Identified! CO - Fort Lupton, WhtMale 45-65, UP58690, "CO Div of Water Resources" hat, wallet, rubber chicken, Toyota key, Dec'18 - Douglas Wayne Jackson

Completely trivial, but the stone heart is made from snowflake obsidian, which if you're talking about superstitions attributed to rocks, is meant to give grounding, balance, and harmony with the dark side of your nature. He, or the person who gave it to him, could have believed in that and given it to him to help him with things like adversity, sobriety, or mental health.

Sleep well, Douglas.

There's several other local news articles with basically the same sparse information. It's not clear when Mr. Jackson went missing, or if he was ever reported as a missing person anywhere. RIP.
He wasn't reported missing that I can find (I have almost all of the hard copies of missing persons from Colorado)

Here is a look at the timeline of the investigation from the sheriff’s office:

• Dec. 7, 2018: Human remains found west of Fort Lupton
  • July 23, 2020: Photographs of personal items found with “John Doe” were released, along with an artistic reconstruction of his face
  • March 26, 2021: The sheriff’s office submitted some of the man’s remains to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation and the CBI obtained DNA from the remains. The DNA was sent to Parabon Nanolabs to get forensic genetic genealogy
  • Nov. 22, 2022: The sheriff’s office received the report from Parabon Nanolabs that the human remain

It seems reasonable. Last seen in March 2016.

View attachment 399104
Wow, that's a great resemblance. The ears are different, but they're so often a complete guess with anything other than very recently deceased persons. I can see a lot that's subtly or not so subtly different in the individual features, but somehow, it still really looks like him. Kudos to the sculptor.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stupot77
Back