Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #50

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by imstilla.grandma, Jan 28, 2020.

1. ChatteringBirds

ChatteringBirds Well-Known Member

10ofRods, Alcina, Gibbo214 and 19 others like this.

2. Error505

Error505 Well-Known Member

fcavanaugh likes this.
  3. Error505

Dumb question but I’m no attorney, so asking because I have no legal experience. But does a Defense attorney have an obligation to the courts to present a “plausible defense” based on evidence to suggest their version of a defense could have happened. Hope that’s not too convoluted to understand. Having trouble getting my thoughts conveyed sometimes. Lol. I also am glad she’s been appointed counsel again. It’ll go much smoother and she can’t turn it into a circus as easily. MOO

4. Algo214

Algo214 Well-Known Member

I'm gonna answer the reverse implied question: we cannot bring upon a defense based on lies, specially if they would constitute alleging someone else committed a crime.
    If we use the "that other dude did it" defense, we better come prepared to at least raise reasonable doubt about their participation.

5. Error505

Thank you. Perfectly explained and makes much more sense than my garbled mess! So glad to have your input.

6. MoeInVA

MoeInVA Well-Known Member

When everyone else says just PLEA,
    Come to me, I’ll take your MONEY.
    ;)
    (forgive me, I had to)

wyome, fcavanaugh, Error505 and 4 others like this.
  7. rocket

rocket Pluviophile Taphophile

When does her trial start? TIA.

fcavanaugh and Error505 like this.
  8. Pianoturtle

Pianoturtle Well-Known Member

It’s not scheduled yet. The preliminary hearing just got pushed back for the 4th (?) time.

9. altojack

altojack Well-Known Member

Her trial can't come quick enough for me. Vile and disgusting woman.

10. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

Her preliminary hearings will be heard on 9/9 & 9/10/21 @ 9am MT.

11. JDough

JDough Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness. This is taking so long. I can't help but think she is trying to avoid the inevitable by delaying at every opportunity. I truly feel for his parents. This must be maddening for them.

12. Pianoturtle

Pianoturtle Well-Known Member

oh I definitely think she is. The first prelim last June was delayed for her competency eval. (And her PDs said they hadn’t had enough time due to the amount of discovery and Covid.) Then, just before the March prelim, she decided to represent herself. 3 weeks before the May prelim, she decides she wants a lawyer. All the chaos with the lawyers has been nothing but a stall tactic, IMO.

13. Error505

The Defense has their work cutout for them. TS is a mess to say the least. I look for her to continue to give the state more to work with and for her to give her attorney more fires to put out, figuratively speaking. Wonder how her peanut butter messages are fairing lately. TS should just please guilty, imho. It won’t happen though.

14. Kiranerys

Kiranerys #LiveLikeLizzy

Trouble is, I think she may have managed to convince herself that she isn't! She's been scheming for so long now she doesn't know which way is up!

Error505, La Louve, JDough and 10 others like this.
  15. nyvictoria

nyvictoria Well-Known Member

I’m always comparing Leticia to Jodi Arias. They’re both completely self-absorbed and blissfully unaware of how badly they present to normal people. So many similarities but IMO Arias has a slight edge in the brains department. I was thinking about Leticia’s feeble escape plan and her assault of a guard during transport. (Why haven’t we seen charges for that??) I’m sure the court will be concerned about those attempts and Leticia may be required to wear a stun device on her leg, similar to the one Arias had to wear during her trial. Arias was smart enough to know she wouldn’t be able to get away with an escape attempt. Leticia not so much. That could get interesting because I think she will attempt another escape during her trial.

Alcina, LoveyG, Error505 and 15 others like this.
  16. Megnut

Megnut Well-Known Member

Did Tecia ever make it into the prison library, even once?

I rather figure she'd only want to go in there to see if it had a window she could birth herself through.

JMO

10ofRods, dms, Murphy1950 and 18 others like this.
  17. Kiranerys

Kiranerys #LiveLikeLizzy

My money is on some kind of fake illness, passing out etc in court!

18. NCWatcher

NCWatcher Well-Known Member

BBM

I suspect we haven't seen charges for the escape attempt on the way to Colorado and probably never will because charges would have to be filed in Kansas where the crime occurred. No one is going to send her to Kansas to be tried. The only way that would ever happen is if she gets off in Colorado and I can't see that happening.

JMO

19. girlhasnoname

girlhasnoname Well-Known Member

As I plan to celebrate the upcoming holidays with kids the same age as Gannon, I'm reminded of just how horrible and sad his death was. He was such a sweet kid by all accounts and his vids. Justice cannot come fast enough for him.

LS is going down, but I can bet the courtroom theatrics will be beyond compare. I hope the Judge is prepared and keeps control of her.

MOO

20. Tealgrove

Tealgrove Gannon is my hero!

I think the Judge is well aware of what he’s dealing with and I sense he won’t put up with her antics.

This trial can’t come soon enough. Let’s get Tee into the Big House for the rest of her life.

She is evil personified.

MOO