As long as they keep talking openly with LE and cooperating entirely, which both parents have, the rest is flexible to me.

Aquarians basically possess strong and attractive personalities. They fall into two principle types: one shy, sensitive, gentle and patient; the other exuberant, lively and exhibitionist, sometimes hiding the considerable depths of their character under a cloak of frivolity. Both types are strong willed and forceful in their different ways and have strong convictions, though as they seek truth above all things, they are usually honest enough to change their opinions, however firmly held, if evidence comes to light which persuades them that they have been mistaken. They have a breadth of vision that brings diverse factors into a whole, and can see both sides of an argument without shilly-shallying as to which side to take. Consequently they are unprejudiced and tolerant of other points of view. This is because they can see the validity of the argument, even if they do not accept it themselves. They obey the Quaker exhortation to "Be open to truth, from whatever source it comes," and are prepared to learn from everyone.

http://www.astrology-online.com/aquarius.htm

If anyone cares about this sort of thing. :)

My birthday is one day after Dylan's. I am the second type mentioned. *lol*

I don't understand why the father would not return Mom's texts. The son's texts not being returned I could possibly understand. But, not calling or texting back to the child's mother?

:moo: SPECULATION:
I'm basing this all on gut feeling, but the non-communication is very hard to get past in trying to look in other directions than MR, as to knowing the truth about what has happened to the boy.

I'm praying for everyone involved in every way - especially those who love and care for Dylan, his friends, and all the LEOs and others that are helping figure this all out in an official capacity - and including all the volunteers as well. I pray the answers will be found and that somehow Dylan will be found safe.

:newbie: Question: What does BBM stand for? I've looked through the WS lexicon thread and cannot find an explanation for it. :)

BBM is "bolded by me", used when you want to highlight something in a quote and make clear that the bolding was your addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean