CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
My oldest is 11 and she is allowed to ride her bike from the neighbor on the right's mailbox to the neighbor on the left's mailbox- and only when an adult is outside. Then again there is a 8 year old that rides her bike around the neighborhood, going to several friend's houses, with no supervision till well after dark. I'm not blaming J's mother at all..its not her fault and I'm sure she'll beat herself up over this the rest of her life. Its just that this is the world we live in now- everyone has to be aware.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

It has always upset me that my sister allows her children to roam the neighborhood (and has since they were very little - age 5 or so) without any supervision. She feels that since she knows her neighbors, that they will all watch out for each others' children. So-called safe neighborhoods are often where these kinds of things happen.

yah, I agree about this guy. I personally think JR was at the Countryside rec ctr on the way to school that morning (even though it was out of the way) and was contacted by someone who was there. employee? friend? visitor? lurker?
I think she may have been attempting to change into clothes that she was not allowed to wear. If she was seen changing or complimented and engaged in flattery of some sort, she have gone along with someone willingly at first.

I'm getting more interested in this guy. If he was familiar with all these recreation area's and parks maybe he saw little Jessica at the park where she met up with her friends to go to her school. Maybe he saw her a few times and possibly even stalked her. I do feel this guy could have escalated to like what happened to Jessica. Maybe he was a transient hanging out at parks,recreation area's ect...I'm wondering where he went for a about a year? What happened? Was he arrested or something? Jail time maybe for another offense? I am interested in this guy.

Was Jessica found near a park or recreation area?

I'm really interested and want to know more if anyone knows in this little girls attempted abduction?

Recap of the Incidents:
Attempted Child Abduction Incidents
On Saturday, November 12, 2011, just after 3:00 p.m. in the area of Danny Kendrick Park (7000 Ward Road) and the Apex Recreation Center. Arvada Police were called to the area on a report of an attempted child abduction involving a 12-year-old Arvada girl.

http://apexprd.org/arvada-police-release-composite-sketch-child-abduction-attempts

Would someone please answer this question I have?
Did the mother work 2nd or 3rd shift??

If the answer is' yes', WHO kept that beautiful 10 yr. old while the mother worked the night shift?

I think the aunt lived there too.

Weird because it seems to contradict the strong stance most LE has taken with most missing childern being murdered by their parents. I think I have even seen them state the percentage was as high as 90 something percent.

I was under that impression as well! I thought stranger murders of children was *much* rarer. I know stranger abductions are pretty rare, but guess I also thought that stranger murders of children were as well.

Thanks SoulMagnet
It is definitely a sad & scary time for us families in the area.
MOST of us have been keeping our kids extra close but it is shocking to me that some have fallen back into their normal routines of walking to the bus stops alone.
Wish I had more to add to be helpful, but I'm new to WS and am waiting patiently for news that this is all going to come to a close soon.

Dont stop keeping your kids close and watching out for other peoples children as well. After Sophia was murdered 2 other local girls were abducted as well at the same time and their map look alot like the first. In relation to his job and home. 6 miles from where he lived with placing the body 19 miles from where he abducted her.

Marc stalked school buses ,so watch who is behind those. Marc had many friends and didnt really seem like a guy who had time to this ,he had routine. He had a good job he worked for years he didnt live alone. Often used other peoples cars. He lived with his mom. When they went on vacation is when he abducted the girls.He planned it out and if I was on the FBI I would really want tips leading me to people with unhealthy addiction to *advertiser censored*. Not to turn you into a witchhunter but be very worried about the nice guy with the weird *advertiser censored* habbits. I think this guy will be alot like Marc .

I thought about this case (couldn't seem to avoid it) all evening yesterday. The thought that kept niggling in the back of my mind was the feeling that this case keeps calling to my mind that of Jorelys Rivera. Her murderer, Ryan Brunn was a maintenance/groundskeeper in her apartment complex. He abused her corpse in an effort to hide his crime.

Once that connection was made I realized that despite the fact that Jessica's remains were apparently desecrated, this may be this perp's first murder, as I believe it was for Ryan Brunn in Georgia, when he brutally murdered young Jorelys and disposed of her in a trash compactor.

I was making the leap that anyone who kidnaps a child, murders him/her and then dismembers the corpse (allegedly) is a seasoned predator/murderer.

Now I am looking at this case with fresh eyes, trying not to make those assumptions so quickly.

As to where the found remains were dumped, I think they were meant to go inside that nearby culvert/drain. I think he got spooked when dumping them and bailed before depositing them where he intended, hence they seemed to be dumped right out in the open, which doesn't support the reason for dismemberment/abuse of corpse being for reasons of slowing/preventing them being found and subsequent IDing of them.

The statistics about who actually commits the murders aren't concrete, I do not believe. Many times, the children are never found, never confirmed to be deceased, and no one is ever charged with a crime. I take those stats with a grain of salt generally.

That was not a statistic. It was a study of actual cases.

But I do think that many of the minors that have been classified as runaways have been victims of pedophiles and are most likely dead and that is why they are never found.

I also don't believe stranger abduction is as rare as they claim. There are many missing/murdered people each year that are either never found or no one is ever charged with a crime. If you don't know who did that many crimes, you really cannot develop accurate statistics.

Would someone please answer this question I have?
Did the mother work 2nd or 3rd shift??

If the answer is' yes', WHO kept that beautiful 10 yr. old while the mother worked the night shift?

She worked the night shift causing her to have to sleep during the day.

There are three adult females living in the home.

imo

I don't either, except that people tend to raise their kids as they were raised.

as a kid in the 70's, I was free roaming. we just had to come in when the streetlights came on.
In elementary school, I walked home alone, across major intersections and next to empty parks and woods.
The neighborhood kids & I could go into any of the wooded areas (now houses) to play, pick berries, etc. we even played by the brook by ourselves. no one worried about us drowning or anything.

I don't agree with this kind of freedom in this day and age. but a lot of people do it b/c that's how it was when they were young.

I just do not understand why people allow their children to walk to school alone (or play at the park or even outside their home unsupervised) these days. Not knowing cannot be used as an excuse anymore. We all know what can and does happen. Pretending it won't happen to you or your family isn't going to deter someone.

she did not watch her walk to the park. she saw her out the door and closed it.

Where in my post did I say anything about anyone specific? Did you miss the other post about the statistics referring to child abductions and murders? The fact that in 60% of cases two hours elapses before anyone notices the child is missing IS DISTURBING. That is what I was referring to, but go ahead and continue to take my posts out of context.

I don't either, except that people tend to raise their kids as they were raised.

as a kid in the 70's, I was free roaming. we just had to come in when the streetlights came on.
In elementary school, I walked home alone, across major intersections and next to empty parks and woods.
The neighborhood kids & I could go into any of the wooded areas (now houses) to play, pick berries, etc. we even played by the brook by ourselves. no one worried about us drowning or anything.

I don't agree with this kind of freedom in this day and age. but a lot of people do it b/c that's how it was when they were young.

That doesn't make it right or ok. When I was young, child safety seats were not required for children or even babies. I never rode in one. But, my children surely were put in safety seats.

To me, I really think it amounts more to laziness. People believe that since it is a rare occurrence, they don't have to worry about it, and believe it is an acceptable risk since it is low.

Another question I have and God bless and comfort her family, but I thought she lived with her mom, and her mom's mom and someone else. Is this true? If so, did they work?? And yes, what did she do all summer? As a single parent I feel so bad for my kids during the summer -- not much for them to do in this 108 constant heat we have here.

Quoting myself here cause I'm curious - who all lived in the home and did they work?? Not sleuthing, just trying to see when the perv may have had opportunity.

she did not watch her walk to the park. she saw her out the door and closed it.

Oh really. I had not read that. I read that she watched her until she was out of sight. When was this info stated? Not questioning you just surprised. jmo

no helmet laws in CO - not even for motorcycles and ATV's.

I know there are no helmet laws here in Colorado, but most parents who would have a child on a bike with them would have a helmet on them. I for one notice and say to myself or my spouse "look at that stupid parent who doesn't have a helmet on a their child" and would remember the incident. (especially if they are riding around in the snow which would seem bizarre on its own). I just don't find it plausible that this guy doesn't have a motor vehicle (or access to one). Just my opinion.

This monster had to have a 'reason', good excuse for being in that neighborhood at that time of the morning...so how did he get there is a question IF he didn't live there....jmo
He could have been driving to work and saw an opportunity. Does anyone know if the police have done road checks on the street to see who exactly passes this way during the time frame? That is how Russell Williams got the attention of police investigating the disappearance of Jessica Lloyd. They set up a road block a week after she disappeared to see who regularly passed by. Of course, the person could have changed his route but you never know.

Weird because it seems to contradict the strong stance most LE has taken with most missing childern being murdered by their parents. I think I have even seen them state the percentage was as high as 90 something percent.

Sorry if someone has already spoken to this-I always seem to be running way behind.

I could be wrong, but I have read this research, and I think these stats are specific to child abduction murders-not to child deaths/murders as a whole. Most children who are sadly murdered by parents or caregivers are not abducted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member