Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It actually seems a bit quiet to me.

Nothing from neighbours, or friend's parents.

Nothing about school and his classmates.

Who went on the hike on Sunday? Do they hike often? Is this a thing they do or was this out of the ordinary?

Where is bio mom? Could this be custodial?

Any problems at school? Any changes in his behaviour at school which would indicate something was up?

Is there a reason he "ran away"? Bio mom makes it sound like everything was OK - she let him go to a "friend's place" even though he was home sick so it doesn't sound like she was harsh with him. Was there strife in the family? Any sign of abuse? Bruises? Did he get into trouble for something?

I am personally having a hard time buying the runaway theory at this juncture.

I think all kinds of electronic devices are being searched or will be searched. I'm assuming the house was searched, anything out of order?

I'm still sitting on my hands, kinda, for now.

MOO
bbm
It'd be interesting to know if there was a satisfactory custody arrangement.
Some families can co-parent just fine.

We don't really know that the step-mom is the one who pushed the runaway narrative, or if it was pushed at all.
I'm a step-mom to two wonderful boys, so yeah, it's a tender subject for me. Now if step-moms would just stop doing terrible things to children, that would be awesome for the rest of us who love our steps as much as our own.
Good point.
We don't know what we don't know.
We don't know a lot.

We don't know for certain that stepmom was the key driver of the runaway train, but here's a potential indicator:

Search underway for missing Colorado Springs boy
SABBM:
Information received during an interview with Stauch's stepmother and other information lead deputies to believe he's a runaway instead of a missing person, Mynatt said.

We don't know what stepmom told LE.
We don't know what "other information" they've obtained.

All I know is, when LE is this quiet about a missing child, it ain't ever a good sign.

JMO.

BBM:

One slight correction:

It was stepmom who reported all of these alleged events leading up to GS' disappearance, not bio mom.

It is stepmom who is the last known person to have seen him.

Dad was out of town when GS disappeared.
He flew home on Tuesday.

Bio mom also came into town on Tuesday after she was alerted to the fact that her son had gone missing.

Both of GS' bio parents have described this as highly unusual behavior for him.

Looks like stepmom is the one who pushed the runaway narrative.

This situation is looking very grim.

The fact that LE hasn't held a press conference is making me positively apoplectic.

JMO.

TYVM for laying out facts so well.

Like I said upstream Gannon is not the age I consider as a runaway. No I'm not LE but following cases for many decades you begin to see a pattern or lack there of. I'm sure many here at WS have their own parameters while following cases.

In my eyes 99.9% of COINKYDINKS found in criminal cases I CANNOT REASONABLY make an explanation for. I'm seeing way too many red flags from MSM articles for my liking as in many cases before. Gannon is only 11 and hasn't just VANISHED and sadly I have no hope he is alright. Far from it.

This case is more than troubling and with the onslaught of ONE after ANOTHER with no end in sight I can't think anyway other than how I do.

The above thoughts are strictly my opinions.

TYVM for laying out facts so well.

Like I said upstream Gannon is not the age I consider as a runaway. No I'm not LE but following cases for many decades you begin to see a pattern or lack there of. I'm sure many here at WS have their own parameters while following cases.

In my eyes 99.9% of COINKYDINKS found in criminal cases I CANNOT REASONABLY make an explanation for. I'm seeing way too many red flags from MSM articles for my liking as in many cases before. Gannon is only 11 and hasn't just VANISHED and sadly I have no hope he is alright. Far from it.

This case is more than troubling and with the onslaught of ONE after ANOTHER with no end in sight I can't think anyway other than how I do.

The above thoughts are strictly my opinions.

Ugh! I feel the same way about not having hope. He has just been gone too long. If he is out, he's hungry, he's cold, he should have surfaced by now. The link below states that MOST (77%) of runaways are only gone a week. I know we have a little more time for that but still....

https://www.troubledteenhelp.com/sites/default/files/Overall Runaway Statistics 0309.pdf

I want to know what happened inside Gannon’s house on Monday. I want to know what led up to him “running away”? Did some random person see him walking around the neighborhood & grab him? Was he groomed by someone in his life? Online? Had there been tension in the days/months leading up to Monday? Was there an argument? SOMETHING happened in that house....
He has not contacted ANYONE as far as we know. This child is in DANGER IMO This whole situation is beyond frustrating! MOO

Is the stepmom employed-was this a day off for her? Stay at home caregiver for G? Also, what exactly was G’s sickness? Cold/flu/tummy/etc; Are any of his shoes missing? MOO
She was formerly employed.
Not sure about currently.
The younger sister is 7 yrs. old, I think.
Unsure what Gannon's illness was, but it kept him from going to school that day.
Good point about the shoes !

She was formerly employed.
Not sure about currently.
The younger sister is 7 yrs. old, I think.
Unsure what Gannon's illness was, but it kept him from going to school that day.
Good point about the shoes !

I'm not sure if I can say this so please let me know if I can't but...there is some stuff floating around on the facebook page that could explain some of your concerns that I hope and pray is not true.

I want to know what happened inside Gannon’s house on Monday. I want to know what led up to him “running away”? Did some random person see him walking around the neighborhood & grab him? Was he groomed by someone in his life? Online? Had there been tension in the days/months leading up to Monday? Was there an argument? SOMETHING happened in that house....
He has not contacted ANYONE as far as we know. This child is in DANGER IMO This whole situation is beyond frustrating! MOO
Ita !
This is not some savvy outdoorsman like Eric Rudolph --said to be a domestic terrorist and supposedly surviving out in the wilderness whilst 'on the run from the law'.
And btw Mr. Rudolph was apprehended while digging through dumpsters for food.
Some survivalist. :rolleyes:

Gannon is 11.
A child.
He has not (imo) been surviving and hiding out somewhere.
Someone has him, or something else happened.
Poor little guy. :(

LE-- please stop saying he's a runaway.
IF he ran away he wouldn't have gotten very far on foot.

So why not question whether or not someone picked him up in a car ?
SAR dogs ?
If LE haven't used them-- why not ?
It'd make sense if he left on foot.

They need to get serious and start cracking some heads.
Figuratively speaking.

Talk to Gannon's sisters.
Did they see him Mon. before leaving for school ?
What was Gannon's demeanor Sun.? Sat. ?
Was he online alot ?
Etc.

Ita !
This is not some savvy outdoorsman like Eric Rudolph --said to be a domestic terrorist and supposedly surviving out in the wilderness whilst 'on the run from the law'.
And btw Mr. Rudolph was apprehended while digging through dumpsters for food.
Some survivalist. :rolleyes:

Gannon is 11.
A child.

LE-- please stop saying he's a runaway.
IF he ran away he wouldn't have gotten very far on foot.

So why not question whether or not someone picked him up in a car ?
SAR dogs ?
If LE haven't used them-- why not ?
It'd make sense if he left on foot.

They need to get serious and start cracking some heads.
Figuratively speaking.

Talk to Gannon's sisters.
Did they see him Mon. before leaving for school ?
What was Gannon's demeanor Sun.? Sat. ?
Was he online alot ?
Etc.
@LietKynes ITA You nailed it!! Every word & every question!!!

Ita !
<RSBM>
Gannon is 11.
A child.
<RSBM>

I totally agree these questions need answers and I suspect LE is seeking them and just not sharing those answers with us/media at this point. My experience with my own kids at this age is that they could not be willingly away from home for anywhere near this long. Really hoping that he is safe somewhere, but very very concerned with the low media profile on what direction this investigation is going.

Only note I would make that I mentioned earlier in this thread is that bloodhounds (who follow a specific person's scent track) would be tough to use in an area where a kid run's around all over the yard. With so little information given about his initial direction of travel, I don't think this is an oversight by LE, I think they just know their resources and how to best apply them.

Law enforcement has said that he’s a runaway, but their behavior doesn’t jibe with that at all.

That may mean nothing, or it could be a sign that they’ve honed on foul play and a particular person being responsible.

They may not want to risk tipping their hand.

I'm not sure if I can say this so please let me know if I can't but...there is some stuff floating around on the facebook page that could explain some of your concerns that I hope and pray is not true.
Yep. It's heartbreaking and I'm praying it's just rumors. There are two groups. One allows speculation and the other goes only for facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrismatte