CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have missed two threads! But, it looks like the only development has been the mention of a cereal bowl and Nickelodeon. I skimmed, so let me know if I missed something.

I'm kinda curious if they are with all the warm weather lately. I'm sure their biological clock says they should be.

On an AlaskaWildlife gov't page I just googled... Bears do not necessarily hibernate when there is plenty of food around..

Example... Bears in Alaska may hibernate for about 7 months of the year..

whereas in warmer states they may hibernate for 2 -3 months of the year...

but if conditions are so that there is food around...then they might not hibernate at all.. Unless they are birthing and raising young cubs...

JMO

(sorry...I am lousy with links)

Are there any ground searches going on? Were there any?

Perhaps he was injured, caught in a trap, got lost trying to find a shortcut to his friends? I don't understand how those things have been positively ruled out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have missed two threads! But, it looks like the only development has been the mention of a cereal bowl and Nickelodeon. I skimmed, so let me know if I missed something.

Yeah no news, in this instance no news is bad news :(

I dont think Hitching a ride can be ruled out.
Alot of these remote rural areas seem to have alot of young ppl hitching rides to get to places they want or feel they need to gowith no other means of transportation.

Look at he highway of tears.
Many of these girls are hitchikers wanting to get to friends houses.
Brit Wood would walk out her home and be gone for days my guess is she would hitch rides..

What really bothers me thos is the lack of cell activity. Not even a ping!

I think whatever happed happend Sunday evening.

All JMO

anyone know what traffic is like on the road between Vallecito and Bayfield? is there a constant amount of traffic or is it fairly quiet? also are there any spots that have a big drop off the side of the road?

Are there any ground searches going on? Were there any?

Perhaps he was injured, caught in a trap, got lost trying to find a shortcut to his friends? I don't understand how those things have been positively ruled out.

Last I heard they are letting the public do searches again.

Last I heard they are letting the public do searches again.

They don't sound all that organized :( and it doesn't sound like a 100 people.

I so wish Tim Miller was there with his team

Thans so much for this update. I had read somewhere that MR worked out of town and am so glad it's out there now.
I asked the question threads ago about who would be looking out for his home while he was gone? Who could have had a key?
Whoever did would know that MR was home as of the 17th and that Dylan would be there Thanksgiving week.

Good question, but perhaps he didn't give a key to anyone. Neighbors can keep an eye on someone's house without having to actually go inside the house. If he had no pets of any kind, why would someone need a key for the house? Also, most men who work out of town frequently don't tend to keep pets in the house that have to be fed and cared for.
I know you meant this only as a possibility, and that's fine. But logically, when you give your house key to someone, you should trust that person pretty well, and I doubt that he would have given the key to someone who had the propensity to kidnap his son. Unless he didn't really know that person very well. But then again, why would you give your house key to someone you barely know?

I always hate this point. Very little new information and our discussions just keep going in circles. For me it comes down to 2 options #1. Father did something #2. He hitch hiked (which I find less plauseable).

I wish we had more info. The walmart tapes? The mcdonalds tapes? What kind of phone he had? What kind of ipod? Ugh.

Where are you Dylan????

Have we heard from any of dads friends or family or anyone.
Do we know anything about dad at all?
If he works
neighbors?
friends?

anything!

I dont think Hitching a ride can be ruled out.
Alot of these remote rural areas seem to have alot of young ppl hitching rides to get to places they want or feel they need to gowith no other means of transportation.

Look at he highway of tears.
Many of these girls are hitchikers wanting to get to friends houses.
Brit Wood would walk out her home and be gone for days my guess is she would hitch rides..

What really bothers me thos is the lack of cell activity. Not even a ping!

I think whatever happed happend Sunday evening.

All JMO
LE has never said anything about pings. Just that the last activity was 2000. The phone off is coming from family members iirc and family members do not have case details.:twocents:

Have we heard from any of dads friends or family or anyone.
Do we know anything about dad at all?
If he works
neighbors?
friends?

anything!

see the dh article I posted on page one. Yes, he works out of town and is gone a lot. He is a city boy from Denver and has had to adjust to living in a remote area.

more at the link on page one (above is paraphrased)

Im guessing the walmart either did not have sufficient surveillance because it's very rural. Maybe they don't think they need it . OR there is no video of Dylan on that tape coming or going. Did he wait in the car? maybe or maybe he was unable to go inside. Also the mcdonalds mayor may not have cameras. If they did have cams and they drove through, they might only see the truck, not necessarily anyone inside it. I'm basing this on the fact that Bender said all we know is Dylan did arrive in La Plata Co. Aftr that we know nothing or very little. I don't have a link to this but it's been discussed many many times and the link has popped up many many times. If LE cannot confirm that Dylan did anything after arriving in laplata co on the plane, then there is NO video of him in mcdonalds or walmart, period !

More than enough time has gone by to see Dylan on a walmart cam if he ever entered that store. Either they have no cams inside or he did NOT enter that store.
Let's face it ,if he had entered that store and was on cam, they would be BLASTING that footage all day and all night on tv and saying ' here is little Dylan 's last sighting, this is what he was wearing, etc ' . All the time these days in a missing person case or a criminal case, they show the last sighting if it was on a store cam.
Remember baby Lisa's mom.......on the store cam..........buying wine..........and baby wipes?
There is no walmart footage of Dylan. I'm VERY sure of that .
Maybe dad's already told them he waited in the car and they can see he bought stuff that he would only buy for a
boy and so they feel he was alive and ok at that point, but not ' sighting' is not the same as a belief he was ok
at that point.

http://durangoherald.com/article/20...900/Family-keeps-faith-through-adverse-time--

Mark Redwine said he had some frustrations about the whole event, the first being what happened to Dylan.

“We're all searching for that answer,” he said.

“I think we're all frustrated,” including the community, he added.

Another source of frustration is with the Dylan Redwine Taskforce of law-enforcement agencies, he said. He said in the last day or two he has been trying to contact the task force for updates but has received no response.

Mark Redwine's usual contact with the task force is Lead Investigator Dan Patterson of the La Plata County Sheriff's Office. He said he saw Patterson Friday, but has not heard from him since.

bbm

Mark Redwine said he was told there's an area of Vallecito Reservoir that's “of interest” to law enforcement. This follows a search by New Mexico state dive crews Nov. 25 near the Vallecito dam. At that time, nothing was found.

bbm, If he has not been updated by LE I wonder who told him about the "of interest" to law enforcement area at the lake, again.

Im guessing the walmart either did not have sufficient surveillance because it's very rural. Maybe they don't think they need it . OR there is no video of Dylan on that tape coming or going. Did he wait in the car? maybe or maybe he was unable to go inside. Also the mcdonalds mayor may not have cameras. If they did have cams and they drove through, they might only see the truck, not necessarily anyone inside it. I'm basing this on the fact that Bender said all we know is Dylan did arrive in La Plata Co. Aftr that we know nothing or very little. I don't have a link to this but it's been discussed many many times and the link has popped up many many times. If LE cannot confirm that Dylan did anything after arriving in laplata co on the plane, then there is NO video of him in mcdonalds or walmart, period !

More than enough time has gone by to see Dylan on a walmart cam if he ever entered that store. Either they have no cams inside or he did NOT enter that store.
how do we know LE doesn't have video of him at walmart or McDonalds? That is not a fact.

LE has never said anything about pings. Just that the last activity was 2000. The phone off is coming from family members iirc and family members do not have case details.:twocents:

Exactly!
If that kid had his phone he would try to turn it on at some point but there has been nada since sunday evening.
I think even if they had spotty coverage that phone would have pinged at some point right

www.ehow.com/how_6296518_ping-cell-phone-locate.html

Cell phone companies can "ping" or contact the cell phone and discover the nearest tower ... the cell phone company can track a GPS signal even with the cell turned off.
?

Exactly!
If that kid had his phone he would try to turn it on at some point but there has been nada since sunday evening.
I think even if they had spotty coverage that phone would have pinged at some point right

www.ehow.com/how_6296518_ping-cell-phone-locate.html

Cell phone companies can "ping" or contact the cell phone and discover the nearest tower ... the cell phone company can track a GPS signal even with the cell turned off.
?

it may well have but only the investigators have that information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member