Identified! CO - Fort Lupton, WhtMale 45-65, UP58690, "CO Div of Water Resources" hat, wallet, rubber chicken, Toyota key, Dec'18 - Douglas Wayne Jackson

The more I think about it, the more I think Pollitte is a strong candidate. There's plenty of time for him to have wandered to Colorado from California. It's more or less straight down I-80, though there are other routes.
I agree. Since they also don't know about hair (color, length, facial, etc.) that wouldn't rule him out either.

The more I think about it, the more I think Pollitte is a strong candidate. There's plenty of time for him to have wandered to Colorado from California. It's more or less straight down I-80, though there are other routes.
submit him!! whats the worst that could happen

Some thoughts on this gentleman's possessions:

1. All of the items shown appear to be in relatively good condition (I didn't note a PMI mentioned anywhere), from appearances it wouldn't see to me they had been in the elements for an extended period of time. They also appear to be of good quality.
2. There is no mention of a shirt.
3. There is no mention of prescription glasses, nor are the sunglasses noted as prescription.

While I clearly do not not know who this is, I believe he has an affection for a younger person in his life and is fun. Perhaps a young grandchild. He carries someone's heart in his pocket and a bubblegum machine rubber chicken in his wallet. These were important enough for him to carry with him and I believe are of significance.

The 2004 (or older) key to a Toyota leads me to believe he was practical, and again relied on quality.

I am at a loss with the older computer cables and the "why" and would assume (as mentioned here) they are older VGA cables or something. I will say this, I still have some of those :) I have purchased adapters that I use with new cables to attach to secondary monitors, etc. that I need for work without buying a brand new monitor :) --- I am going to try to think out of the box on this.

I am not a regular hiker, but I'm not sure I believe he was either, again going back to what seems to me to be clothing in very good condition and quite new in appearance (there seems to be no significant wear at all to what we can see in the image of the hiking boots).

Is anyone aware of any info relative to the manner and cause of this man's death?

This is probably not very likely, but what about Robert Fisher?

Height is about right, he was known to be an outdoorsy guy and possible survivalist?

ETA: Here the WS thread on him. It also has some CCTV still. Look at the nose compared to the UID.

Last edited:
I went down a hole trying to figure out the year Keen started producing Targhee II mid boots. Perhaps someone can point me in a more efficient direction than just searching Keen Targhee II and narrowing narrowing the date range. But it looks like the Targhee II had online reviews of it going back to Jan 2013. So, long story short, considering what we know about the flashlight year, my search was fruitless.

Edit to add:
Looks like Costco sold Paradox rain jackets in 2013 & 2014 (possibly before/after as well). Since his jeans are Kirkland brand, it’s possible he bought the jacket at Costco as well.

Attachments

• D9F45675-B1C0-40A4-B434-96124F592CE9.jpeg
    D9F45675-B1C0-40A4-B434-96124F592CE9.jpeg
    95.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I can't get past a resemble to #36 Lyndon Baines Jonson!

1672005002767.png
image from history.com

Sorry.

So no abandoned Toyota anywhere near?

Someone else leave our decedent & drive away?

So no abandoned Toyota anywhere near?

Someone else leave our decedent & drive away?

Stolen, maybe? I'm thinking maybe he expected a very short walk, didn't take food or water for that reason, and then got stranded and tried to walk somewhere, or had to spend a night outdoors, and succumbed to exposure or preexisting health conditions. I assume towing and abandonment would have been ruled out relatively easily (assuming the case was properly investigated, which in rural areas is not always a given), so theft is the explanation that comes to my mind. Of course that's assuming the key was to a vehicle that he had driven to the area.

Usually if someone has a car key on them along with other items like a wallet, I would assume that they did drive a car recently. But this man seems to have been carrying several "sentimental" items, so there's the possibility that they key was also just a thing he carried, I guess. I know people who do still have keys to cars they no longer own, usually for sentimental and "there's a story..." type reasons.

Interesting he was in such a rural area and was carrying no water bottles, drinking flasks, or even any food packets in his bag. It must've been a long hike to where he was and back.

As for the old computer cables, hmmm. An odd thing to be carrying, especially if they were the ONLY thing he was carrying in his bag. These rubber coated computer cables are quite strong and have in the past been used to strangle people on many occasions. Sad, but true. I can't else think for the life of me why you might have these and nothing else in your bag.

MOO.

I thought the same as soon as I read that. Creepy.

Quoting a post regarding a technology I’d be really interested to see used:
For the past few months I have been working on a tool to search for missing people by locating their keys and would like to ask the community to assist in building a list of cases that meet a criteria to search using our prototype.

Since 1995, car manufactures have installed immobilizers that require transponder keys.
ybHerbj.jpg

A transponder key is a key with a “microchip” or a transponder built into the plastic head of the key. When the original key is inserted and turned to the ON position. The antenna ring around the ignition sends a wireless signal to the transponder key. Once the transponder key receives the electronic message it will send a radio frequency back to the antenna ring. The antenna ring receives the appropriate code in return. It will then proceed to send that code to the vehicles Engine Control Unit (ECU). If the code matches on the ECU's memory, it will disable the vehicle’s immobilizer, allowing the vehicle to start. Transponder keys DO NOT REQUIRE BATTERIES!

The prototype is capable of detecting in a 200+ft radios, the presence of a transponder key and triangulates the location using a drone. In our controlled tests, we have been able to locate 100% positivity the location of a key with no false detection's. If we are given access to the vehicle or given the digital identity code/serial number from a manufacture, we can detect the presence of only one key. In urban area's, there can be 100+k transponder keys, searching for only one digital identity code/serial number, makes the detection precise in locating one missing key out of thousands in the area. The next few months, my goal is to do more tests to the increase range and streamline the triangulation process.

If you know of a missing person case that meets this criteria;
High likelihood to possess a transponder key
1995 or newer vehicle with make and model
Missing in a non urban area (unless we are allowed limited access to vehicle to acquire the digital identity code )
Located in the U.S. mainland.
We would like to create a travel plan, visiting 80-90 locations during a 6 to 8 month period, with the hopes of having a 5-10% minimum success rate of locating the owner with the keys. At some point, when we feel that the method is documented and streamlined to be a effective tool, we will be donating as many as we can to local SAR'S teams and private search organizations throughout the country.

I am hoping that the Websleuths community could help us create a list so we can focus our efforts on perfecting the prototype.

Okay, sorry that was a long quote. But it got me wondering if keys are coded for the VIN: if a key with a transponder is found with a body, can the VIN be decoded somehow?

Remains found in unincorporated Weld County in 2018 have been identified as a missing Aurora man, the Weld County Sheriff's Office announced Monday.
[...]
On November 22, 2022, the sheriff's office received a report that identified the remains as possibly belonging to Douglas Wayne Jackson, a missing person from Aurora. Detectives contacted Jackson's sister and compared her DNA with the DNA samples.

The results confirmed that the remains belonged to Jackson, the sheriff's office said Monday.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back