CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www3.drcog.org/waytogo

Colorado encouranges ride sharing. HMM...I wonder if Dylan pre-arranged a ride back home through this site. This is the modern day equivalent to hitchhiking. Just a thought.

Why is he talking about his son in the past tense??

M: Dylan, my prayers are with you and I love you very much. He was the light of my life and he meant everything to me. And I just want him home just like everybody else does. And that's why we've got to keep searching for him. Because somebody knows something. We've got to find him and we need to know he's okay.

Video link of dad talking about Dylan I posted not good. On page 12. Also transcribed...

He went, but did anyone see him with Dylan?

As far as we know ( which isn't very far) we only have dads word for when he went missing. Based on what I know for a fact, he got off the plane and was reported missing late the next day.

Maybe the reporting wasn't accurate, but I know at least one article I read said they had searched Mark's home previously, just not as thoroughly as this last one with the SW. I'm guessing that they needed to meet a certain threshold of info/evidence to obtain a SW and that's why a more thorough search of the home wasn't done previously. Moo

http://www3.drcog.org/waytogo

Colorado encouranges ride sharing. HMM...I wonder if Dylan pre-arranged a ride back home through this site. This is the modern day equivalent to hitchhiking. Just a thought.

Why would he pre-arrange a ride back home when his father was supposed to take him home? He is only 13 years old. When he is in custody of his father, father is responsible for him.

I was certain that Pierre Barnes father did something to him when he disappeared. His father talked of his son being dead, he talked with certainty. He talked about recovering his body and hoping it was found before the family left the island. This talk came the day after Pierre went missing. I was sure the father did it. Well, he didn't. Pierre was found at the bottom of cliff after going out bike riding alone. A violent storm came up and he was apparently trying to seek shelter or get out of the storm and fell over the cliff.

I learned my lesson. I'm going to wait and see. How awful all this is anyway for the parents, then to have so many people just assuming one parent murdered him while having to go through all this........I can't even imagine.

How I would react to a situation may not necessarily be how someone else reacts to it. Just look at the opinions here. So many different opinions and feelings on the case. Who is to say who is right and who is wrong. Only time will tell if the truth ever comes out.

The things that seem to be confirmed:

Dylan arrived in La Plata County on Sunday evening

After that, everything is a great big UNKNOWN

NO. Cadaver dogs found HUMAN scent on the water at the lake, so they dove and searched, just in case. But the scent was not specifically Dylans.

In fact, they could not use scent dogs in the first sew days at all because there was nothing suitable to use from Dad's home because all of D's stuff was missing. Some of us find it odd there are no dirty socks from the night before though. Why would Dylan take his dirty socks with him that morning? I would expect to find them in a ball under the bed, not back in his backpack.

BBM

Do we know if Dylan was wearing socks? Heck I can not get my kids to wear socks even in below freezing weather! We have the ever famous sock battle at my house. me - Oh my gawd, I can't believe you are not wearing socks, again.:what:

<SNIP>

eta: Even if they did stop and didn't see anyone they knew, with the publicity surrounding his disappearance, why hasn't someone who didn't know them seen the news coverage and come forward to say they remember the man and his boy at the store?

When I go shopping, at Walmart or one of the local grocery stores, I'm usually there to get what I need and leave. If someone were to come up to me a day or two later and showed me a picture of someone I didn't know (or post a picture was published in the paper) and ask if I saw the person in there shopping, I'd probably say no even if they had been right in front of me in the checkout line for 15+ minutes. Especially in a place like Walmart, I wouldn't trust the memory of someone he didn't know who said he was definitely there. I'd never get out of there if I tried to memorize the faces of every adult and child I saw in there just in case someone asked me later. MOO

So the comment about him taking off on foot the to go to friends the next day while dad was gone....that was obviously speculation by media, I guess....but did one of his friends say something like they think that might have happened....they did say something like that, right...why did they think that? Has it been verified who the 8:00 activity on phone was to....6:30 was mom...was 8:00 friends...? Why? Why? and more WHYS?????

The friend whose house he was supposed to go to said he wouldn't be surprised if he had tried hitchhiking there and somebody picked him up and took him. The other two friends agreed with him.

Then why did he insist on court ordered visit?
He also claims Dylan meant everything to him.

ER went to court to change the custody order because she had moved away. She was given primary parenting time (I think that's what they call it there), but MR had to go to court himself to be award parenting time(they no longer call it visitation). Considering the circumstances, I wouldn't be surprised if he was given Thanksgiving, Christmas (or part of that vacation), at least a month in the summer and a long weekend or two in between. MOO

I think he is guilty but something another poster wrote gave me another thought.

In that interview MR seems very "me focused" and detached. Could it be that simple? Maybe he just has no vested interest in his son. He wouldn't be the first parent. So his son goes missing and his only vested interest in the situation is that HE has became the focus of it. Sure that would make him a donkey but not a murderer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trying to catch up on here AGAIN. So, someone else may have already said this....One thing that really disturbed me about the interview is that MR kept referring to Dylan as "the boy." Sure, there were a few times he actually said Dylan, but that wording seemed really detached. Why not say "my son"?

His emotions changed so quickly, too. It was the abruptness of how his face turned serious after smiling, and then how his voice went back to normal after his voice cracked at one point, that I find unsettling. Emotionally he seems very detached. MOO

The things that seem to be confirmed:

Dylan arrived in La Plata County on Sunday evening

After that, everything is a great big UNKNOWN

Yep! I would love something concrete to be able to narrow down the actual timeline to those 4 hours dad was running errands. But it seems very likely that can't be done, there seems to be no corroborating evidence Dylan ever made it to dads house.

Was Dylan's bed made up...or unmade?
Was there trash in the trash can that would be consistent with something Dylan ate or drank that night at the house?

BBM

Do we know if Dylan was wearing socks? Heck I can not get my kids to wear socks even in below freezing weather! We have the ever famous sock battle at my house. me - Oh my gawd, I can't believe you are not wearing socks, again.:what:

Be thankful! I went 3 years without socks because my kid kept stealing them. He changes and showers way too much! I'm so happy my socks no longer fit him:)

Why is he talking about his son in the past tense??

M: Dylan, my prayers are with you and I love you very much. He was the light of my life and he meant everything to me. And I just want him home just like everybody else does. And that's why we've got to keep searching for him. Because somebody knows something. We've got to find him and we need to know he's okay.

Video link of dad talking about Dylan I posted not good. On page 12. Also transcribed...

Maybe the same reason the mom and brother talked about Dylan in the past tense?

And I absolutely 100% agree with Mr. Redwine on this point. In fact when we found out they just searched Thursday many posters couldnt understand what took them so long especially with the CBI and FBI involved early on. It still makes no sense that they waited over a week to do this.

They should have done this immediately. In fact in cases like this where the child goes missing from any location it is searched with an obtained SW right away. We usually see LE arrive on the scene and start putting up crime tape around the property to keep the looky loos and the media off of the property and then they will wait outside until one of the lead detectives goes to a Judge to get him to sign off on the SW.

Now they waited over a week to do so. This should have been done the very day he went missing. I dont have a clue why they waited so long and it seems neither does Mr. Redwine.

I saw no anomosity that he had for LE whatsoever. He said he understands they have to look at him and his home since he was the last to see his son.

IMO

If LE had immediately swarmed in on dad's house with the CSI vans and search dogs, some people would have really been upset because dad reported HIS son MISSING; a lot on here, I bet!!

he said he probably had a fishing pole with him....dad didn't understand WHY LE took so long to look at the lake because he said something about that initially....LE has "looked" everywhere dad said...well that didn't find Dylan....so LE is back at Point A

Dad appears to have been giving LE the run around and sending them on wild goose chases...MOO

How many missing children's parent's home are thoroughly searched immediately with crime scene tape around them???

I have seen time and time again parents of missing children act all differently. Some are in a panic, out of control, begging etc. That would be me. Others I have seen have been stoic, quiet, no emotion.
So I find it a hard thing to gauge.

I agree. Not to mention that we never saw them before their child was missing, and so have no way of gauging their reaction compared to their usual demeanor.

Has LE confirmed that?

I haven't seen anywhere where LE confirmed who reported what when? IDK...
I was just giving this link to Linda7NJ as seemed to be looking for a link regarding mom reporting that she called the Sheriff shortly after receiving the call from dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kolse