Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see Verizon Wireless is part of the team. I’d been wondering if there were an Alexa type device in the house. I don’t have have Alexa/Echo, so not sure if they’re run off of your internet provider or?
Not sure on that, but I would think the list of partners alone would throw any deceptive or guilty party into a full-on anxiety attack.

Hi Websleuths, long time listener, first time caller. You guys are awesome!
Verizon Wireless is listed as a partner in the search on this update and they haven't been in the past. Would that indicate they're accessing cell phone data?
Welcome to WS! I think it’s safe to think they are the provider for some members of the family IMO

Newish to WS. What do the parents do while these cases are under investigation? I know you have to trust the investigators, but as a mom I would be out at Walmart handing out flyers or searching the fields with them or screaming his name. Are they allowed to help search or are they encouraged to remain calm and out of the investigation process. I know some cases move along quicker than others. If long term, some parents return to work at some point, but what do most do in the initial few days / weeks?

Also, does anyone know if the stepmom ever *looked* for him?

Hmmm I can get every number called and texted and the duration and what time on my Verizon as the account owner - as well as data drops and usage ......
But a warrant and official documents from the carrier holds up better in court. We also don’t know who the account owner is and if there is a family plan and who it might include.

There is a candlelight prayer vigil tomorrow night for Gannon in his neighborhood. I'm planning on going, but still hoping that we get information before then. Seeing everyone rally around his family is a beautiful thing.
Thank you for going please light a candle for all of us that can't be there..

Yes, except she’s not fooling anyone. We didn’t have to see her face to know she was lying. We just had to listen to her words.
the part i found interesting is she said LE would not let her leave. i suppose she had not been arrested at that point so seems she could have just left.but she was trying hard in the interview to create the narrative that her rights were being trampled on. but as you say hard to really believe her.

BBM
WTH? Whose genius idea was that?!? SMH MOO
The newspaper that ran with it and circulated amongst their entire military familial community is accountable for the decision they made. I imagine there was/is quite an uproar going down over there. Perhaps LS has/had an insider.
imo

Kyron vanished ten years ago...

Two major differences are that he was seen where the stepmother said she last took him, and that no one saw her leave with him. Much of the searching has been very near the school where he was last seen, which makes me wonder if he IS eventually found near the school, how the stepmother can be tied to his disappearance...more than anyone else. She was known and admitted to being there with him...as opposed to him being found some distance away where her phone pings may have also placed her, for example.

In comparison, wherever Gannon is now, if found, she (stepmother) needs to be tied to that location too...although her case is worse as she was seen to take him away and not bring him back. Makes me think this stepmom is in an even worse position than TH has been, which seemed almost impossible before this case. And yet here we are a decade later with no arrest...so obviously no solid enough of a case that he was killed rather than abducted. Also LE has done the age progression photos a few times in his case. So they seem to be leaving that possibility open.

Sorry to ramble...but there are differences despite the many similarities...jmo

Snipped and coloured by me (SACBM)
Likely because she understand's what "duper's delight" is and she couldn't trust herself not to give herself away. JMO
Maybe she had a cut to her face as well? (Hoping she did!) Although she was always wearing sunglasses and rarely took them off, so she probably just nervous.

Hmmm I can get every number called and texted and the duration and what time on my Verizon as the account owner - as well as data drops and usage ......
You can’t get the detailed information that Verizon only supplies to law enforcement though.

As we learned in the Kelsey Berreth case, that data can be incredibly thorough.

Thank you! Most of this I didn’t know. It will be interesting to learn if there were similar signs of strife in Gannon’s house.

As I recall, it was pretty clear Kyron’s step mother disappeared him. It’s dismaying they never arrested her—I’m sure they would have had they found his little body.

I agree it will be even harder to find Gannon unless they have very good info leading to a specific location, and I hope beyond all hope even if Gannon isn’t found the stepmonster pays. Fortunately, DA May has shown he doesn’t need a body to fight for justice.
BBM:

We can all hold fast to the hope that in the end, we will see justice for GS.

The arrival of Dan May on the scene this week assured me that we can not only hope for justice, but we have every reason to believe that we will see justice for GS.

There was a rather poignant moment in the press conference DA May held after PF's conviction and sentencing, where he talked about it being bittersweet, and noted the following:

"It's a sad day when all Justice can do is hold Patrick Frazee accountable.
We wish Kelsey were here today. That would be true justice...if she could join us today.
She did not deserve this."

I think those words are going to prove to be equally apropos here in GS's case.

It won't be perfect...but I'm convinced we'll see justice for Gannon at the end of the day.

It's never wise for perps to think they can "outwit" Dan May.
Especially by the use of really clever (!) cell phone ruses.

Speaking of which, Dateline is airing a 2-hour special on the KB case tonight.
It will be an opportunity for those who didn't follow that case to see how LE worked to gather evidence in that Colorado "No body" case, and how the DA successfully prosecuted it.

Somebody should let TS know, so she can tune in.

JMO.

Last edited:
The newspaper that ran with it and circulated amongst their entire military familial community is accountable for the decision they made. I imagine there was/is quite an uproar going down over there. Perhaps LS has/had an insider.
imo
:rolleyes: Oh I’m sure she has an insider:eek: What a bunch of dummies. Thanks for that tidbit @imstilla.grandma MOO

Newbie here.....just from a moms point of view....if GS stayed home from school sick, why would he be going to a friends house?

This is just an observation from a childless person...but I know only one 11-yr old boy and he stayed home sick this week but I kept seeing him out and about in the complex those days...fo what it is worth...

the part i found interesting is she said LE would not let her leave. i suppose she had not been arrested at that point so seems she could have just left.but she was trying hard in the interview to create the narrative that her rights were being trampled on. but as you say hard to really believe her.
All of that stuff is recorded too, so my guess is when all is said and done, she won’t have a leg to stand on.

I’m wondering if she was served a search warrant on her body (photographs, etc), and didn’t want to comply. She then may have attempted to leave the room, and was told that she could not.

That would still make her narrative a lie, but with some truth to it.

Regarding "blending families" with stepkids. I tried it, and believe me, it isn't the "Brady Bunch". At least on the show, all of the ex's were dead.
Amen! I’m lucky because my husband’s ex could be much worse than she is. I’ve seen and read of absolute nightmares for ex’s some people have. I don’t know these people or their dynamic but it’s possible there was issues among them.
It seems like there is now with the statements TS made in her interview. And the fact she is not living there while the ex is.

She writes that his last search was "Can my parents find me if my cell phone is off?"

"He did not have a bookbag on him and it is not known if he has money or bank cards on him."

SBM. What parent does not know if their child has large amounts of cash or has a bank card at age 11? He has no job and no other source of income, does he? All of the buzz words that would make his disappearance a runaway.

You can’t get the detailed information that Verizon only supplies to law enforcement though.

As we learned in the Kelsey Berreth case, that data can be incredibly thorough.
And you can't even get it about yourself. I called Verizon about getting content from my own account beyond what my account info and phone log told me (needed it re: a potential dispute in small claims court), and they said I needed a court order. There are very tight constraints on this kind of detailed information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000