Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hare didn't think the Tortouse was a threat. MOO

Fair enough.

I choose to remain optimistic that justice will be served piping hot, for the evil injustice done to Gannon and his family.

I have been impressed with the DA's professional, dedicated, determined attitude, when it comes to the integrity of this case, as well as upholding the letter of the law.

TS is a sloppy, lazy woman, and left so much verbal, physical and digital evidence, it took what, 18 pages of witnesses and over 107 search warrants to document it all.

The defense in this case, literally does not have a credible leg to stand on.

Of course all this is "jmo" (except the witnesses and warrants) but I'm choosing to hope and believe the People of the State of Colorado (and the rest of decent humanity) will make an example out of this child killer.

moo :cool:

If you look up "vape shops in Colorado" online, you'll see many listing glass pipes as products they carry. Apparently there are multiple types of glass pipes of different shapes. Certain shapes are for marijuana, others are for crack, others are for meth. Don't know why a Vapor Source shop is on the witness list, but I sure am curious what may have been bought there. JMO
Such as in the Frazee case, could it be as simple as their camera footage caught her driving by? Even driving by more than once.

Fair enough.

I choose to remain optimistic that justice will be served piping hot, for the evil injustice done to Gannon and his family.

I have been impressed with the DA's professional, dedicated, determined attitude, when it comes to the integrity of this case, as well as upholding the letter of the law.

TS is a sloppy, lazy woman, and left so much verbal, physical and digital evidence, it took what, 18 pages of witnesses and over 107 search warrants to document it all.

Of course all this is "jmo" (except the witnesses and warrants) but I'm choosing to hope and believe the People of the State of Colorado (and the rest of decent humanity) will make an example out of this child killer.

My word this is an excellent comment:

"TS is a sloppy, lazy woman, and left so much verbal, physical and digital evidence, it took what, 18 pages of witnesses and over 107 search warrants to document it all."

It’s a matter of public record, so you couldn’t make a deal that keeps evidence a secret.

Watts wanted certain medical records kept sealed, and the prosecution wanted the autopsy results sealed for a period of time (They were eventually unsealed).

This was so further toxicology tests could be performed.

ETA: The defense wanting the affidavit sealed, seems to be pretty common. They are always worried about the jury pool being tainted.
@MassGuy Your wealth of knowledge always comes through :)

It’s going to be very interesting to see what the defense has planned. I don’t know anything yet about Strobel (the one coughing) but Kim Chalmers (the blond blocking our view of TS) is not new to defending murderers. She got this guy a not guilty on 2nd degree murder charges in 2010. Not that this case compares at all in regards to evidence JMO.
Lack of blood implicates man who put father's body in trash
I haven't had time to look up either of them, so thank you for this link.

I had wondered at first if she left him alive and that's why she kept saying he would be back. To me that's so cruel, I tried to get away from it. But, oh my gosh, you got me thinking again. What if that's the real reason she rented the car? To go look for him in a vehicle he wouldn't recognize? That part of what she said would be true. She returned in the rental and found he had passed, put his body in the trunk and moved him, hid the body. The cadaver dogs picked up the scent in the trunk of the car and that's how LE is sure he's passed (murdered)? Speculation 100% and I don't like it, but, what if?? Moo

I don't like it either, but all along, this is where my mind has gone. Not sure why, but the "died in the truck" theory has flaws (although it's still possible of course).

"It was an accident, not a tragedy" (translates: I didn't actually kill him with a gun or brute force).

I do think she may have overdosed him with a laxative (and if epsom salts, he could have been almost unconscious and it certainly could have killed him if in a high dose).

Cadaver would have given off products of decomp by Tuesday afternoon, I think. Hard to say - temperature is part of it. So if she went out there Tuesday night in the rental car (or Wednesday morning, when she still had it and could have said she was going to drop it off). Certainly by Tuesday evening, there's no chance she could have still been moving the body without the rental car being a source for cadaverine.

But I'm guessing LE went after the red truck and the other two vehicles associated with the house first - and I don't think that happened until about Wednesday. Not sure when they found out about the rental car (probably from AS on Tuesday, he had to think it was weird and in any case, LE would have questioned him closely about LS's doings on Monday and Tuesday).

I am not an attorney, however,
I have followed other cases where the arrested suspect pleads guilty and we do not get to see the AA or any of the sealed docs.
A trial however, when the suspect pleads NOT guilty, at that point during the trial, if not before, we will see the sealed documents, including the AA.
So it is possible in exchange for a guilty plea and location of the body?

I didn't make myself clear in my post. Please bare with me. I am desperate for a bargaining chip ... something to exchange for revealing Gannon's location.

Seeing her ducking the camera at the hearing instilled hope of her need to avoid further humiliation.

I have 2 questions:

1. Is it common for the defense to request the AA to remain sealed?

2. Could keeping it sealed ever be part of a deal for the location of the body?

I recall documents remaining sealed as part of Chris Watt's deal. My thought is if the AA contains information that TS might want permanently sealed, in exchange for body's location.

I can't say if it's common, but I have followed cases before where it's happened.
I kind of expected it in this case too.
Defense does this because they know, from their client, there WILL be info revealed that will be quite damning.

I can't say about the other part of your question, since the laws are worded differently state/state and province/province.
However, I would venture to guess that yes, in some cases it might be for that very purpose.
In this case however, I don't know if it could be used for that reason, since I don't know if there's any way you can "deal" out of M.1 in Colorado.
I hope the answer to that is a hard NO.

jmo

I don't like it either, but all along, this is where my mind has gone. Not sure why, but the "died in the truck" theory has flaws (although it's still possible of course).

"It was an accident, not a tragedy" (translates: I didn't actually kill him with a gun or brute force).

I do think she may have overdosed him with a laxative (and if epsom salts, he could have been almost unconscious and it certainly could have killed him if in a high dose).

Cadaver would have given off products of decomp by Tuesday afternoon, I think. Hard to say - temperature is part of it. So if she went out there Tuesday night in the rental car (or Wednesday morning, when she still had it and could have said she was going to drop it off). Certainly by Tuesday evening, there's no chance she could have still been moving the body without the rental car being a source for cadaverine.

But I'm guessing LE went after the red truck and the other two vehicles associated with the house first - and I don't think that happened until about Wednesday. Not sure when they found out about the rental car (probably from AS on Tuesday, he had to think it was weird and in any case, LE would have questioned him closely about LS's doings on Monday and Tuesday).
bbm
I was thinking it took longer than that ?
But to a well-trained HRD dog maybe not.

Fair enough.

@Ontario Mom I couldn't have written this any better. Good post!

A post concerning to me raised the possibility of a high profile attorney stepping in to defend this case. I would not like that at all. My hope rests on the exact points you covered. What are possibilities of this happening in this case?

Last edited:
I can't say if it's common, but I have followed cases before where it's happened.
Defense does this because they know, from their client, there WILL be info revealed that will be quite damning.

I can't say about the other part of your question, since the laws are worded differently state/state and province/province.
However, I would venture to guess that yes, in some cases it might be for that very purpose.
In this case however, I don't know if it could be used for that reason, since I don't know if there's any way you can "deal" out of M.1 in Colorado.

jmo

I think one of the factors is that the defense team (apparently consisting of only two people) needs time to review what's in it. They wouldn't have had their hands on it until she was arraigned in CO. Now they are her official attorneys of record in a Felony I case, and they need time to review all the documents and to confer both with each other, but also with the prosecution and their client.

It won't stay sealed forever.

Some of our veteran WSers will know more about plea deals in Colorado.

IMHO really good theory. Explains a lot.
MOO possibly she angrily dropped him off somewhere, (MOO near Marksheffel.)
When she returned he was dead or gone. Hid him or tried to find him.
Came back next day with rental. Found him covered him better where he was or took him elsewhere, drove around excessively both days.

MOO personally, I often think he is down in the Jimmy Creek wash where he went to get off the road and was trying to get to the Army Reserve post to find his Dad.

jmo
Just to be clear, the only deal from me would be to keep everything damming sealed in exchange for a guilty plea and/or the location of the body. Well, maybe the possibility of parole when she is 99. :p:D

@Ontario Mom I couldn't have written this any better. Good post!

A post concerning to me raised the possibility of a high profile attorney stepping in to defend this case. I would not like that at all. My hope rests on the exact points you covered. What are possibilities of this happening in this case?
I honestly couldn't say.
Fame seekers are creepy, and say and do creepy and unexpected things.

jmo

I think one of the factors is that the defense team (apparently consisting of only two people) needs time to review what's in it. They wouldn't have had their hands on it until she was arraigned in CO. Now they are her official attorneys of record in a Felony I case, and they need time to review all the documents and to confer both with each other, but also with the prosecution and their client.

It won't stay sealed forever.

Some of our veteran WSers will know more about plea deals in Colorado.
Agreed - they'd want it sealed so they have time to plan their defense around the state's evidence - and they wouldn't want anyone to know what that was.
I mean, if I was a defense lawyer, I'd do exactly the same thing.
As for the rest I have to defer to the legal experts here.

When I watched the tribute video the church posted of Gannon and family I realized the biggest thing T had against G: His father REALLY loved him and gave him a lot of attention, and G reminded T of Al’s relationship with Landen. As long as G was around that would always be a big part of his life and so would Landen. Animosity probably built by the day.
I think this is going to be key, and we will see this come up in the trial.

Wow. I can't speak to the likelihood, but I certainly hope it doesn't result in another travesty of justice. MOO
Gannon is my hero! MOO We will all have that tiny fear, but there are quite a few differences in favor of this case bringing justice, biggest one to begin w/ was LE wasn’t even alerted until weeks after the disappearance. IIRC That changes a lot of things...also, I expect the CAnthony case has been incorporated into law school text books/lectures, etc...I see further proof that similar cases to Gannon’s have been scrutinized in order to ensure Justice for Gannon in the slow methodical accumulation of evidence.MOO
DBM

Last edited:
Perhaps y'all have moved on, I'll be able3 to catch up shortly. But why is anyone even discussing a plea when the prosecution is not entertaining the idea? If they are confident in going to trial, I'm cheering them on! Nail her eyebrows to the wall!

JUSTICE FOR GANNON STAUCH!e

P.S. ALso, if they're ok with unsealing, why are some people saying not to?
I'm sorry if I sound snippy, I've no intentions of that I'm just rushing bc I'm out of time, but back soon! Come onnnmn bectime!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici