Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing to be gained by demeaning a biological parent in a missing child case. The priority should always be the missing child - not how social media is attacking or feeling pressured to explain or excuse one's action.
IMO there's no need to do such an awful thing unless it's highly sensitive in her mind.

It's always about the child and no one else IMO! MOO.

(Bold and Italics by me)...You are SO right! It is ABOUT GANNON! Not about SM/LS/TS!

I live in Colorado Springs and watched all the local news at 5, 6 and 9:00. Apparently none of them had reporters at the search site today.

KRDO 13 teased a segment coming up at 10:00 where they talk to a FORMER FBI investigator. Also, they said LE was in the Stauch neighborhood today.

Coming up in 10 minutes. It’s 9:49 MST now.
Live Newscasts - KRDO

EDIT : They said LE was at the home FRIDAY not today. Sorry I misunderstood.

Last edited:
I wavered back and forth on that thought too, but just because it was planned beforehand wouldn't necessarily mean the entire process was planned or if it was, planned well.

Could the stories be stemming from paranoia at all?

Bingo...the story changed bcause LS got caught on camera leaving with Gannon and returning without him. The run away story no longer sticks. She was stuck...how does she explain this? Oh, he was abducted! And then alas! Discussion of the shadow of the truck and the idea that Gannon returned with LS at roughly 2 PM. Geez LS....make up your mind!

That’s something that has bothered me about this location since the search began. Of course any vehicle would be fine on Highway 105, a two-lane paved road.

But all side roads where they are searching are driveways to private homes. The homes are on large acreage (35-40 acres) but it seems risky to dump a body or evidence (or heaven forbid, commit a murder) in that area in the middle of the day. There might have been isolated spots that wouldn’t be seen from the highway or a house but you would have to be fully aware of every line of sight to your location.

To answer your question, either vehicle would have been fine on the highway or driveways that day since the weather was nice and.

af·fray
/əˈfrā/
noun
DATED•LAW
  1. an instance of fighting in a public place that disturbs the peace.
    "Lowe was charged with causing an affray"
If there was such a loud public scene, we would have heard a LOT about that IMO.
Thank you! I thought it was an abbreviation for some type of charge and couldn't figure out what it stood for. Silly me.

Last edited:
Okay, back from last drive by of the day.

The EPSCO mobile command unit and mobile cell tower are still at the staging area. No activity there or at the search site.

President’s Day would be a fine day for them to bring Gannon home.

You rock, @Silverheels ! I look forward to your updates more than the ones on Twitter. Thank you again!

Bingo...the story changed bcause LS got caught on camera leaving with Gannon and returning without him. The run away story no longer sticks. She was stuck...how does she explain this? Oh, he was abducted! And then alas! Discussion of the shadow of the truck and the idea that Gannon returned with LS at roughly 2 PM. Geez LS....make up your mind!
And the gate and the key and the blood from Gannon cutting his foot on tools laying around the garage and the mysterious car driving around in prior days and etc etc and so on...

I'm curious if the rising tip count coincides with searches done farther away from the home and/or the neighbor's surveillance footage that was released? I'm curious if it could have prompted others farther away to have a look at their security footage for either Gannon himself or vehicles that matched those belonging to the family?

Also wanted to note from the last closed thread. Not all of us back in our trucks for nefarious purposes. Backing into a street, especially with others parked on the street is tough in a truck. You can't really see what's coming until it's too late. It's also easier to make sharp turns backing in than it is pulling forward. I can back the 4 door long bed truck on a dime, but I'll take out the neighboring parked cars on both sides if I try to pull in. However, I absolutely believe that there was a real need for the truck to be backed in that day and I suspect it was due to limit the number of eyes seeing him getting in the truck. Maybe I'm wrong, but I honestly don't feel like someone who had overreacted and caused harm would be thinking about that in the moment, but rather it points to a whole lot of premeditation.

And thinking in those terms made me wonder what the area they were hiking in was like. Is there any possibility the terrain was harsh enough that an "accidental" fall could be written off as an unfortunate tragedy? Yuck, I don't like where my thinking is on the possibilities.

((Wow - just had all kinds of issues posting from my phone - ignore that weird moment lol.))

agree///Another reason some folks back-in to a parking spot is for safety reasons whether in a car or truck / any size vehicle. It is generally considered safer to back-in to park and then to pull out of your spot facing the street or parking lot as you can visually see potential hazards better that way. Especially in a neighborhood with kids and animals it can be a good idea? Perhaps with back-up cameras things are a bit different now and many folks have differing views on this, but in terms of the parking “experts” (whoever they are ;) ) backing into a space is said to be safer.
I agree that in this case there may have been different motivations for backing in, but there is the possibility that it was LS usual habit.
I’ll also throw in that some of the military families that I know are really into info/safety like this... may be generalizing a bit, but something I’ve noticed.

((Wow - just had all kinds of issues posting from my phone - ignore that weird moment lol.))

agree///Another reason some folks back-in to a parking spot is for safety reasons whether in a car or truck / any size vehicle. It is generally considered safer to back-in to park and then to pull out of your spot facing the street or parking lot as you can visually see potential hazards better that way. Especially in a neighborhood with kids and animals it can be a good idea? Perhaps with back-up cameras things are a bit different now and many folks have differing views on this, but in terms of the parking “experts” (whoever they are ;) ) backing into a space is said to be safer.
I agree that in this case there may have been different motivations for backing in, but there is the possibility that it was LS usual habit.
I’ll also throw in that some of the military families that I know are really into info/safety like this... may be generalizing a bit, but something I’ve noticed.
The reason I sometimes back in to my driveway is in Winter I want the sun to hit my windshield and the driveway where I walk. Otherwise they would be in the shade and never melt. But that’s because my house faces West lol. Also, in a big SUV I seem to have better visibility pulling out. Not saying this is why anyone else did or would do it. Just my 2 cents.

It has been commented, that a someone had provided LE with a description of the 'person who came to get GS'.

What if a someone who provided the description actually 'believes' that person exists... but in reality, the person does not exist?

I'm thinking: mental break, and LE is tiptoeing lightly around the someone... fearing a worse tragedy has occurred than originally thought. I'm sensing a very bad vibe.
I'm confused, what are you saying?

Jmo but when LE is giving lots of updates, more people will call in their “tips”. All too often, their tip is more of a suggestion or an opinion...but anyway.

On another note, whatever blood may or may not have been found by LE, clearly there was not a significant amount, imo, as police are insisting they hope to find Gannon alive, or were until recently, and in many cases, we see “deceased/not found” when police have evidence that a missing person is indeed dead. I think they would say so, if they had found a definite crime scene.

But the types of searching makes it clear they are looking for his body...imo.
I don't think it is clear one way or another how much blood they may have found. They have said they are running parallel investigations. Deceased not found is too early in this case. And hopefully not necessary. I think what their actions show is that he is most likely going to be found deceased. And I think they see that house has a crime scene considered the number of times they have been there and removed property.

Thanks, I appreciate how welcoming you have all been and that many have taken time to respond. Many people uphold the view that there are 'lies, lies and damned statistics' and I would agree that they can be dangerous and manipulated to support any argument.

There can be no doubt that our world is becoming increasingly driven by algorithms though and it seems to me that individuals/organisations that make use of them effectively are becoming more successful than those who choose to ignore the phenomenon.

If you take fields such as investing, professional betting, fantasy sports, insurance or just about anything that those with a flair for maths might be drawn to, those who make decisions based upon emotion tend to be exploited by those who live by cold hard numbers and logic.

Most of us also have a tendency to be short-term results-oriented, when it comes to this sort of thing; 'See you came up with all these dumb statistics, but I told you the Cubs would win and they did so you can throw your stupid system in the trash!'

As annoying as they can be, those who take a data-driven approach tend to win out in the long-run. But this will only happen if the system has been created by somebody smart enough to do it properly. I'm certainly not smart enough, myself!

Respectfully,I don’t think that this is viable with only the “smarts” of even the brightest sleuths on here. Any system like this that would require a scientific approach- utilizing research of past perps and outcomes etc.
Otherwise any system would just get in the way and cause valid discussion of cases to possibly take a backseat to debate over each red flag.

My personal belief is that that level of premeditation would imply a level of planning that would kind of negate the level of story-switching we're seeing here.

Not necessarily. For example.....I could ride to my husband's workplace one morning and "borrow" his car on a whim, leaving my truck there in the lot for a few hours, then come back to switch back and leave. Unless I told him, or on the rare occasion he might go out at lunchtime, he'd likely have no idea it had ever happened.

MOO

Yeah I agree.

Oh he went to a friend's, no wait just think of any suspicious cars that may have been in the area watching, forget that cause from day one the Sheriff's office has known a description of the person/friend whom Gannon left with....

Good grief....

My mind is stuck on those first few hours. I have questions. So many questions. This may ramble and not make sense because I am very tired, but I want to list a few questions.

1. When was the Google search "Can my parents trace me, blah, blah.... made?

2. When did LS look through G's phone and find the above search? And what led her (in theory) to search his history?

3. When was a description of what G was wearing given?

4. How did LS respond / act when the *advertiser censored* & Go contacted LE with info about a possible sighting?

5. How long after info came from K&G did it take for LH to view the tape and confirm that it was NOT G?

6. When was the missing poster released (The one with the big shot of LS' face and tiny shot of G's)?

7. Did anyone else take an earlier look at the video to confirm that it was or wasn't G?

Imo, LS is cruelly toying with LH. This isn't just an abusive stepmom going too far, although it is that... But there is something personal there too... Motivating LS to hurt LH.

I don't think it is clear one way or another how much blood they may have found. They have said they are running parallel investigations. Deceased not found is too early in this case. And hopefully not necessary. I think what their actions show is that he is most likely going to be found deceased. And I think they see that house has a crime scene considered the number of times they have been there and removed property.

This makes a lot sense IMO & I’m of the same thinking.
It seems unlikely that LE is gathering information from the house about a runaway/kidnapping, but much more likely that they are gathering evidence of a crime. I know LE said this was not a criminal investigation —> while they were saying that in the news story they were playing the footage of the crime lab van and crime lab workers going to and from the home. So as you said - look at what their actions are... that tells us more it seems.

It's very hard to generalize about this topic. I have always driven a car and I never backed that into any spot because there wouldn't be any purpose. I recently bought an 8 passenger SUV. I get why a person would back that in or ever a larger pick up truck. When you park a vehicle, the odds are that you have more time to get it situated right. When people leave the house, especially in the morning, when they are already running late and rushing to work, it's easier to pull out forward than to back out. This is something I have learned and put in place with my SUV. However, none of this is relevant when it comes to the actions of LS. The thing that makes the most sense as to why she backed the truck in the driveway are one of three options, or a combination of them all.
1. Gannon was injured and couldn't go far.
2. She needed to load something in the bed of the truck.
3. She backed in to try and be out of sight of cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA