CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, sorry, but you have not yet provided any evidence as of yet that there was not a witness as stated by LE. I wish you would, as I am open minded, but I do rely on facts, not personal judgement.

I don't have the kind of proof that would convince you, other than stuff you've already dismissed (scanner etc) and the fact that this was *never* brought up again in any MSM or press release I've seen. I'll admit I hadn't seen that single (vague) comment before, but that's because it was apparently never brought up again by LE, unless they meant the Mom, who was the only "witness" as far as the official record goes.

So we're at "agree to disagree".

I have tried looking to see if the anyone mentioned that maybe the cross was a Vacation bible school craft? Looks like something we might have done in VBS- maybe a counselor or older student?

Just an ideas as I'm trying to get and stay caught up.

A couple of people on the Westminster PD facebook page said they recognize the cross as one that's given out to members of a local parish.

Fox- Would you hear helicopter's flying outside in your town? Or see possible roadblocks? I commend you for being so informed Nationally but personally I also want to know what's going on in my town. Not sure how you do it :)

Don't want to derail the thread further, but to answer your question: My local NPR affiliate has a morning podcast, but as far as I know, not on Saturdays. I skim the Boston Globe every so often, but not with any regularity. As for helicopters, this may be because I grew up in D.C., but I'd assume it was some military thing and not think much of it.

It's not that I actively avoid news about my town, but due to work and academic interests, my attention is on the national and international more of the time.

Personal habits aside, my point was mostly that you don't have to be intentionally avoiding all world news to be unaware of an abduction that happened less than 48 hours prior, especially on the weekend.

Few things? Has it been discussed if Jessica's mother had a boyfriend? We know the dad lived in Missouri and was at work and in court on that day. They ruled out the mother also. Did/does she have a boyfriend/lover?

Also the listserv message is chilling to me. Not because I think the guy did it. Just the way it's worded. Backpack with Jessica Ridgeway on it. Come and get it.

This was sent at Sunday at 1pm. The man went over 40 hours not knowing a girl was abducted just 6 miles from his house.

I also was creeped out by that wording, though I think it is only sinister-sounding because of the context and wouldn't be if it was just someone's forgotten backpack. Again, though, surely these people were thoroughly checked out by police. I cannot for a minute imagine that the FBI would not confirm these people's whereabouts during the time Jessica went missing.

JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Actually my timing is wrong. When the man posted the message it had been 53 hours since she went missing and about 46 since police became involved.

Well....I guess that would mean he had a vehicle.

Im thinking he was a walker, a jogger, a runner, a nose picker. He overpowered Jessica and walked her to his vehicle. I meant he didn't pick her up while driving his vehicle. Why do I have to explain this:banghead:

A woman in Maine claimed that she saw Jessica in the back seat of a car. She was considered a witness until Jessica's backpack was found ... and then her body. After that, this "witness" sighting was pretty much ruled out.

http://q961.com/missing-colorado-girl-jessica-ridgeway-spotted-in-dexter-maine/

Yes, and if you read my last post with a link in it, LE has said, in a press conference, that there was a witness to confirm that she was walking to school that morning. What does the witness in Maine have to do with that? Yes, maybe a witness can be proven to be wrong, but no reason to suspect that here, as we KNOW she left the house alive, and that she started off walking. On top of that there are very good reasons that LE does not continually mention having such a witness - they have officially ruled out the family, so no need to reaffirm that JR did leave to walk to school, and second, why provide information that they will be using in a court case when there is no need. not to mention to shelter the witness...

I just don't get why some people want to believe that there is no prof that she ever left, despite the fact that we all know that she did. There even could be 10 witnesses, never disclosed to us by LE. the point is, this one was, albeit, briefly and quickly.

Please forgive typos, typing fast on an iPad gets me in trouble every time.

Few things? Has it been discussed if Jessica's mother had a boyfriend? We know the dad lived in Missouri and was at work and in court on that day. They ruled out the mother also. Did/does she have a boyfriend/lover?

Also the listserv message is chilling to me. Not because I think the guy did it. Just the way it's worded. Backpack with Jessica Ridgeway on it. Come and get it.

This was sent at Sunday at 1pm. The man went over 40 hours not knowing a girl was abducted just 6 miles from his house.

I believe the mother was asked in that video interview where she had all her family with her, and said she did not have a boyfriend.

I also was creeped out by that wording, though I think it is only sinister-sounding because of the context and wouldn't be if it was just someone's forgotten backpack. Again, though, surely these people were thoroughly checked out by police. I cannot for a minute imagine that the FBI would not confirm these people's whereabouts during the time Jessica went missing.

JMO

"Come and get it", like a taunting.

I don't think it matters whether person A or B posted the message. There is no connection between the person that posted the message and the murder of Jessica.

You are right. Makes no matter, just another version to deal with. That is what I was asking about for my own edification. tyvm

I am bad about not watching the news- I occasionally skim it online- or click if something piques my interest on FB but w/my iPhone, Sirius Radio and Netflix, I rarely even see or watch commercial broadcasting- this could be someone who isn't glued to his FB and doesn't watch TV- and didn't hear the news. I have missed some things around here bc of that- if someone tells me something news related I go back and look it up but I'm guilty of not watching or listening.

Think his email was just to be quick and concise w/o a lot of wordiness- just to the point.

Respectfully, I think you have some of the facts mixed up.

The backpack was seen at approximately 1:00 am on Sunday 7 October by the homeowner whose house it was next to. He thought it had been left by a neighbourhood child, so he didn't do anything about it until he posted a 'found' notice on the neighbourhood listserv, which is when someone on the listserv alerted him to the significance of the name.

Jessica disappeared at approximately 8:30 am on Friday 5 October.

So the backpack was left just over a day and a half after Jessica disappeared.

There is a designated open area between Westminster (where Jessica disappeared) and Superior (where the backpack was found). I think the geography of the area led area people to think it was something that was centred on Westminster with no reason to think there would be a Superior connection.

The initial LE perimeter was a 5 mile radius from Jessica's house; the backpack was just over 6 miles from Jessica's house, so just outside the search perimeter.

So someone in LE..or with knowledge of the perimeter? I dont think someone off the street would just know that info would they?

Even if police were taking her disappearance seriously on Friday, I would guess that not everyone else was, until the end of the weekend, into Monday. 10-year olds have wandered off before.

I haven't caught up yet, so I'm sorry if this has been mentioned already today. A couple of observations on the marks on the cross:<SNIP>
2) I woke up this morning thinking about the "S" on the other side of the cross. Please say if this has already been brought up and/or debunked: What if it is a crude map??? Thinking if someone drew a map, they'd put the location where Jessica was captured in the "middle." Using that, the bottom left line - for example - is where her body (or part) was found. The line extending from the "middle" up to the left could be pointing to where the backpack was found. The top line, which angles to the "east" is pointing at....what???? There are several parks and open space areas up there near Dillon Rd and Northwest Pkway where that line points.
<SNIP>
IF the marks were all made by the same instrument (point 1, above), it would be difficult to draw a "map" to any sort of scale, so the lengths may not be completely relevant but perhaps the general angles.
<SNIP>
OK - so that's my big thought for the day: WHAT IF IT'S A MAP?

(Also: very difficult to type, but I am not convinced they have all of her yet)
I had mentioned this a few days ago. My guess is that there's something belonging to her close to the Jiffy Lube by Hecia Lake. MOO

Nothing personal but the man that found the backpack must have been pretty unaware. The backpack was found less than a mile from her house correct? I'm sure the news on the morning of the 6th lead with the Amber Alert. Going that full day having no clue is being cut off from the world. Not in anyway saying he's involved just completely unaware. I live close enough to a school that in my comings and goings if something major was going on i'd notice.
I seldom know what's going on in the town where I live, and almost never in the neighboring towns a few miles away. I don't own a tv, and my radio is just used for background noise for my birds.

I wonder if waste collectors, especially those working in the general vicinity of a missing person, are advised to be aware of something out of the ordinary. I would imagine a bag with a torso or other remains would somehow feel different than a bag with leaves, or regular garbage. Maybe when the guys realized there was something different about that bag, they opened it and took a look. A horrible look :(
I think the men who found it probably thought someone had killed a dog or some other animal, and that's why they stopped animal control to look in the bag. I tend to think it hadn't been there that long or the smell would have been more obvious that the odd look or feel of the bag.

People keep saying that because Wesminster PD specifically said they didn't need tips on it. They are probably getting deluged with a lot of the same wild/random theories we see here, which can potentially make it harder for them to sift through more important tips.
I know the PD doesn't need information about the cross, but it could help people here with figuring out who done it! I know for a fact that I've never seen anyone in that area wearing this cross (since I've never been there), and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

<modsnip>

Yes, and if you read my last post with a link in it, LE has said, in a press conference, that there was a witness to confirm that she was walking to school that morning. What does the witness in Maine have to do with that? Yes, maybe a witness can be proven to be wrong, but no reason to suspect that here, as we KNOW she left the house alive, and that she started off walking. On top of that there are very good reasons that LE does not continually mention having such a witness - they have officially ruled out the family, so no need to reaffirm that JR did leave to walk to school, and second, why provide information that they will be using in a court case when there is no need. not to mention to shelter the witness...

I just don't get why some people want to believe that there is no prof that she ever left, despite the fact that we all know that she did. There even could be 10 witnesses, never disclosed to us by LE. the point is, this one was, albeit, briefly and quickly.

Please forgive typos, typing fast on an iPad gets me in trouble every time.

I would think it would be helpful to police to reveal WHERE she was last seen by a reliable witness (even if they don't name the witness) to help narrow it down and jog people's memories about whether they saw anything unusual in that area. Because if she was seen within a block of the friend's house, for instance, we could assume she was abducted somewhere in that block. If she was seen at Chelsea Park, somewhere between there and the friend's house.

JMO

Maybe he walked her to a vehicle. :twocents:

And maybe it was one of Jess' mother's fellow workers that she occasionally gave a ride to? Or a family member of one of those workers that talked about their friend Sarah and her daughter Jess. Someone who could have said, you just missed your friend J and I'll ride you in?

<modsnip> I never said there was "no proof she ever left", I said no one saw her after her mother *as far as official information goes*. The wording you use above also suggests someone suspects the mother, which I do not. I also don't suspect backpack guy, or anyone but an actual serial killer. However, I think he got to her very, very soon after she left the house.

<modsnip>

I have no idea if Sarah Ridgeway had a significant other, but law enforcement has publicly stated that they are investigating this as a stranger abduction. The family has been ruled out, and one would assume that includes anyone who was in a relationship with Jessica's mother.

And I'm sorry but I really don't understand why we are still rehashing this poor man who found the backpack :banghead: And now Jessica's poor mother is being brought back up again. The last thread got shut down due to people speculating about innocent parties. Can y'all take a moment to review the TOS so that we can avoid getting this one closed too? Please? :please:

So someone in LE..or with knowledge of the perimeter? I dont think someone off the street would just know that info would they?

Well I'm assuming the first night family friends, and people in the community came out and looked. The search didn't become just search team and police based until later. So a volunteer very well could have known the last place they were searching when they were told to go home Friday and Saturday night.

The focus of the search on the Saturday following her dissapearance was Jessica's neighborhood and the adjacent open space aereas. Anyone watching the local news would have that information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500