Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just curious, I've seen several people say that the LE has not disputed the neighbors account of what happened in the video that he released to the media. The only place that I have heard or seen LE actually address the video is in the Feb 4th update with Deborah Mynatt. She didn't say anything that I would dream of interpreting that way. She repeatedly said that the video is part of the investigation and that the Sheriff's Department would not be commenting on it. A reporter pushes her to confirm or deny the neighbors account and she repeats that they won't comment on the video.
Did they subsequently confirm (or say that they don't dispute) the neighbors account?
It's been pointed out that there is no time or date stamp on the video. It is 2 short clips spliced together. The cell phone video of the actual video is very poor quality. Even the wide variation in what people commenting here swear to see or not see is a testament to how poor the quality is. I'm sure the original is much more clear and LE has a way better idea of the significance than the public does, but they aren't commenting as far as I can tell.
I wonder if it's distracting placing so much significance on the video until we know more about it.
I also have a really hard time fathoming the fact that neighbor went to the media against the urging of LE. Why would he do that?
It seems like this little guy has had a really tricky and complicated life but he still just seems to embody joy and innocence in every image I see of him. He reminds me of my son and my heart just aches for him. I'm really hoping that he comes home safe. We know so little at this point, I'm not ready to settle on the idea that SM drove him away and disposed of him and he's never coming back. Especially based on that video. We have no idea what SM has told LE about what they did that day prior to 3pm. I just keep reminding myself that I was sure we'd never find out what happened to Jayme Closs and she rescued herself 88 days later. She's not much older than Gannon. I'm going to hold on to hope until there's something solid

I've shared this (and other) quote several times, so here it is again:

"A spokeswoman for the El Paso County Sheriff’s Department said investigators have a copy of the video and do not dispute Drayton’s description of what the footage purportedly shows. The video, they caution, is only one part of the investigation. "This is just one piece in a very, very, very large puzzle," spokeswoman Jackie Kirby told ABC News Tuesday morning. Family of missing Colorado boy makes tearful plea after new surveillance video revealed

As for the owner of the video and how it got to the media, I'm not entirely certain we know the truth about that. I think I've read 4-5 versions at least, of who did what, and when. Just read a new one last night about how someone speculates that he was paid to leak it to the media. :rolleyes:

The truth will come out eventually. It almost always does.

This exchange has always niggled at me.

I: Where’d you guys go hiking?
T: Garden of the Gods

I: Garden of the Gods. OK. Um. I guess we-

T: And then we ate Burger King afterwards. So. You know. Ahuh.

"And then"

Here we have a skip in time (text bridge/temporal lacunai) indicating possible witheld missing information.

She then says "we ate burger king". She doesn't say "we went to Burger King. This is how people deceive. They want you to fill in the gaps assuming you went when that's not what they said.

Example.
What did you do last night?
A- went to piza hut and watched a movie.

Most would interpret this as they went to piza hut (sat down and went to the movies. Again, this is not what they said. What they left out (for what ever reason) was they got a take out and watched a movie at home.

So what happened between leaving Garden of the gods and AND THEN ate Burger King.?

"Afterwards". After what? How long "afterwards" did they eat BG, if indeed they did. Again, what happened in between these times.

This exchange has always niggled at me.

I: Where’d you guys go hiking?
T: Garden of the Gods

I: Garden of the Gods. OK. Um. I guess we-

T: And then we ate Burger King afterwards. So. You know. Ahuh.

"And then"

Here we have a skip in time (text bridge/temporal lacunai) indicating possible witheld missing information.

She then says "we ate burger king". She doesn't say "we went to Burger King. This is how people deceive. They want you to fill in the gaps assuming you went when that's not what they said.

Example.
What did you do last night?
A- went to piza hut and watched a movie.

Most would interpret this as they went to piza hut (sat down and went to the movies. Again, this is not what they said. What they left out (for what ever reason) was they got a take out and watched a movie at home.

So what happened between leaving Garden of the gods and AND THEN ate Burger King.?

"Afterwards". After what? How long "afterwards" did they eat BG, if indeed they did. Again, what happened in between these times.
It's not important what happened between trip and meal, what is more significant is what happened after they returned home and the entire next day.

bbm
SM has continually done nothing but stir up a gigantic hornets nest of innuendo, rumor, hype and nonsense. I’m glad that Gannon has a dedicated group of professionals searching and investigating his case. Im praying TODAY IS THE DAY! Let’s bring this handsome boy home.
As much as we wouldn't want to believe it, so many times there are underlying truths among such debris. I just hope no one has gone too far and GS comes home, safe and sound.

It's not important what happened between trip and meal, what is more significant is what happened after they returned home and the entire next day.

It maybe important. Did step mum do something Gannon witnessed and she didn't want him to see (score drugs for example) ànd this was (if it did happen) the beginning of an argument which led up to him going missing. Everything is important within the time frame of what has occurred.

Is there a character profiler or body language expert on Websleuths? I would love to read an analysis of TS and daughter as they appeared in the interview video. I know it's difficult to read someone without knowing a person's general mannerisms, usage of language and tonal inflections but still, I believe some interesting elements come out of such analysis....

It maybe important. Did step mum do something Gannon witnessed and she didn't want him to see (score drugs for example) ànd this was (if it did happen) the beginning of an argument which led up to him going missing. Everything is important within the time frame of what has occurred.
That is information that LE are highly unlikely to release if it exists until and if there is a criminal prosecution. Then everything will be laid out in exhibits for the entire world to see.
Gannon is missing, his last sighting is well after that time .

We're waiting for LE to complete the review of TS' cell phone ping and gps data. Let's hope the data obtained is relevant factual and not deliberately deceptive because without an eyewitness or a confession it's the next best thing and possibly only hope left for finding out where GS might be located.

In almost all these cases we rarely have enough known factual information that enables us to piece together viable clue structures. LE always holds information CTTV and we're left with relying on statistics, guess-work and sometimes, experience.

The bottom line: it's always a waiting game.

I think you might be on to something here, about her trying to deflect and skip that specific time gap.

BK isn't somewhere that you all need to go to ----usually someone just goes through the Drive Thru.... Hypothetically speaking, either one of the 2 drivers may have gone to get the food, while the others stayed at the home.

So what happened at home while someone else went to pick up BK?

Maybe something happened that triggered the entire tragedy?

The LE presser made me worried as it seemed they were already thinking it's bad news.
How I hope Gannon is being hidden by someone... and is alright.
But the first presser and then the follow up by the female LE spokesperson was not at all hopeful; imo.

His poor parents have to be heartbroken.
If there's been foul play hopefully the cold will preserve evidence.
Eta; grammar policing myself

Last edited:
Just an observation.

I have watched the video of Gannon getting into the truck a million times now and something about it bothered me and it finally hit me. I wasn't sure if Gannon was ill or hurt and then it hit me.

He seems hesitant. He's off balance (not physically). Almost wary, worried.

I know this is a stretch but that was the first thing that came to mind. I get that you can't see much but my sense was that he was hesitant to get in the truck.

MOO

Just an observation.

I have watched the video of Gannon getting into the truck a million times now and something about it bothered me and it finally hit me. I wasn't sure if Gannon was ill or hurt and then it hit me.

I know this is a stretch but that was the first thing that came to mind. I get that you can't see much but my sense was that he was hesitant to get in the truck.

MOO
Yes that could be it. And maybe when the neighbor with the video mentioned how good the audio is he meant he could hear yelling and screaming. Moo

Just an observation.

MOO
It's not easy to make much out of that video, but that is something I noticed as well. Head injury, internal injury, something that made him walk slow and possibly even dizzy or disoriented. It's hard to really be firm on that since it's such a terrible quality but that's what it appears to show, to me.

Early on it was mentioned that Gannon was on some medication, and it was not identified. I wonder if his demeanor when he was getting into the car was an indication that he had not been given his medication or that he had been given too much. If it was found in his system later, it could be explained away as an accident and no blame connected to her.

I am no expert but as a wife, mom, sister, and human being I can tell you LS was aggressive and the daughter was uncomfortable, scared, and seemed to be following orders.

Is there a character profiler or body language expert on Websleuths? I would love to read an analysis of TS and daughter as they appeared in the interview video. I know it's difficult to read someone without knowing a person's general mannerisms, usage of language and tonal inflections but still, I believe some interesting elements come out of such analysis....

Yeah, I don't understand that. Isn't the search considered part of the investigation?
Why do they keep pointing out there are two investigations?
Maybe the search is just a search and the parallel investigation is a criminal investigation? I really don't get it.

To me, that means they're searching as if what was reported is TRUE, but at the same time following a separate investigation as if it is not true, and those are two very very different investigations.

Is there an interview with stepmom prior to the interview with her back facing camera? I skimmed other threads and googled but only found that one. I’ve not been good at keeping up and you guys have been so busy on this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert