CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
:twocents:

I think the remains were meant for the culvert/drain pipe area. He was either interrupted or spooked before accomplishing that or animal scavengers dragged the bagged remains out from culvert area and that is why a garbage bag was found near the remains according to some early reports.

How often do the culverts get cleaned? Monthly? Every six months? Is it a little too coincidental that Jessica was placed in the pipe (or very close to it) within a few days of the maintenance crew being there. I suspect there is a good chance he knew that that particular culvert was scheduled for maintenance and that therefore she would be found that week, which ties in with the theory he wanted her found, in that condition, so his "handiwork" would be seen when it was fresh enough to see what he had done. Who has access to the culvert and road maintenance schedule?

I've thought about paying my respects at Pattridge Park but I'm just so torn about it.

In 200o, my uncle and 10 year old cousin were murdered in Florida and I never was able to go back to their house.

Maybe next week I'll get some courage and will go to Pattridge.

The sooner they find out the better as we all know. Halloween is coming up, haunted houses, parties and trick or treat. Prime time for this nutcase to strike again.
Kids are still walkig around out there alone and it would not surprise me at all if some actually go door to door alone.
Please let them find him very fast.

Anyone know of any resources online in which I can do more reading on the criminal mind? I used to study it on my own but that was 15 years ago and I'm assuming we've come a long way since then. "Back then" most believed that killers/kidnappers had a certain "type" that they wouldn't go away from but it's looking like in the last few years they are moving away from this theory - or at least there are exceptions.

Probably somebody here is keen to something online. I learned tons over the years reading Ann Rule's books if your a reader.

No, I think you're probably right. It's been years and years since I read The Stranger Beside Me, and it's possible I'm confusing his own opinion of his own intelligence with the actual reality.

LOL now that made me laugh out loud for real! :D So true, so true. IMHO that is the foremost and biggest mistake these guys make, they are so enamored with themselves and see themselves as superior in intelligence to everyone else that they think they are smarter than LE.

That's when they mess up. I'm hoping this guy is one of those kind. JMHO

Technically closer to Lafayette, I guess. I saw one very low in a field near 95th and Valmont...

I will ask my daughter when she gets home from work. She actually was in Layfayette meeting a friend for dinner last night. She is scared but I am more scared. People have to live and this could happen at anytime of day or night she said.

I also took a closer look at the clearance under the fence near the culvert. I estimate it to be around 28 inches.

I am never able to see the pics that Footwarrior post. Is it because my post count is too low? Thanks!!

It's refreshing to know my IQ is higher than Bundy's. lol

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

If you watch the urban decay art film posted 2 years ago for a school art project, that shack is painted inside and out.

Pattridge Park on Vimeo

Knowing it is a teen hangout, most of it would be teens. Could have been used as a squat for homeless druggies or released inmates, but we don't know. People that follow the ideation of skinheads use a lot of Nazi quotes too.

Okay, so that video is creepy in retrospect....

What is that "cat/clown face " in the "window" at 00:58....???

Wonder if anyone has talked to the makers of that vid to get some hisorical perspective?

You know what might be super interesting? To figure out which families have lived in the area where the backpack was found for a very looonnng time, and ask them if they can recall any youth in the area from ions ago who might have been bullied, or seemed odd for some reason? It might be interesting to do the same thing in Jessica's area. Why? Because someone might recall someone they knew or knew of from way back when who was having a hard life, who was bullied (?), outcast (?) someone who maybe suffered a wrong in or near either area?

Was thinking perhaps the backpack placement was more a message to someone else in that area? Perhaps the perp is trying to scare someone in that area? Maybe someone has a young kid now, and the perp is using the backpack as a means to threaten someone that this could happen to them too for some reason?

Ok, I'm probably a little too outside the box, I'll get back to thinking more inside the box now....
:truce:
Above BBM for emphasis..

No need to jump back into that tiny, lil', ol' box..lol.. As I personally think you were on a roll with your above thoughts ..and imo is a very good idea and imo a suggested approach that imo is not only a doable one..but also a "doable task" that could very well shed light on a possible suspect by taking this particular route of investigating...

A suggested task that if not already being done by the many agencies and investigators working this case(which imo is likely)...but if for whatever reason it is not thought of as a route of investigating then I certainly hope that the investigators whose task is to read here on the www all the very many discussions regarding Jessica's case(including ours here at WS)... I hope they make note of this particular avenue as a very real possibility to solicit new, unknown information from those in the neighborhood that are an untapped treasure trove of quite possibly helpful knowledge..

I think that your "outside of the box" thinking is actually great if you ask me..lol and yes, I realize no one did ask me but I still gave my opinion..;)

wasn't the back pack in a paper bag as if this person was organized and taunting the police? I saw the video on youtube and the bag seemed to be large and neatly folded at the top.

This along with the dismemberment shows a seasoned criminal to me.

I hope that this doesn't become like Hailey Cummings, Hailey Dunn, baby Lisa and Joshua Davis Jr. Unsolved.

Of course the difference here is that LE have a body.

It's refreshing to know my IQ is higher than Bundy's. lol

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

are you still at guitar lessons?! LOL :lol: Geez, I don't even know what mine is... Heck the guy fooled Ann Rule! (weren't they friends or something?)

I don't think a causal relationship exists between watching a television show or movie, and a person deciding to commit a murder.

What does undoubtedly happen, though, is with the proliferation of gratuitous, extremely graphic murder-for-giggles sorts of entertainment -- and there is a lot of it -- is a normalization of concepts that were not as normalized before the advent of these shows.

For instance, I'm a kid of the 80s and my parents were not watching shows with themes about serial killers who dismember, or child rape. Not that those things weren't happening, because they were, but 'dismemberment' as a word was not common parlance in popular culture. Even Law & Order did not start until the 90s.

So it's the normalization and spread of concepts throughout popular culture that I'm interested in, and how that influences how we think about such things and if that has an influence on what people who choose to murder, choose to do with their victims or their bodies afterwards.

The saying "theres nothing new under the sun" comes to mind. How about being drawn and quartered, and body parts and entrails displayed all over the countyside for young and old to view as a penalty for high treason? It's part of history and I was taught about it in school. It seems that punishment was reserved for men, women were simply burnt at the stake.

Personally, from everything I've read, I think this is a typical sexually motivated stranger abduction and the guy is most likely a total moron, they usually are. I think the how and why of her placement will make more sense when we find the guy and IMO he will tell LE about the crime. The dismemberment was to make things easier for him to transport. I know a lot of people here are new and I really don't mean to sound cold but you have to remember, he doesn't value or understand human life. To an abductor the abducted person evokes as much emotion to them as the telephone on the wall.

ETA

If it turns out this was NOT sexually motivated then we have a whole different thing going on here. But I would be very, very surprised if it was a stranger abduction of a child that was only for murder.

RE: I think this is a typical sexually motivated stranger abduction and the guy is most likely a total moron, they usually are

laudette, thanx for your comment, but to the contrary they seldom are morons...

Investigators have revealed that indicators are that Jessica Ridgeway's abductor/murderer is an experienced sexual predator and indicate that he will repeat. To underestimate the intelligence and determination of a a sadistic malignant psychopathic sexual predator is a grave mistake, imo.

The linked article above was released circa 1993. Noticed the mention of the Green River Serial Killer Task Force investigation. An investigation of a stranger sexual predator/serial killer.

At the time the article above was released, there were 18,000 POIs being investigated by the Green River Serial Killer Task Force. Before the case was solved that number exceeded 40,000 POIs/Suspects; folks from all walks of life; from trappers to attorneys.

Gary Ridgeway whose IQ was only in the 70s, remained stealth until 11/2001, playing cat & mouse games, and was eventually identified due to upgrades in DNA/forensic technology. GR had been suspected by the task force in the early 80s, soon after the first few bodies floated up in the green river. He was subjected to multiple interviews & 2 polygraphs. Yet, managed to outsmart the best of the best elite investigators of Kings Co., WA/FBI. GR went on to claim another 40+ innocent victims before his arrest.

As we are all aware, technology has advanced tremendously over the last two decades. We are in the midst of the info/communication era. Info is only as far away as our PCs or smart phones, etc. With gps we can navigate virtually anywhere in the world, or do a virtual tour on our PCs or phones.

Experienced sexual predators/serial killers are very calculating, deflective, creative, manipulative, and whether intelligent, honed their skills, or idiot savant, etc. Stranger predators, unlike in the past, know no geographical boundaries...

And Jessica at age 10 and I believe around 70/80 pounds was close in size to a small adult. My thought is that he would maybe choose a victim smaller than himself, regardless of if that victim is a child or an adult.

One thing for sure is he chose a small enough person to easily control. I get so mad at these perp(s) that prey on people they can easily overpower.

This perp(s) in Colorado reminds me of John Gardner so much because of the way he chose such innocent victims. I cannot erase from my mind how John showed his rage in court as a victim who got away reminded him how she almost broke his nose. His "rage" he showed was the real person he was, and it only showed as he got upset with her. Prior to that, his demeanor was much calmer and you can see how people can be fooled by a person like this. He seemed almost like a nice person.

I tend to think we are dealing with a similar type person in Colorado. I think this perp has absolutely no empathy for human life.

It took me a long time to realize there are people in the world that do not have empathy for others. I am thankful we are not like them, and hopefully there are very few who fall into that category, but it is shocking to me that people even exist like that.

I live in ABQ, just down I-25 from Denver, 450 miles or so; anyway, today is a really nice day, not hot, and I just came back from a little park by an elementary school where I go to walk or get sun and the bell rang, doors opened and kids spilled out in all directions, on foot. Several small kids stopped to say to hello to me, they were alone, and others walked in groups. There must have been forty or more kids walking in all directions and more when I drove home into my own neighborhood. So, anyway.

Ok. I just read in the boulder article that the Arvada luring on 9/9 was at Quaker acre park. Jessica's body was found near Quaker st and the recent "misunderstood" Arvada luring was at Quaker ct and 2nd st. I know they are considered unrelated but it's very coincidental.
Also the suspect in the ketner lake and Fittzmorris elem luring was desc as late teen to 30. The misunderstood Arvada lurer was 18.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57