Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicole Fierro - There’s no words to describe what Landen...

There’s no words to describe what Landen Hiott is going through. She fought for two months to hold her first born, Gannon Stauch, in the NICU 11 years ago. Now she’s been fighting almost a month to see him again after he disappeared January 27th. We have this heartbreaking story and how you can help reunite this mom with her son tonight at 5 on @fox31denver

My apologies if I missed this being shared, but where is the full interview with Gannon's mom? It was supposed to be on Good Morning America?

In an exclusive interview with ABC News, Hiott spoke directly to her son Gannon.

"Bubba if you see this, mommy wants you home. You’re my hero, you’re my baby; I'm here, I'm waiting for you,” Hiott said to ABC.

Mother of Gannon Stauch pleads for his safe return home in exclusive ABC interview - KRDO

Question for those of you who watched the clip. What is your take on its purpose? Was it meant to directly reach Gannon or someone else? Was it likely a planned appearance requested by LE?
And the quote says she is here waiting. Where is here? Colorado or S.C.? Tia

Exactly. Without that video, I would have believed she killed him in an act of abuse, and dumped his body.

That video makes it far worse than that, as it means she may have abused him to the point that she decided to cover it up with murder.

It’s colder than the former, as it was planned.
Very cold

I believe Watts avoided a death penalty, despite his despicable half-confession (which blamed the victim for the murder of her daughters). He likely still would have received death, but for his in-laws' preferences
...if I recall correctly.

HERE FOR GANNON. **sobs**

There is a moratorium on the death penalty in CO. So while he could have been sentenced to death at present it could not be carried out. But I agree with you that his in-laws' preferences were a major reason the state did not seek the death penalty

ya know...somebody mentioned it earlier but nobody has really pushed this issue...why no Amber Alert? Even suspected young runaways get an Amber Alert. In this case, if LS implies in her ever changing stories that GS left with somebody and now can't be found...still no Amber Alert. LE must clearly know that issuing an Amber Alert is not warranted based on what they know and what they are keeping out of press to preserve their investigation.
Although different states have slightly different criteria for when an Amber Alert is issued, here are the guidelines from the DOJ:

Summary of Department of Justice Recommended Criteria

• There is reasonable belief by law enforcement that an abduction has occurred.
  • The law enforcement agency believes that the child is in imminent danger of serious bodily injury or death.
  • There is enough descriptive information about the victim and the abduction for law enforcement to issue an AMBER Alert to assist in the recovery of the child.
  • The abduction is of a child aged 17 years or younger.
  • The child’s name and other critical data elements, including the Child Abduction flag, have been entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) system.
Guidelines for Issuing AMBER Alerts | AMBER Alert

My guess based on the information we have is that LE did not have reasonable belief (or reasonable belief in the critical timeframe) that an abduction had occurred. Even if they had, it does not sound like they had any description of a suspect or a vehicle, which are commonly part of most Amber Alerts. (Even TS has only referenced "suspicious vehicles" when vaguely speaking about abduction in her statement).

I'm taking AS's tears upon viewing the video, along with LE's statement that they didn't dispute the characterization of the video, as confirmation that it's him.

That's just me, though.
And me!
I'm of the opinion a 17 year old like her is not diabolical enough, or mentally strong enough, to hold out this long if she was involved. I highly doubt she was involved, and likely the opposite, she may be very helpful to LE.
I'm thinking that she is too young to be interviewed alone or at all unless her mother agrees. I feel like she can be a wealth of help on this investigation, just not sure if she has been interviewed separately from her mother's presence. JMO

And it's been stated that blue is Gannon's favorite color.

Colorado Springs hockey team sports blue for Gannon

"For the Colorado Springs Tigers, this year’s President’s Day Tournament means more than just winning.

“We tape our sticks as a team together so we can be unified and show our support for Gannon,” Player Zachary Peterson said.

Blue is Gannon Stauch’s favorite color. Every player on the team decided to wrap their stick with blue tape to bring awareness."

BBM

I love this so much. It really warms my heart and chases away my sadness seeing stories like this. In some of my daily prayers for Gannon, I prayed that he would know the impact he has had on so many people. How many people love him.
I wish every single missing, hurt, abused, killed child and loved one could have as much attention on them. But I am so grateful that this little boy is so loved.

It really is intriguing to me, the amount of times they have returned to the house.

I look forward to when this case breaks and we learn about why so many trips to the house were taken. I find the sheer number relatively unusual, personally.

Both could be important. The daytime video shows what it shows. The nighttime video may very well show preparations being made for the next day.

I believe this was premeditated, and she knew she was going to kill him on the day prior. So that time period may be key, especially if she put things in her vehicle.
Your batting average is way too high for me to try and throw one past ya. But this time I do hope you’re a swing and a miss on the premeditation. That degree of preplanning makes it so much fouler. I feel nauseous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJ81