CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not think this man knew his son very well.

Dad doesn't know that mom took jh to counselor because of concerns of socialization? That counselor also diagnosed him with ODD! Guess they didn't know that or forgot that too. IMO

The dad doesn't remember the shooter going to therapy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm...and he's fuzzy recall of family therapy they all attended - 10 sessions worth? If they met therapist once a week, that's 2 1/2 months...he doesn't remember any problems? Maybe something he doesn't want to remember, strange IMO.

I'm getting the impression this is where this is going. I hope not because that would piss me off.

I don't think that's how it will go. I think GB is just pointing out that the upbringing wasn't as perfect as the defence would have us believe.

I do not think this man knew his son very well.

My son who just graduated college didn't want me to contact him all the time and would tell me if I didn't stop he wouldn't talk to me. He wanted to prove his independence. He never talked to me about his personal stuff and what he did.
He's. got his act totally together so I don't necessarily think that means anything.

I don't think that's how it will go. I think GB is just pointing out that the upbringing wasn't as perfect as the defence would have us believe.

Lol. I don't think anyone has a perfect upbringing.

My poor kids. I'm always asking them what they are up to. What they plan to do both now and in the future. They must feel like I'm always in their business! Mr Holmes didn't know much at all about his son or his life.

I think you're right - I don't thing GB will blame the parents, just point out it wasn't all Disneyland and swimming with dolphins, and that JH might well have concealed that he was troubled from his parents, IMO

So, this is a family whose members are detached from each other. Really not unusual these days, but does sound dysfunctional.

So, this is a family whose members are detached from each other. Really not unusual these days, but does sound dysfunctional.

I wonder if something specific happened to cause that detachment or did it happen naturally.

So we won't see the mother today. Seems like tomorrow will be the rest of the recorded testimony from Friday and Mrs H.

My poor kids. I'm always asking them what they are up to. What they plan to do both now and in the future. They must feel like I'm always in their business! Mr Holmes didn't know much at all about his son or his life.

Some 20 year old adults are very private. My friends sons in college are private as well. They don't call their parents to tell them they are partying with the fraternity and all that's going on.

Anyone one bet..parent's may have considered MAYBE he was GAY?? ( closeted) ..due to his teen years, college years (no interest in girls) etc..Maybe relieved he had a GF ( Data) who had just broken up with him..so used his Mono health issue to excuse his lack of interest etc...

I do think his parent's had no clue..and J. used every avenue to avoid letting his parents, outside people, maintained all social moray's in order not to be outed...lied to therapists...quit even trying to succeed...WHY?? because some want to suggest.."Floodgates" opened..But if you consider..it was only after he realized that neuroscience post-Grad wasn't going to work out..Med's didn't cure him..he had already setup an alibi of MI..found lots of folks he could blame..upbringing, therapists, hated mankind for decades>>Did those floodgates open....

Then I hear this family history..The more I realize yes J has issues.."Personality Disorder" and has absolutely NO ability to empathize with anybody..including his folks, friends etc....That in a nutshell describes something very well known by anyone who ever dealt with such a person!!

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...ality-disorder/basics/definition/con-20025568Narcissistic personality disorder
Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for admiration and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of ultraconfidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

What's sounds dysfunctional? JH was in his twenties. Boys are different then girls. My niece in college is much different then my Nephews in college.

Whatever the situation was between JH and his sister, I doubt Mr B will get JH's father to spill it.

What's sounds dysfunctional? JH was in his twenties. Boys are different then girls. My niece in college is much different then my Nephews in college.

The father's demeanor and testimony indicates he hardly knew his son.

Most kids in college are trying to gain independence not stay attached to mom and dads apron strings. Especially boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member