Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
In total agreement here! And, she wasn’t lollipop-gagging either. Can anyone tell me which way truck was facing in street and then when leaving driveway? TIA

Good question - I've wondered this as well. My street is a deadend, very narrow and there are drainage ditches instead of sidewalks. My neighbors often park their very large pickup truck on the street, facing the dead end. They usually back into their driveway to turn the vehicle around instead of trying to do a risky tight u-turn in the street.

If they're going somewhere and need to load the truck, they back it into the driveway instead of carrying gear out to the street.

This case is starting to worry me. I hope it's not a repeat of Kyle Horman.

Gannon Stauch case: Search continues for missing 11-year-old boy in Douglas County
Gannon Stauch case: Search continues for missing boy in Douglas County
El Paso County Sheriff’s Office: “Our hope is to find him alive and bring him to his family”

By Kirk Mitchell | kmitchell@denverpost.com | The Denver Post
February 17, 2020 at 10:47 a.m.

The search for a missing 11-year-old Colorado Springs boy in southern Douglas County continues Monday as law enforcement agents scour a 35-acre area for clues about his disappearance, sheriff’s officials said.

Gannon-Stauch.jpg

National Center for Missing and Exploited Children via AP
Gannon Stauch
The search for Gannon Stauch, who has been missing from his home since Jan. 27, will continue
for the sixth straight day, said Jacqueline Kirby, spokeswoman for the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office.

“Our hope is to find him alive and bring him to his family and we’re going to keep searching until we find otherwise,” Kirby said Monday morning.

Since the sheriff’s office received a tip, scores of people have searched 35 acres on private and public land in southern Douglas County beginning on Wednesday and continuing every day since then, she said.

Kirby declined to discuss the nature of the tip leading to the Douglas County search.
snipped

Gannon Stauch case: Search continues for missing 11-year-old boy in Douglas County

What can this tip be after so long???

The search for a missing 11-year-old Colorado Springs boy in southern Douglas County continues Monday as law enforcement agents scour a 35-acre area for clues about his disappearance, sheriff’s officials said.

Gannon-Stauch.jpg

National Center for Missing and Exploited Children via AP
Gannon Stauch
The search for Gannon Stauch, who has been missing from his home since Jan. 27, will continue for the sixth straight day, said Jacqueline Kirby, spokeswoman for the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office.Colorado Springs on Twitter

I think it's super strange she moved the car to the driveway to pick him up. IMO It's almost like he was in too much pain to walk to the street of the car, and when he drops something he doesnt reach to get it. If I park my car in the street, my kids just walk to the car, only times I ever backed in the driveway was for bad weather.
I think she backed into the driveway the way she did, so that no one would see the condition he was in, as he walked to the truck. Aside from staying home from school because he was "sick", I think there was something very noticeably wrong with him that morning, and she didn't want anyone seeing him. The neighbor's surveillance cam is something she didn't factor into her plans that day.

jmo

I lived down the street from Monument Lake. Always someone there, and usually many people there. But it is beautiful.
Honestly, I think she would have a better chance of just driving down a random road in the general area they are looking and walking a bit from the road. At least in her mind. I don't think she accounted for the fact that neighbors notice vehicles that they don't recognize, and there are probably plenty of security cameras on any homes, possibly even trail cams. And I know people that I know here were all checking back to that date to see if any of us saw a red truck on any of our cameras.

I think bodies are often found close to a road. Because the perp is in a hurry to get rid of the evidence.
Yes and the fact that it would be much easier to handle pulling a 90 lb boy out of a seat with arms wrapped around under his arms and dragging him over to a ditch or over to a deep drop beside the road and then just get back in and drive off.

Hmm. Something seems to be happening today. On my drive to the search area, I saw three different search teams at three different areas on 105 between Fox Farm Road and the staging area.

When I got to the search site, they had traffic stopped just north of the second curve if you’re heading north, north of the entrance to Sierra pines. They’re only letting traffic through in one lane all the way through the S curves. A lot of folks were standing by the side of the road sifting dirt/snow near where that weird fabric fence is.

I’m not caught up so apologies if this has already been reported by one of the TV crews.

It feels like something might break today.

I’m in Palmer lake now, about to head back through the search area. I’ll update again when I get home if I notice anything else that might be useful.

Not a local but there's a saying "bloat and float". IMO, in most cases, bodies are going to surface, eventually.

I believe it depends on the temperature of the water and the potential pressure that puts on a body to stay down (if the water temp is cold enough). This fall a couple of friends drowned here in Seattle in Lake Washington and they were found weeks later on the floor of the lake by sonar from a remote operated vehicle that was specifically looking for them. I think the water temp was around 38-40F degrees. That also keeps a body from decomposing though which would preserve some evidence potentially?

I really don’t like thinking of this for Gannon.

This case is the first thing I look up when I wake up and the last thing before I go to bed. And throughout the day. On Twitter and Google and Reddit and here - about 20 saved links. Each day I wonder more and more if this will turn into a cold case and they'll find nothing, no evidence and no traces. Why *shouldn't* we worry about that - any evidence to the contrary?

MOO - I think she probably pretended to find his phone in the intial hours and was like..." Oh look what I've found.... see yes he's def run away just as I said!!! And I pinky swear all I was doing was looking to see who he called once I saw he'd left his phone behind and I ACCIDENTLY looked up his search history"!!!!!! Or something like that!!
I’d be very curious to know what the history on Gannon’s phone shows for the preceding 24 hours before he was missing. Something tells me he was not in possession of his phone well before he went “missing.”

This case is the first thing I look up when I wake up and the last thing before I go to bed. And throughout the day. On Twitter and Google and Reddit and here. Each day I wonder more and more if this will turn into a cold case and they'll find nothing, no evidence and no traces. Why *shouldn't* we worry about that - any evidence to the contrary?
Me too.

Hmm. Something seems to be happening today. On my drive to the search area, I saw three different search teams at three different areas on 105 between Fox Farm Road and the staging area.

When I got to the search site, they had traffic stopped just north of the second curve if you’re heading north, north of the entrance to Sierra pines. They’re only letting traffic through in one lane all the way through the S curves. A lot of folks were standing by the side of the road sifting dirt/snow near where that weird fabric fence is.

I’m not caught up so apologies if this has already been reported by one of the TV crews.

I’m in Palmer lake now, about to head back through the search area. I’ll update again when I get home if I notice anything else that might be useful.
Thank you for your continued updates, they are so appreciated.

Thank you for updating! I can't get over there this morning because of work, so I really do appreciate your updates!

MOO: Marshall's
I imagine it went something like this:
Ms. S hi, I'm with EPCSO and...
TS: *sees pistol, holstered on hip*OMG! \rant ensued\

I missed something, perhaps very early on. Where did constipation come in to play?
I encourage anyone to research Miralax and if the info bothers you, Senokot is a fantastic, equally effective alternative. I have Crohn's disease.

I pray for answers soon. I spent the morning at the Dr for a post op check up and was checking in here while there. My heart just hurts for his real family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twinkme