Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, well, well. Here's to hoping THIS is it.

Also, in regards to this stemming from a tip...I wonder if this is a Mollie Tibbet's type tip. As in, someone in the area also has a camera at their house and noticed the truck in that specific area..maybe parked.
They stated they had found possible evidence/property. Did they find pieces of his clothes and now are they looking for possible bones that were scattered by animals?

I missed that can you tell me where they said they found property?

I refuse to drive up Mt H by myself and I used to do it for photography all the time.
Same. I used to hike up there with my kids and grandkids, and even by myself. Never again. The stories that came out about the homeless people that camped out there that were violent, I had no idea. I guess I am naïve.

Thanks, the way I read that is that they've received tips that include found property, etc, but I don't think they are claiming that it was from Gannon. I think it's just sloppily written, that would be my opinion. It doesn't say that LE found any of that, just that tips included that.

You are probably right. Sorry for any confusion.

They stated they had found possible evidence/property. Did they find pieces of his clothes and now are they looking for possible bones that were scattered by animals?

Respectfully, is there a link for them stating they they found possible evidence/property? I'm not being snarky at all, so please don't be offended that I asked. I took the weekend off, and I'm having trouble catching up. TIA!

Thanks, the way I read that is that they've received tips that include found property, etc, but I don't think they are claiming that it was from Gannon. I think it's just sloppily written, that would be my opinion. It doesn't say that LE found or verified any of that, just that tips included that.

That's the way I understood the statement. IMO, they are giving examples of the types of tips that are coming in. They are not confirming them as fact.

Example: if a property owner found a shoe on his/her property that might concern them, so they call it in. It may or may not be related to this case.

I've been jogging and walking that S-curve for 28 years. It's a collection point for all sorts of natural debris and trash. They have been scouring the west side of 105 on and off for days now--as others have commented. The private parcel they are paying close attention to is so obscure--it's between Sierra Pines and an old established ranch--you can see where the searchers went up to the bared wire fencing then stopped at the ranch. Yesterday they were further back off the road--not really visible through the scrub oak etc. on the side of 105. They were digging in an area. This morning they are again focused on the entrance. And yes, single file for vehicles passing.

Re: 35 acres being searched for most of the last week.

How many acres does a cell tower cover? Anyone know? And for anyone out there locally (btw, SO MANY THANKS) or those who can tell via maps, are there towers around?

My mind is working overtime....

((Gannon))

My goodness I’d love to know what they are looking for that is that small. Seems clear they aren’t looking for him right there, right? Maybe just my wishing for a miracle still.
Oh Gannon, where are you sweet boy!?

When I saw they were sifting I felt ill; my gut reaction is that they are looking for human tissue and bone fragments. Hope I’m very wrong.

I’d be very curious to know what the history on Gannon’s phone shows for the preceding 24 hours before he was missing. Something tells me he was not in possession of his phone well before he went “missing.”
Yes, and when he didn't return home from this supposed friends house. The first thing LS would have done is called him on his phone. There should be at least two or three calls and at the very least two or three texts saying where are you it's time for you to come home. If there's not does a huge red flags.

Besides once she called the first time and realized the phone was there. Doesn't it stand to reason you take that phone you look through it you find his friends and you call them all. If that wasn't done there's more red flags.

Respectfully, is there a link for them stating they they found possible evidence/property? I'm not being snarky at all, so please don't be offended that I asked. I took the weekend off, and I'm having trouble catching up. TIA!

Hi, I might of been reading too much into the tweet and hoping something was found, but here is the link.

EPCSheriff
@EPCSheriff

·
Feb 15

We have received 540 tips to date. These tips include possible sightings, search suggestions, social media related information, suspicious activity, found property/possible evidence and video/photo/drone evidence. INFO: Call 719-520-6666. #FindGannon https://bit.ly/39E3D7a

Kirk Mitchell
February 17, 2020 at 10:47 a.m.
“The search for a missing 11-year-old Colorado Springs boy in southern Douglas County continues Monday as law enforcement agents scour a 35-acre area for clues about his disappearance, sheriff’s officials said.

The search for Gannon Stauch, who has been missing from his home since Jan. 27, will continue for the sixth straight day, said Jacqueline Kirby, spokeswoman for the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office.

‘Our hope is to find him alive and bring him to his family and we’re going to keep searching until we find otherwise,’ Kirby said Monday morning.

[SBM]”
Gannon Stauch case: Search continues for missing boy in Douglas County

And as we know, they’re searching more than 35 acres today....

Here is the link, I just went to double check
EPCSheriff on Twitter
The tweet you provided is referring to the various "tips" they have received. The description listed is the "type" of tips. They are not stating any particular evidence was found. The PIO says time after time, "we are not going to discuss that, it's part of the investigation".

Maybe they are sifting for that key that SM said only GS was responsible for holding onto per her interview. IMO she insinuated it could be on his person or it was missing along with GS (I’ll have to look back to verify but I know it was something to this effect) Could the key be the “key” piece of evidence they are looking for right now?

I know this was probably discussed, but I’m really having trouble keeping up with this thread. How far is the search site from Gannon’s house?

My stomach drops every time I check this thread. I know it’s coming, just don’t know when.

I honestly cannot fathom how his poor family is making it through each day.

Roughly 40 miles, give or take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member