Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spencer Wilson[URL='https://twitter.com/Spencer_WNews']@Spencer_WNews[/URL]

We're about to get today's court appearance for #LeteciaStauch started, expecting to talk about the results from her second mental evaluation. I'll thread here what we learn.

2nd mental evaluation scheduled for the woman suspected of killing Gannon Stauch
A second mental evaluation has been scheduled for the woman suspected of killing Gannon Stauch.
kktv.com

7:57 AM · Jan 19, 2021

Replying to
@Spencer_WNews
Doing today's meeting from a video call because of COVID-19 restrictions. Can't post any pictures, audio, or video from that, so it will just be my notes. Right now we have a video view of #LeteciaStauch waiting to be let into the courtroom in handcuffs.

8:01 AM · Jan 19, 2021

Replying to
@Spencer_WNews
BREAKING: Second evaluation says that #LeteciaStauch is competent to proceed with the case, just like the first evaluation found. Now planning the next steps for a case, but Stauch is now trying to have a conflict hearing issued.

8:04 AM · Jan 19, 2021·

Replying to
@Spencer_WNews
Court agrees that #LeteciaStauch is competent, trying to tie her criminal cases together to knock these out for initial steps. Next steps in March,
@4thJudicialDA
says they will need to bring in people all over the country to talk to. Defense agrees they need more time.

8:07 AM · Jan 19, 2021·

Replying to
@Spencer_WNews
Next court date set for March 11th and 12th starting at 8:30 for proof evident presumption, or initial steps for those criminal charges. Sounds like we've made it past a lot of the hold ups, the case is moving forward after months of slowdowns.

8:09 AM · Jan 19, 2021·

Replying to
@Spencer_WNews
Judge says #LeteciaStauch's request for a different attorney will be closed to the public, and
@4thJudicialDA
will not be privy to whatever happens in there. They will figure that part out on their own.

8:10 AM · Jan 19, 2021·

Replying to
@Spencer_WNews
Interesting,
@4thJudicialDA
says
@EPCSheriff
had issued a request for additional security after her second mental evaluation, judge simply says "I...I understand what you are saying." I'll be asking for some background on that.

8:12 AM · Jan 19, 2021

Replying to
@Spencer_WNews
That's that for the meeting, next steps in March, and we will keep a close eye on if #LeteciaStauch's defense attorney will end up switching out on request of Stauch. I'll see what I can details-wise, and bring it to you tonight on
@KKTV11News

8:13 AM · Jan 19, 2021·

What in the world is that about?
Unlike LS's first evaluation that was conducted in the hospital (inpatient custody), the second evaluation was completed at the EPC jail. I have no doubt that LS played to both the jail camera and her evaluator during this time which probably did not play well with her fellow inmates. I would not be surprised if there were outside threats too.

There are some good reporters on this case, and I'm sure we will learn more about this statement by the EPC Sheriff.

MOO

Thank you. I can hardly believe she actually wrote this: I used to supervise both female and male inmate work crews. I always cringed when the inmates were shackled. The handcuffing didn’t bother me so much. The shackles served to remind me no matter how the individual personality affected me, these were still inmates in a correctional facility. And there for good reason. If she was injured during transport - it was her own damn fault!
From your link:

In the letter dated Aug. 12, Stauch claims she received threats in her food and has been abused at least 15 times while being transported. She says she suffered injured ribs, bumps to her head, cut ankles and wrists, and the loss of sensation in her hands.

“I’ve proven myself as a responsible citizen and should not be subjected to the cruel punishment that I receive at CJC,” Stauch wrote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adayinthelifeofasd