CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow - WS'ers, you move awfully fast. Has Dylan's footprint on Social Media been covered (I'm sure it has). I have a 15YO DS, and I can absolutely pinpoint the last time he was on line (I'm a helicopter mom like that). His X-box will tell me when was last on line, or the computer history will tell me the sites he visited. Did Dylan have a twitter or FB account? I believe he had a cell phone -- wonder if that's been pinged. And if he plays on-line games, the provider can determine when he last logged in (ie, League of Legends -- which my son plays).

It's just so hard these days for teens to fall off the face of the earth without being able to pin-point an exact time. I heard 8 PM and wonder how that conclusion was made.

Sorry if this has been re-hashed, but whew -- 20 threads! I just pray for his safe return and pray this isn't another Hailey Dunn scenario - kwim?

MOO

Mel

All we know as far as any devices etc. is Dylans phone had zero activity after 8 p.m. Sunday night.

They need a body. I hate to say that but they do. If they find a body and MR's phone pinged there or near there then they have a case.

But what I don't understand is the lack of more searching. I know weather is an issue. But they sure weren't doing much from the beginning (to my knowledge). Unless they do believe he's in the lake and will surface in the spring and are figuring they're just going to have to wait this out.

Wow - WS'ers, you move awfully fast. Has Dylan's footprint on Social Media been covered (I'm sure it has). I have a 15YO DS, and I can absolutely pinpoint the last time he was on line (I'm a helicopter mom like that). His X-box will tell me when was last on line, or the computer history will tell me the sites he visited. Did Dylan have a twitter or FB account? I believe he had a cell phone -- wonder if that's been pinged. And if he plays on-line games, the provider can determine when he last logged in (ie, League of Legends -- which my son plays).

It's just so hard these days for teens to fall off the face of the earth without being able to pin-point an exact time. I heard 8 PM and wonder how that conclusion was made.

Sorry if this has been re-hashed, but whew -- 20 threads! I just pray for his safe return and pray this isn't another Hailey Dunn scenario - kwim?

MOO

Mel

At 8pm all activity ceased on his phone, despite practically being in the middle of a conversation. His father has made no indication that the phone was broken or stopped working and LE based a large part of their theory that he had not run away on the fact that he had no contact or activity that could be traced after Sunday evening at a it 8pm. Apparently he did not access other devices, as LR has never amended that time.

Lotus: I was going to reply to your NG statement. But I have no clue how to bring that over. You said you would even watch it... I would even read the transcribes. (The whole no tv thing) O/T I did watch some clips on line and geez I see what you are all saying about her lol :)

They need a body. I hate to say that but they do. If they find a body and MR's phone pinged there or near there then they have a case.

I dunno if that would be enough. I think a Defense Atty. would have a hayday if that's all they had. The longer this goes the less chance of any forensics to tell the story of what really happened. I sure hope I am wrong tho. MOO

But what I don't understand is the lack of more searching. I know weather is an issue. But they sure weren't doing much from the beginning (to my knowledge). Unless they do believe he's in the lake and will surface in the spring and are figuring they're just going to have to wait this out.

We have to hope he is found by a member of the public, I guess. LE very seldom actually finds the victims anyway, almost always some dog walker, etc.

Still, one would like to see more searching. I am so baffled by LE not saying a word, not even pushing to get or keep Dylan in the news. No matter who they think might be responsible, Dylan still needs to be found and the community, as well as tourists coming in to ski, etc. need to be reminded to keep their eyes open.

I would assume that LE has already searched where MR's phone pinged.

At 8pm all activity ceased on his phone, despite practically being in the middle of a conversation. His father has made no indication that the phone was broken or stopped working and LE based a large part of their theory that he had not run away on the fact that he had no contact or activity that could be traced after Sunday evening at a it 8pm. Apparently he did not access other devices, as LR has never amended that time.

Note that they were driving between Durango and MR's house, and cell coverage will be pretty spotty in that area since it is very rural.

I know there have been a lot of questions about whether or not LE has checked MR's phone pings and Dylan's phone pings (up until his phone died) and I would have to say of course they have. There are 3 places LE has searched to my knowledge. Florida Rd, Vallecito Lake and MR's house (albeit late). We are assuming they searched the lake because of MR's comment about the fishing pole being gone but it's quite possible one or both of those phones pinged at that lake. I think it's highly likely there were pings along Florida Road too. (and an interesting note that some locals have made comments that Florida Road would not be the route most people would take from Durango to Vallecito). LE does give us clues as to what they have. IMHO that is where Dylan will eventually be found. Either the lake or along Florida Road somewhere. And my gut says it's going to be the lake. I don't think LE believes Dylan ever made it to MR's house and thats the reason for the late search. I think they did it as a formality but knew they wouldn't find anything proving Dylan was ever there and at that point they were honing in on MR. They know more then they're letting out. If they want an eventual prosecution and conviction they have to cross their T's and dot their I's. ALL JUST MY OPINION.

Good post. I'd be curious to know what MR's cell phone 'baseline' looks like normally over time (before this happened).

Even with the seemingly poor cell reception at his house and his lack of social interaction by phone, it would be interesting to see if he calls his voicemail often, if so-when? Does he check in with work routinely? Does he leave his cell phone on all day? I'm not sure what can be checked now going back any abnormality from that evening on would be telling. IMO.
I'm fearful that much was lost by waiting the week or more treating the case as something it wasn't, looking elsewhere, as any potential evidence was lost forever. :(

I know there have been a lot of questions about whether or not LE has checked MR's phone pings and Dylan's phone pings (up until his phone died) and I would have to say of course they have. There are 3 places LE has searched to my knowledge. Florida Rd, Vallecito Lake and MR's house (albeit late). We are assuming they searched the lake because of MR's comment about the fishing pole being gone but it's quite possible one or both of those phones pinged at that lake. I think it's highly likely there were pings along Florida Road too. (and an interesting note that some locals have made comments that Florida Road would not be the route most people would take from Durango to Vallecito). LE does give us clues as to what they have. IMHO that is where Dylan will eventually be found. Either the lake or along Florida Road somewhere. And my gut says it's going to be the lake. I don't think LE believes Dylan ever made it to MR's house and thats the reason for the late search. I think they did it as a formality but knew they wouldn't find anything proving Dylan was ever there and at that point they were honing in on MR. They know more then they're letting out. If they want an eventual prosecution and conviction they have to cross their T's and dot their I's. ALL JUST MY OPINION.

Just your opinion is mostly my opinion too. Intriguing though to think that Florida Road is not the route locals would take. The large search organized by Er's friend was supposed to be in a slightly different area originally and I thought LE moved it to the Florida Road area, specifically directing searchers to look for backpack, clothing, phone etc. My guess is that there was a ping ping ping.

I don't think they went to Vallecito Lake just because MR mentioned a fishing pole being missing. There are other lakes and rivers nearby he could have gone fishing if that were the case.

Hi Psychic,

I understand what you mean, but a few comments:
1) Why would LE assume that Dylan never made it to MR's house? That's a HUGE assumption to make unless you've actually searched his house.
2) The lake is way too big to do a thorough/complete search. Remember the missing girl whose body was in a pond a month ago? They had to drain the pond to find the body, as the searchers couldn't find anything.
3) MR's house was searched before the roads. I know the volunteer work that Ransom did (on Florida Road as I recall) took place weeks after LE searched MR's house and property.
4) Florida Road is the most direct route from Durango to Vallecito. http://binged.it/Z1hBZD. I can't see any other route, unless you are going all the way through Bayfield. Which local said that they wouldn't take Florida Road?

If it did at all. We dont even know if he had it with him.

Who would leave their house to go pick their young son up from the airport and not take their cell phone. Of course he would.

Note that they were driving between Durango and MR's house, and cell coverage will be pretty spotty in that area since it is very rural.

True, perhaps, but why never use the phone again at all? Or have his dad trying to text him several times on Monday, if there was no service?

Hi Psychic,

I understand what you mean, but a few comments:
1) Why would LE assume that Dylan never made it to MR's house? That's a HUGE assumption to make unless you've actually searched his house.
2) The lake is way too big to do a thorough/complete search. Remember the missing girl whose body was in a pond a month ago? They had to drain the pond to find the body, as the searchers couldn't find anything.
3) MR's house was searched before the roads. I know the volunteer work that Ransom did (on Florida Road as I recall) took place weeks after LE searched MR's house and property.
4) Florida Road is the most direct route from Durango to Vallecito. http://binged.it/Z1hBZD. I can't see any other route, unless you are going all the way through Bayfield. Which local said that they wouldn't take Florida Road?

There are comments on the FB page about the route.

I don't think they went to Vallecito Lake just because MR mentioned a fishing pole being missing. There are other lakes and rivers nearby he could have gone fishing if that were the case.

It's the closest lake though. http://binged.it/Z1iaCS The next closest "lake" (the one to the west) is Lemon Reservoir, but that's a 13 mile trek (http://binged.it/Z1iy4d). Dylan didn't have a car, and that's a long bike ride when there is a good fishing lake a short walk away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph