Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me if this doesn't make sense; I am exhausted, but has anyone been able to figure out or has it been reported the year of AS's truck and/or if that would be equipped with GPS tracking?
Even if AS truck does not have GPS, it looks new enough that LE would be able to find valuable tracking information in it's system.
Reading through posts and noticing her saying something to the effect her vw had gps in part 2 of her interview, it clicked for me why she possibly took AS's truck. She knew her car could be tracked, but his possibly no? That's why I ask. Furthermore, the rental also makes sense if this is the case. She still maybe had evidence to dispose of and AS would have asked her why she needed his truck rather than her own vehicle to go "look" for GS once he was back. Or she knew a probable blow up with AS and LH was likely considering history and she was in no way going to have access to anything but her own vehicle once they arrived and again it has gps. So she came up with renting a car to finish handling what she needed. I have no idea on the odometer, that is an entire extra level of confusion.

Anyway, if that is the case and AS did not have GPS in his truck and she left her phone at home and possibly her watch on Monday then maybe that is why we are seeing what we are from LE. TS used the truck to hide GS, but she used the rental to dispose of more evidence. She didn't realize the rental had tracking. So they are going to all these seemingly random spots because the rental gps tracks there, but that isn't where GS is because she used a vehicle without tracking to do that. JMO. Again, extremely tired and I possibly have overlooked something or AS's truck has gps and this idea makes no sense. I feel like I have been going in circles looking at her words for hours trying to read between the lines.
Even if AS truck had no GPS, it looks like it is new enough that LE would be able to get tracking data from it's computer systems and I'm sure he would not have objected to them doing so.

Last edited:
Arguing is my favorite thing, it ain’t personal.

These were crucial hours, and everyone was looking for this kid. I just can’t fathom she dropped off the grid for that long, and no one has said a word about it.

There’s no reason to transport a body that distance (if that’s the implication), if you never intend for it to be found. It’s incredibly risky, completely pointless, and highly unusual.

Besides that, I think she’d be behind bars by now. That car would have a damning story to tell.
I haven’t caught up, sorry if this has been hashed to death, but I’m not ready to concede those miles were not hers :p...
I think she could have moved the body and that they are aware it would be near impossible to go looking for it with 900 miles distance to cover. She could have purposefully gone back and forth across those miles, doubling back, just in case the car could be tracked. (I’m already writing my next mystery). How would they even begin to search if that were the case. Dan May hung PF to dry with no body... The searches could be, as someone else suggested, for any forensics she may have left behind where they think the original dump site (so sorry G!) was. Pair/Match that with evidence in the rental car, they don’t have to find the body to prosecute.
JMO!

It was the K&G on Fountain Mesa Road. That’s only 4 or 5 miles from their house. Sorry if this has already been addressed; trying to catch up today.
Every time I see the name of that store, I do a double take.

Do we know if family viewed the video at the store and confirmed it wasn't Gannon? Did that happen on day 2 or?

These were crucial hours, and everyone was looking for this kid. I just can’t fathom she dropped off the grid for that long, and no one has said a word about it.

Plenty of neighbors talking about missing/disengaged SM the 1st days after Gannon was reported missing on other social media sites. Just none of those people are talking to the media using their real names, so we can't discuss here on websleuths.

I'm okay with that. Especially since LE has more than likely asked the neighborhood residence to keep mum for the sake of finding Gannon and bringing him home.

Sure wish we had a verified neighbor posting here with us on the case. But I will say I really don't want any leaks that will hurt the chances of Gannon being found.

Imagine you're one of the first investigators assigned to this case, and T is presenting it as a runaway. He's so young and the whole thing is fishy, so you could categorize him as endangered missing, which would mostly just change how his missing person entry on NCIC looks, but would also alert T that LE is suspicious and going to take it more seriously than a runaway.

OR you could let T think her runaway story is working for a few days. Leave him classified as a runaway on NCIC for a bit, but treat the actual investigation as you would an endangered missing with possible foul play. You could investigate and surveil her before she fully realizes she's under suspicion. Even if GS wasn't initially classified as an endangered missing, they still could have sent a bulletin out to other relevant LE agencies, to get the same information out but on the down low.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." In investigations, there's often an advantage in letting a suspect think they're getting away with it for a while.

I agree. I think they suspected something within 24 hours, even if not the first night. (And I wouldn't be surprised if they had suspicions the first night.)

I haven’t caught up, sorry if this has been hashed to death, but I’m not ready to concede those miles were not hers :p...
I think she could have moved the body and that they are aware it would be near impossible to go looking for it with 900 miles distance to cover. She could have purposefully gone back and forth across those miles, doubling back, just in case the car could be tracked. (I’m already writing my next mystery). How would they even begin to search if that were the case. Dan May hung PF to dry with no body... The searches could be, as someone else suggested, for any forensics she may have left behind where they think the original dump site (so sorry G!) was. Pair/Match that with evidence in the rental car, they don’t have to find the body to prosecute.
JMO!
Yay! Let’s hear it for the Janes. ;)

Do we know if family viewed the video at the store and confirmed it wasn't Gannon? Did that happen on day 2 or?
I thought LE said either bio mom or stepmom confirmed it wasn’t him. But that makes a difference, doesn’t it? I’ll see if I can find.

I thought LE said either bio mom or stepmom confirmed it wasn’t him. But that makes a difference, doesn’t it? I’ll see if I can find.

The department had previously reported that he was last seen at the *advertiser censored* & Go on Mesa Ridge Parkway in Colorado Springs near Fountain. But upon reviewing surveillance footage Tuesday, his stepmother said the boy suspected to be Stauch was not him.

https://www.outtherecolorado.com/search-underway-for-missing-colorado-boy/

Last edited:
Social media rumor about the junk on the side of the road. Not something we're cleared to discuss here on the open forum.
Gotcha
The reply I had stated it was given to the police, I thought maybe the news had mentioned it.
I'm from the UK and some news posts I can't view due to EU laws.
Thanks for letting me know it was just a rumour.

PURE SPECULATION

Tues. TS leaves the family home, by choice or demand. Gets a hotel.

What's to say she STAYED in the hotel room that night? She well could've left her daughter there, telling her she was going "searching for Gannon".... she could've borrowed her daughter's phone. No burner needed.

Under cloud of dark she could've moved Gannon 100s of miles. Between say 6 pm or later and 1pm when she returned the car. At a minimum she burned up a full tank of gas.

And she'd only have been NOTICEABLY off the grid Wednesday morning.

I trust LE has a handle on this.

The arrest warrant when it comes will be spellbinding.

JMOJMOJMO

ETA thank you @FlamingJane for posting the news story where it says TS viewed it.
I need to slow down here.
Gannon Stauch: What we know two weeks since the 11-year-old went missing from Colorado Springs home
I’ve never heard in MSM or elsewhere the details of who viewed it or when. Media only stated something to the effect “sighting at a *advertiser censored* and Go was a false report. “ And stopped mentioning it. IMO to lessen confusion about his last whereabouts.
EPCSO tweeted this on 1/28 at 11:17 a.m.
EPCSheriff on Twitter
And then they updated it at 3:23 p.m. So they ruled it out pretty quickly
EPCSheriff on Twitter

Last edited:

Here’s the initial report: EPCSheriff on Twitter

Here is where MSM says that TS is the one who said the boy in the surveillance wasn’t him:

“An initial report that the boy was last seen at the *advertiser censored* & Go on Mesa Ridge Parkway near Fountain was incorrect, according to the Sheriff's Office. Upon reviewing surveillance footage the day after he was reported missing, Gannon's stepmother said the boy suspected to be Gannon was not him, according to law enforcement officials”

Gannon Stauch: What we know two weeks since the 11-year-old went missing from Colorado Springs home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MJ1690