Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's no easy task to cut out a section of concrete flooring. I don't think anything is cut out, I think that's just some lumber laying on the floor.

jmo
I imagine it would make a mess and a lot of noise to cut through flooring like that. Either way, LE has found evidence in plenty of cases on garage floors and I don't think they needed to cut it out to remove it.
For example, in Holly Bobo's case there are pictures of the blood evidence in the garage with yellow markers. They can still take DNA samples and examine blood splatter without removing the floor. Jmo

Last edited:
Since we’re spinning wheels here, shall we discuss Gannon’s “sick” stomach? There was a little bit of discussion in Thread #9 that LS has given him Miralax. Here are the details on the drug, including what one might take it for and what side effects might occur:

Drugs & Medications

I personally would assume it was given for constipation, and I find it odd that he would be so constipated that he would need a laxative at his age. I know it can happen; I just think it’s odd. I also wonder if the constipation was a result of the other “meds” we have read that he takes, and I wonder if his other meds could cause an interaction or reaction as WebMD indicates is possible.

All JMO- sorry for the potentially unpleasant topic, but my wheels are spinning...

Please come home, Gannon!

MOO - Constipation can be a side effect of severe stress and anxiety - your digestive system is very sensitive to emotions. Personal note: I was a very abused child and as a teen was diagnosed with spastic colon. The pain was the worst after an 'incident'. Our family doctor prescribed more fiber, as he had no idea what was going on in our home. After I left for college - 'magically' the problem disappeared and I never had it again. My sister developed trichtillomania. After she left home, she stopped. Coping mechanisms. Trauma experiences comes out in many ways.

I passed a dump next to the sante Fe hiking trail right outside of monument on 105 headed toward Palmer lake.
This. Yep. I think this is what my hubby went to. I just asked him and he said it was "that highway" (I am guessing he is talking 105) and it was by the train tracks he said.
But he said you go in and they weigh your vehicle, and then you drive to the bins. It is actually a transfer station he said. It would be a lot of eyes seeing her I would think, so I don't think that would be the best choice for her?

When you write a couple of paragraphs examining a certain statement comparing it to what you know from working with abusers and RSO's only to realise your probably gonna get redacted for 'sleuthing' someone so delete it all.
I don't know about the US but there is a noticable insurance premium hike if you park on the street instead of off Rd. No idea if tht applies over there.

Wooden boards on the floor I suspect have always been there. My uncle and granda always had boards down for doing any work in the garage. Less chance of slipping or damaging goods when fixing stuff or damaging /staining floor since its a rental. . But who knows.

Last edited:
I didn’t realize there was no snow on the ground there, that day. Good to know. Was there a snow soon after this day?

Another thing that puzzles me based on your description, is if a body was dumped here, and there was such visibility from roads or houses...wouldn’t animal wild life activity attract attention, or smells?

I’m wondering if some kind of container or bag was used for concealment.

Thank you for continuing to be our local eyes and ears. Much appreciated.

Hoping today is the day.
We got snow the night he went missing.

A couple of odd things about LS's last statement (given to Fox31):

She makes her mention of the person that might have been with Gannon gender-neutral. She says she gave a description to LE on "day one" but does not give the public even a shred of a clue to help locate this person (and Gannon). No age, no gender, nothing. Since he was going out to play at a friend's house in Story 1, I end up imagining he was with another kid, but if it was an adult and the police say "no evidence of abduction" what could that mean? (Other than that she's lying?)

She normalizes "crazy" behavior ("We all have engaged in something crazy online at some point but Gannon would want everyone to get along and to focus on finding him.") In the current context, the "crazy" stuff she's done to Gannon's mom requires an apology. She apparently doesn't realize that, this is as close as she's going to get to saying "Oops, I ought not to have done that."

I am at a loss, once again, in understanding why she includes both the "Albert's tools cut Gannon's foot" incident but especially Gannon keeps going to the gate afterward. Why is this a detail she thinks will help find Gannon? She says the investigation is going on a long time and now she needs to release details, but why this one? She appears to mean that this happens Saturday night. Why would Gannon keep going to the gate on Saturday night and how is this related to the cut on his foot? There's such a missing piece of explanation there, that it almost sounds like a disconnect in her thinking. Is she just trying to find yet another way to imply that Gannon ran away?

"Last, from day one the Sheriff's office has known a description of the person/friend whom Gannon left with."

She implies of course that she gave the description. How odd that she didn't include that information in her initial 911 call (which might have triggered an Amber Alert if the police thought it was an abduction. She implies she knew when he left through that remark and that while the person was a friend to Gannon, she didn't know this person very well.
Maybe she was trying to explain things that happened that stuck out in her mind. It'd been days before that interview that she was trying to "remember".

Later in the statement she implies that it was a "he," possibly sent by someone else.

"Last they have more in-depth details that go along with this pointing to who sent the person or why he may have come."

My best guess is that she's trying to imply that maybe LH sent a mystery man to abduct Gannon. Her pointing the finger at LH seems to be a pattern that's gone on for years.
Oh wow, good catch. I didn't notice that. I thought she said 'they' or 'them.'
So apparently she has good reason to think the person who picked him up is a 'he,' or wants others to think so. Jmo

Later in the statement she implies that it was a "he," possibly sent by someone else.

"Last they have more in-depth details that go along with this pointing to who sent the person or why he may have come."

My best guess is that she's trying to imply that maybe LH sent a mystery man to abduct Gannon. Her pointing the finger at LH seems to be a pattern that's gone on for years.

Odd that both LH and the mystery man would know that Gannon was gong to be stepping out right then. (That's why she asks for our help in locating suspicious cars). If you're right, then she evolved the story from "runaway, don't know which friend's house" to "a man." If she saw this man and could give a description to LE, why didn't LE ask for help in finding that man?

She should also know whether this man was a friend or a stranger, since she says she can describe him (although she doesn't). If she's just making wild guesses (didn't see anything, Gannon snuck out the gate), why does she think there's such a person?

This. Yep. I think this is what my hubby went to. I just asked him and he said it was "that highway" (I am guessing he is talking 105) and it was by the train tracks he said.
But he said you go in and they weigh your vehicle, and then you drive to the bins. It is actually a transfer station he said. It would be a lot of eyes seeing her I would think, so I don't think that would be the best choice for her?
No because if he was in a large refuse sack, it would look perfectly normal

BBM - this makes sense to me, too, and may even be more plausible than my speculations.
LE have said that the timeline needs to be looked at. They know, I'm sure.
We don't know what they know and LS doesn't know how much they know. However, IMO, she believes every bit of cr@p that she has either made up in her own head or said out loud.

Interesting ideas!

Thankfully RD would have that little trip on video too, if it happened. And know which vehicle was used, etc.

I kinda have a feeling we'd have learned in her statement about an innocent cigarette run in the middle of the night though, if there were indeed a trip that night....?

MOO

It's not just a random thing," said former agent Pete Klismet. "With some basis of knowledge from prior cases, somebody has told them something about the specific or general location up there where they may want to look and they may find something."

El Paso County Sheriff's Office has received 555 tips so far, but no person of interest or suspect has been named. People's online rumors and theories have accused the stepmother of being involved in Gannon's disappearance.

People in Facebook groups have also questioned why deputies have not arrested anyone yet. But Klismet says an arrest "doesn't mean a whole lot because they need to have enough information to convict somebody."

...snipped...

Spokesperson Jacqueline Kirby with EPCSO says no public volunteers are being used for the search in the Larkspur area. Klismet says that is probably because investigators have "specific information."

"They don't want volunteers who are untrained and don't know how to handle evidence and don't know what to do if they find evidence," he said.

Kirby says they will continue to investigate the Larkspur area before extreme weather conditions arrive.
I'm so sorry for the repeat. I just got to my computer and posted this article but a lot later than you and @Momof4RN . You did a comprehensive job of dissecting the article. Thanks.

When you right a couple of paragraphs examining a certain statement comparing it to what you know from working with abusers and RSO's only to realise your probably gonna get redacted for 'sleuthing' someone so delete it all.
I don't know about the US but there is a noticable insurance premium hike if you park on the street instead of off Rd. No idea if tht applies over there.

Wooden boards on the floor I suspect have always been there. My uncle and granda always had boards down for doing any work in the garage. Less chance of slipping or damaging goods when fixing stuff or damaging /staining floor since its a rental. . But who knows.
It was stated that AS did woodworking and built LS flowerpot.... Maybe wood is there for that .

I also found this very interesting (bottom of article):
“His youth pastor and others who know him described the boy as sweet and kindhearted with an independent streak.”

independent streak? I hope it didn’t push Ls over the edge. Her interview is creepy and unnatural.
just asa frame of reference on the use of that word “independent”... my now 14 yr old SS, at age 10 almost 11 that summer, went to his fishing hole, met up with 2 Unknown brothers, 15, 16–old enough to know better-and they all jumped in the car and drove 45 minutes from home. So, that streak is real.
Edit-too long and irrelevant

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members