CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lotus: I was going to reply to your NG statement. But I have no clue how to bring that over. You said you would even watch it... I would even read the transcribes. (The whole no tv thing) O/T I did watch some clips on line and geez I see what you are all saying about her lol :)

HA! Oh you lucky soul, to only know NG through clips! :floorlaugh: But really, she was pretty even-tempered on the two Dylan shows -- we got a couple of comments from Sgt. Bender and ER, Dylan's story got exposure, and we knew wheels were turning.
I wonder if LE would accept an invitation onto the show if NG asked them on, or would they decline with no comment and nothing to say?

I have a friend who's daughter has a home in Durango. They usually spend the holidays there. I have sent her an email to see if she has even heard about the case and if so if she has any info.

Will post if I get any information.

True, perhaps, but why never use the phone again at all? Or have his dad trying to text him several times on Monday, if there was no service?

He had service at home, but only texts worked (at least somewhat reliably.) Of course, he'd have no idea where Dylan was, and what the coverage was in that area. He does know that areas where the "phone" service is spotty seem to work with texts, so it makes a lot of sense that he'd text Dylan.

160 is the route some locals said most would take rather than Florida Road.

It's a longer route. It would also go through Bayfield. And we know MR didn't want to take Dylan to Bayfield that night.

Under Ted Roberts post on the right hand side click 'see all' then read all the comments.

I've looked at all the comments from Ted Roberts posts and don't see anyone saying this. Can you give us the date of Ted's post, and the name of the person making this statement?

Vallecito can only be approached from the south, as there are no roads leading east or west, and the north route is a dead end.

It's a longer route. It would also go through Bayfield. And we know MR didn't want to take Dylan to Bayfield that night.

And of course if they did take that road, the pings would indicate this: either in Durango as they headed south to 160, or in Bayfield itself. The police wouldn't have searched Florida Road if this was the case.

Just wondered if MR was spotted on the Walmart surviellance footage, which of course we haven't seen... was he able to provide LE with the clothes and shoes he was wearing in that footage that night when they conducted the search warrant?

Just wondered if MR was spotted on the Walmart surviellance footage, which of course we haven't seen... was he able to provide LE with the clothes and shoes he was wearing in that footage that night when they conducted the search warrant?

I would assume (hope?) that was one of the first things they sought after seeing the footage.

LE isn't telling us enough for me to foster an educated guess. I think they verified walmart pretty early, though. And I would venture a guess that they had the clothes or an excuse for not having them before they searched.

It could also be that the clothes were rather non-descript and he had others like them making it another dead end. Some are creatures of habit. We can't know without more info from LE.

And of course if they did take that road, the pings would indicate this: either in Durango as they headed south to 160, or in Bayfield itself. The police wouldn't have searched Florida Road if this was the case.

I agree that this is the route they took. I just thought it was interesting that some locals said it would not be the usual route locals would take.

PaulR,

Read Cheryl Lynn (long post). It's a conversation between her and Kathy. I am leary to post about FB because I don't really understand the rules about posting here for that. I know I can't copy/paste. I hope I'm not breaking any rules. It's there though.

I agree that this is the route they took. I just thought it was interesting that some locals said it would not be the usual route locals would take.

I'm really curious as to why. 240/Florida looks like a perfectly good road; two lanes with wide shoulders. Here's a view of the road on the stretch between Durango and the turnoff for Vallecito: http://goo.gl/maps/q4EFY

LE isn't telling us enough for me to foster an educated guess. I think they verified walmart pretty early, though. And I would venture a guess that they had the clothes or an excuse for not having them before they searched.

It could also be that the clothes were rather non-descript and he had others like them making it another dead end. Some are creatures of habit. We can't know without more info from LE.

Thanks , i was just wondering if they left it to long then he could of plausibly washed his cloths. Kind of like i always wonder if they got prints off the bowl left out and tv remote or if the week delay meant anything tangible was lost .

I'm really curious as to why. 240/Florida looks like a perfectly good road; two lanes with wide shoulders. Here's a view of the road on the stretch between Durango and the turnoff for Vallecito: http://goo.gl/maps/q4EFY

I am not a local, but just looking at a satellite map of the two routes, the Florida Rd route appears more winding and leads to what appear to be higher elevations. That might mean weaker cell signal. Also, maybe there are more service facilities on the longer route, which would be more favorable if one had a flat tire or breakdown. According to google, the longer route only adds 8 minutes or so to the trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg