Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone cut it out of the floor, I guess I shouldn't assume it was LE, but I can't imagine it was the homeowners

It's a concrete floor. I doubt anything that size was cut out and covered by this wood.
I disagree with the OP's assessment of this picture completely. I do believe there would be room for a car to be parked in that bay, and I also think it's likely that the wood was there always. It's perfectly centered to sit under the front end of the car when parked and take any oil drippings. My husband did something similar when we used to park the old Subaru in the garage. but he used a single piece of plywood (which yes, makes more sense, but if that wasn't on hand, I can totally see someone doing this)

A couple questions :

1. Locals : how plausible is the water option for hiding a body? We've gotten conflicting reports on here about that. Seemed like *someone* said there isn't much for lakes and streams. I know there are some reservoirs in a different direction than the Main search area.

2. Knowledgeable folks : can a body be weighted down enough, say, with multiple layers, that it never surfaces? In water I mean.

I hope this doesn't qualify as sleuthing. The rules are still a bit unclear to me. I usually try to take the high road to be safe, lol.

When LS gets back home, without Gannon, at approximately 2PM, it takes her three attempts to get that truck backed in the driveway, to her satisfaction. I'd say addrenilin was pumping, she was flustered! When she initially backed into the driveway at approximately 10 Am before Gannon got in the truck she backed up only once and didn't need to reposition the truck. Does that make her an expert at backing up, I'd say NO. But I could be wrong.

A couple thoughts on backing in a driveway. Sorry to bring up this old topic, but I am a little behind...

If we are parking outside in the winter, we make a habit of facing the windshield toward the sun so it can help melt snow or ice. I have not looked to see what direction the faces, but that could be one reason to back in the driveway.

If a driveway has an incline (many are graded this way for drainage away from the home) and you park up the incline, the weight of an open car door will cause it to close or fall against you. If you have small kids this could be a safety concern.

If you back up an incline, the doors will fall open and stay open. This makes it easier for loading and unloading and kids entering the vehicle without the door slamming closed on them.

Or it could just be for convenience. When you walk out to a vehicle parked facing the home you have to walk around to the car door. When you park facing away from the home, the car doors open away from the home. This little thing makes life easier when driveways are snowy or slippery.

I agree that the repositioning might be due to SM being flustered, but it might also be that she wanted to align the truck better for others to walk around it, etc. It was going to be there for a while. She may not have repositioned because the doors were easy to get to and they were leaving right away.

The interesting details for me would be how SM parked in the past. Did she often back into the driveway? Or park in the street but back in just before leaving? Did she park in the street the day before and the kids walked from the street to the home? Did she always reposition the vehicle a few times when parking? What was her typical behavior in the days and months before GS went missing?

Hoping today brings news. It looks like the precipitation won’t start until later tonight but the winds are gusty.

jmo

I cannot seem to locate a MSM article that mentions a specific type of illness or a specific type of medication. Someone help me out here?

LE here...."The fact that he’s actually under the age of 13, he’s 11 years old, and he has specific medicine that he takes, we want to make sure that all the resources are being poured in to locate him.”
Gannon Stauch Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

ETA...it was always vague in MSM, appears elsewhere in MSM. ....it was SM that gave it definition

Odd that both LH and the mystery man would know that Gannon was gong to be stepping out right then. (That's why she asks for our help in locating suspicious cars). If you're right, then she evolved the story from "runaway, don't know which friend's house" to "a man." If she saw this man and could give a description to LE, why didn't LE ask for help in finding that man?

She should also know whether this man was a friend or a stranger, since she says she can describe him (although she doesn't). If she's just making wild guesses (didn't see anything, Gannon snuck out the gate), why does she think there's such a person?
Does the neighbor's security video also include the gate area? TS seems to deliberately place explanations for blood, using the gate, etc for a purpose, IMO. What could be explained away by checking the gate several times?

The interesting details for me would be how SM parked in the past. Did she often back into the driveway? Or park in the street but back in just before leaving? Did she park in the street the day before and the kids walked from the street to the home? Did she always reposition the vehicle a few times when parking? What was her typical behavior in the days and months before GS went missing?
This reminds me of Chris Watts, as he was forbidden from parking his work truck in the driveway.
I agree...I want answers to those questions as well.

I'm concerned that GS hasn't been found yet.

This current search reminds me a lot of the Kelsey Berreth landfill search that went on for weeks and weeks.

We all know how that one ended.

If they don't find GS by the end of this week, then I think Dan May is going to start weighing whether or not LE has strong enough evidence in hand to bring charges sans a body.

Based on what we know, I'm dubious.

They need to find Gannon.

JMO.

This question stuck out to me. I hadn't given it much thought, but this is an extremely odd thing for LS to have done as early as it appears that she did. You can't find someone - I get going through calls/texts/social media..I don't think my first thought would be to go to their browser or even more, check the history on that browser.

I've mulled back and forth on who I think searched that (because I think LS was abusive and Gannon could have really wondered that) - but I believe it was 100% planted now. MOO.

I’ve had a suicidal family member and we absolutely checked their google search history and map search history right away for any insight as to where they might be when they weren’t able to be located. All turned out well, but we checked all possible sources for info. If my family member were missing and I had their phone or computer I would check everything on it that I could for possible information.
That being said - I do not think that’s the likely case here, unfortunately, because of LS behavior and words - and agree with you that it was planted/used for her motives IMO

Just saw a pic on one of the FB groups of what looks to be nasty weather starting to roll in:(...locals? Any rumblings of LE activity?
Snow is coming in today and forecasted to last through probably Wednesday. Weather is tricky out here. They can say you will see an inch and you get 10, or vice versa. Another storm is supposedly coming in a few days as well, I believe. At least I saw that last night. Weather forecasts change quickly and often here.

This. Yep. I think this is what my hubby went to. I just asked him and he said it was "that highway" (I am guessing he is talking 105) and it was by the train tracks he said.
But he said you go in and they weigh your vehicle, and then you drive to the bins. It is actually a transfer station he said. It would be a lot of eyes seeing her I would think, so I don't think that would be the best choice for her?
What’s this Palmer Lake 2 and the Palmer Reservoir Trailhead?

eta: Monument Lake?

Last edited:
Interesting ideas!

Thankfully RD would have that little trip on video too, if it happened. And know which vehicle was used, etc.

I kinda have a feeling we'd have learned in her statement about an innocent cigarette run in the middle of the night though, if there were indeed a trip that night....?

MOO
Aah, but if no-one is talking about it and nobody's knows about it, did it really happen?

A couple thoughts on backing in a driveway. Sorry to bring up this old topic, but I am a little behind...

If we are parking outside in the winter, we make a habit of facing the windshield toward the sun so it can help melt snow or ice. I have not looked to see what direction the faces, but that could be one reason to back in the driveway.

If a driveway has an incline (many are graded this way for drainage away from the home) and you park up the incline, the weight of an open car door will cause it to close or fall against you. If you have small kids this could be a safety concern.

If you back up an incline, the doors will fall open and stay open. This makes it easier for loading and unloading and kids entering the vehicle without the door slamming closed on them.

Or it could just be for convenience. When you walk out to a vehicle parked facing the home you have to walk around to the car door. When you park facing away from the home, the car doors open away from the home. This little thing makes life easier when driveways are snowy or slippery.

I agree that the repositioning might be due to SM being flustered, but it might also be that she wanted to align the truck better for others to walk around it, etc. It was going to be there for a while. She may not have repositioned because the doors were easy to get to and they were leaving right away.

Hoping today brings news. It looks like the precipitation won’t start until later tonight but the winds are gusty.

jmo

I think it's super strange she moved the car to the driveway to pick him up. IMO It's almost like he was in too much pain to walk to the street of the car, and when he drops something he doesnt reach to get it. If I park my car in the street, my kids just walk to the car, only times I ever backed in the driveway was for bad weather.

Kirk Mitchell
February 17, 2020 at 10:47 a.m.
“The search for a missing 11-year-old Colorado Springs boy in southern Douglas County continues Monday as law enforcement agents scour a 35-acre area for clues about his disappearance, sheriff’s officials said.

The search for Gannon Stauch, who has been missing from his home since Jan. 27, will continue for the sixth straight day, said Jacqueline Kirby, spokeswoman for the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office.

‘Our hope is to find him alive and bring him to his family and we’re going to keep searching until we find otherwise,’ Kirby said Monday morning.

[SBM]”
Gannon Stauch case: Search continues for missing boy in Douglas County

Interesting ideas!

Thankfully RD would have that little trip on video too, if it happened. And know which vehicle was used, etc.

I kinda have a feeling we'd have learned in her statement about an innocent cigarette run in the middle of the night though, if there were indeed a trip that night....?

MOO
Aah, but if no-one is talking about it and nobody knows about it, did it really happen? (And, more importantly, does it need to be defended ... or "pre-splained")?! MOO

It's not just a random thing," said former agent Pete Klismet. "With some basis of knowledge from prior cases, somebody has told them something about the specific or general location up there where they may want to look and they may find something."

El Paso County Sheriff's Office has received 555 tips so far, but no person of interest or suspect has been named. People's online rumors and theories have accused the stepmother of being involved in Gannon's disappearance.

People in Facebook groups have also questioned why deputies have not arrested anyone yet. But Klismet says an arrest "doesn't mean a whole lot because they need to have enough information to convict somebody."

...snipped...

Spokesperson Jacqueline Kirby with EPCSO says no public volunteers are being used for the search in the Larkspur area. Klismet says that is probably because investigators have "specific information."

"They don't want volunteers who are untrained and don't know how to handle evidence and don't know what to do if they find evidence," he said.

Kirby says they will continue to investigate the Larkspur area before extreme weather conditions arrive.

This is very important. People think the lack of an arrest means possible innocence. It doesn’t. They can have probable cause for an arrest or even to hind the person over for trial but the DA wants more than that for an arrest. They want to have a higher probability of conviction.

I have used that phrase since I was a child in many different instances. When ready to leave the house....”We’re good to go”. When I have everything for a Super Bowl party....”Good to go”. It was common where I grew up....maybe not so in many other parts of the country. I took it only as she lived somewhere on the east coast at one time.
She did, in North Carolina. I also live in North Carolina and that phrase is common here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jend1184