CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious as to what the GF said to him as to what led to the break-up. Could it be that she told him he was too nerdy, dull, boring? I think being his first real sexual relationship he was more hurt then what he is saying. After the breakup he decided to change his image? It seems shortly after he decided to become a "bad boy" dyed his hair. Took Selfies with guns. He joined those dating websites with "Will you visit me in prison" in his diseased mind maybe he thought this would be a way to attract women. Who knows? He was one big screwed up mess. I know a very shy guy and he always complains that it's the mean, thoughtless bad boys who get the women and the really nice, sweet, caring guys are the ones girls seem to not want.

Too funny- I just posted that I found hers!!! Thanks!!! I am glad there is someone who is putting up the entire video for each day.

Wild about trials does both live streaming and archives. I switch back and forth between Croaker Queen and Wild about Trials.

Every day I here jingling at the beginning of testimonies through that channel. I'm just listening as rl I have to only do audio, but is that jingling his chains. It's wierd, but I keep looking for that answer somewhere but not on a site to see it asked and answered lol. :blush:

:seeya:

I believe JH has handcuffs on which are taken off before the court day starts. Maybe that's what you hear jingling? Them being taken off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is very late and random- its from the videos this morning, but I found JH's answer to one of the questions about God rather funny, and rather insightful. The Dr asked does God pay attention to what happens on earth, to humans, etc. And JH says "That would mean he's kind of paying attention to himself because he is everything."

(His earlier answer was that he thinks God is everything in the universe, from the smallest things to the biggest things).

This is very late and random- its from the videos this morning, but I found JH's answer to one of the questions about God rather funny, and rather insightful. The Dr asked does God pay attention to what happens on earth, to humans, etc. And JH says "That would mean he's kind of paying attention to himself because he is everything."

(His earlier answer was that he thinks God is everything in the universe, from the smallest things to the biggest things).

That's weird because he listed himself as Agnostic on one of the dating websites.

Tapatalk on your PHONE has ads? :thud: Thanks for the heads up and I will not not not update tapatalk lol as I don't have ads, and based on past experiences, I always reject updates on most apps.

And yes... about 50% of my time on WS is through my phone app of tapatalk. I guess the limiting band width that was the reason for not allowing 200 posts per page is now overdone by ads. Takes me 15 seconds to refresh on my computer with all the ads now, and that's why I use tapatalk to view threads. 15 seconds to refresh :thud: It's like dial up days :giggle:

Oddly, I haven't seen any today and I tried to find one to take a screenshot of to show y'all as an example, but I wasn't able to find one. I noticed them yesterday or the day before on the Savopoulos murder thread. Maybe the ads only show up when specific words are used (several people were discussing the suspect using Uber to travel back to DC after fleeing to Brooklyn). But... I saw one for MasterCard that same day, along with a few others I can't remember. They were labeled "featured post". It's all very perplexing!

For those saying that we should wait to see what his diagnoses are, I found a few links. His defense said in opening statements he was diagnosed with schizophrenia and experienced delusions. He says he believed President Obama was communicating to him through winks on tv in prison (known as ideas of reference). He goes as far as to say that 20 doctors all agree on the diagnoses of schizophrenia for him. I think it's pretty clear that is what he was suffering from... just not whether or not he knew his actions were wrong.

"Defense attorneys countered that Holmes suffers from schizophrenia, thought Barack Obama was communicating with him through winks and nods in public speeches..." http://mediacomtoday.com/news/read/category/Top%20News/article/the_associated_press-new_things_we_learned_about_colorado_theater_shoot-ap

"Holmes’ public defender, Daniel King, countered that 20 doctors who examined him in custody as well as the therapist who saw him before the shootings all agree he suffers from schizophrenia, a psychotic brain disease that skewed his thoughts and compelled him to kill." http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/04/27/prosecutor-2-exams-found-james-holmes-to-be-sane/

Agnostic doesn't have to mean you are a non believer.

I wasn't sure so I googled it. This was the definition:

bd23675f84397419342192b77a702bef.jpg

Don't know if y'all have seen this. It is a 28 page PDF of the Preliminary Incident Analysis by the Aurora Fire Department of the response to the Century Theater Shooting.

AuroraAnalysis.JPG
https://www.auroragov.org/cs/groups/public/documents/document/015169.pdf

Also, not sure if was posted upthread but a good video analysis and critique documentary

[video]https://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=A2KLqIUdMGlVg2IAHxwsnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTByZW c0dGJtBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDdmlkBHZ0aWQDBGdwb3MDMQ--?p=after+aurora&vid=2eaf8c6a0784e5f1693075a13f9dba9a&turl=http%3A%2F%2Fts2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DWN.v 8%252f95tPSJ19QSdg80IckFQ%26pid%3D15.1&rurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DR 2zuvOfVc8Y&tit=After+Aurora&c=0&h=225&w=300&l=2971&sigr=11bq4c3ml&sigt=10ci42lk9&sigi=121dhtk58&age=1374590018&fr2=p%3As%2Cv%3Av&fr=yhs-mozilla-003&hsimp=yhs-003&hspart=mozilla&tt=b[/video]

I believe if you search CroakerQueen (allowed recommendation at WS iirc) on youtube, she is following everyday and posting.

HTH

ETA: Sorry, was lazy... here is part 1 for CroakerQueen today... and then you can roll into part 2-5 also after that ends.

HTH

[video=youtube;dMuai7mO8Ek]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMuai7mO8Ek[/video]

When I post tweets I include croakerqueens post separate

My take on JH views of God was that he hadn't had that true born again "come to Jesus" experience that so many in jail go thru

Based on what I've seen so far...I'm sorry but JH is malingering IMHO. He doesn't hv the right answers and stumbles w too many uhhhs while he makes up an incident from his past. This shrink I am not impressed w his intelligence as well. I will continue on, but JH has admitted his murderous tendencies on tape. Yes, genius....or so they say. He is full of *advertiser censored*. He hates socializing and humanity. He is in it to win, notoriety IMHO.
and collateral damage. The notebook, we don't know if he wrote why on page each day he was there for a year.....we assume it's all an row as cnn reports, which is a grave error to make. He made this notebook to back up his claim of insanity in advance IMHO. ESP the titles. This is all for coverage. This trial is what he wanted. That and notoriety ......and now he has it.

I've been following the crime since it happened, but just picked up the trial. I'm leaning towards JH being insane. I've always thought that since evidence started coming out.

I've been following the crime since it happened, but just picked up the trial. I'm leaning towards JH being insane. I've always thought that since evidence started coming out.

The question is did he know right from wrong when he carried out the shooting. Did he have the mental capacity to understand what he was about to do was wrong and against the law. I am inclined to believe he did.

However, he has spoken about this impulse to kill which grew stronger as he got older. This is what the state of Colorado State uses as their Legal Insanity law:

COLORADO The state uses a modified version of the M'Naghten Rule with the Irresistible Impulse Test. The burden of proof is on the state.

The burden falls on the state to prove JH was legally sane when he attacked the cinema. The defence don't have to do anything (although I'm sure they will) to prove otherwise.

If the defence can convince the jury that JH acted out of 'Irresistible Impulse' they might be able to avoid the death penalty.

Here is a definition of Irresistible Influence:

A test applied in a criminal prosecution to determine whether a person accused of a crime was compelled by a mental disease to commit it and therefore cannot be held criminally responsible for her or his actions.

In most jurisdictions, a person may defend criminal charges on a ground of insanity. The Insanity Defense comes in two main forms. First, a defendant may argue that because of mental disease or defect, he or she lacked the capacity to distinguish right from wrong. This is cognitive insanity.

Second, a defendant may argue that because of mental disease or defect, she or he was unable to act in conformance with the law. This is volitional insanity, and it is known as the irresistible impulse defense. Under this defense, a defendant may be found not guilty by reason of insanity even though she or he was capable of distinguishing right from wrong at the time of the offense.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/irresistible+impulse

I'm inclined to believe he was a very intelligent guy "book smart", but lacked social skills or clues. I think he wanted to "fit in", be "normal", but his mental illness/illnesses prevented him from doing so. He studied the brain intensely. That meant that logically he knew what his illnesses may have been and that they were controlling him, but the illnesses were too strong for him to stop himself. It's probably why he never fully revealed his illness to others. Does that make him sane at the time of the shooting? Imo, no. Because a sane person would have stopped and actually sought more help.

Example... if I'm not making sense. A relative married a woman who was a nurse that developed early onset Alzheimers. She knew what would happen to her, what was happening. She'd try at times to not take her meds to kill herself and ask to be killed at times. It was very painful to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SLEUTHER TRAE PGH