CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure if this has been posted yet, but search for "something you need to know" on youtube (user rankromcomms)

The only way this will be discussed is via a link to the MSM.

Thanks. I wasn't trying to sleuth the younger siblings, I just wondered if he knew Jessica or if it was completely random. Sorry.

The girl that 7News is interviewing looks like Jessica - blonde hair and glasses similar to Jessica.

Just remembering...

On the back of the cross, there was what looked to be an "S".

3.jpg

good thing there is no judging on how people dress around here ;)

i can be a bit "alternative" myself wearing lots of black, dr. martins, along w/ ink and piercings...etc. think of Abby on NCIS :)....
oh and im a criminal forensics major too...

...yet id never commit a crime....

I raised 4 teenage boys.I know the Goth scene very well and what all they get involved with.It's not just goth.It's getting real strange and different now.Luckly I dusted off our bibles and put us in a very charismatic pentecostal church.I said bring your goth friends with us.They didn't come.My son was saved.Yes we do serve an awesome God.IMHO.

What made him drop out of school? But he got his GED and on to colleg

I haven't read he dropped out. However, Colorado has something called co-enrollment whereby a student can enroll in college or trade school while still in high school. Tuition is paid as long as the student maintains a C average. FYI and FWIW.

imo

Thanks. I wasn't trying to sleuth the younger siblings, I just wondered if he knew Jessica or if it was completely random. Sorry.

Your post was fine. I was just making sure the answer was given appropriately. I'm glad you asked because it gave me the opportunity to explain. :blowkiss:

Is this a male Alyssa Bustamante?

Was this a killing to see what it was like to kill!Bustamante stabbed the 9-year-old girl in the chest, strangled her, sliced her throat and left her in a shallow grave covered with leaves so she could find out what it felt like to kill.

"I just *advertiser censored**ing killed someone. I strangled them and slit their throat and stabbed them now they're dead. I don't know how to feel atm [at the moment]," Bustamante wrote in her diary

http://abcnews.go.com/US/thrill-killer-alyssa-bustamante-parole-day/story?id=15538798

What made him drop out of school? But he got his GED and on to colleg

i really am not defending this sick monster.....it may sound like it based on this and my previous post...and im not attacking you at all....i have seen this brought up on some comment section on a news article too......

but my degrees for criminal forensics+homeland security w/ an emphasis on intelligence.....is after the fact, i dropped out of high school and got my GED.....

why he did it? who knows. maybe he is super smart and was bored. lots of kids do it...they just want to get on to studying what they want for their career....

i did it because my family moved around a lot during my high school years, i was home schooled for a year and just decided to take my GED and go to college early...

again, not defending him....but i see some stereotyping being done (not just here)....that is really a disservice to many innocent smart people: dressed in black/goth *gasp*.....got his GED *gasp*....wanted to be a mortician *gasp*...is a gamer *gasp*

none of those are indictive of the monster he is and i hope that people wont label those things as something negative just because this monster could fall under those labels....

Justice for Jessica!

We must make some sense out of this horrible horrible thing. We must learn something from this in order to prevent another child from having the same fate. I will help in that cause.

Great work LE, State Police and FBI and all others that made this happen. If we do find that WS played any role in him confessing to his family, then WAY TO GO WS!

THANK GOD. Just saw the news. Praise his mother too. It is so easy to be in denial or fall into "protect your own" mentalities. I can't imagine what she is going through right now, but she did the right thing here.

I also swear that his booking photo looks like a different person than some of the photos being posted. Like, legitimately a different person. I guess maybe he lost some weight and the lighting may make a difference?

It doesn't really surprise me, but that's probably because nothing really surprises me anymore. I know someone else mentioned the candy man, and I had thought about that too. He doesn't look a whole lot like the sketch, but I think the sketch was based mainly on descriptions from young kids. I can see 13 year-olds thinking he's good looking; I often look at boys young girls idolize and wonder what they see in them.

The girl that 7News is interviewing looks like Jessica - blonde hair and glasses similar to Jessica.

She did, didn't she?? Very well spoken too... said he usually only hung around girls and was quiet- only wanted to play "Capture the flag" when they were younger. Seems he was a 'loner' his whole life.

7News just said he was last enrolled in school in July, he didn't graduate but did get his GED- so he left school a year early???

Yeah, I was waiting to pick up my child at school as the press conference was taking place and thinking about that. My assumption is that killers in these types of cases are 20-40 yo white men. That was the way it used to work.

I think the cultural of violence has changed and we as a society are just catching up. Maybe mental illness is manifesting earlier? Maybe there's something about our society where a 17-year-old--apparently a high school graduate and college freshman--can do this. He's the same age as Dylan Klebold was--17, almost 18 (and Eric Harris was barely 18). Columbine is hardly the only high school shooting that's taken place in the last decade. Maybe we're not connecting the dots when it comes to heinous crimes by teen males against random people or complete strangers?

Moral panics run in cycles. Back in the 1980s, there was a whole panic about child perp crimes. Lawmakers responded with a bunch of really bad ideas and laws, like boot camp type sentences for minor violations.

And then everyone was all surprised to find out that a) it didn't work and b) some kids were killed in those boot camps due to the horrendous conditions the personnel were allowed to institute on the philosophy of being tough on crime.

My heart is breaking..but Im so glad this monster was arrested. 17 years old. What is going on in the world? 2 brothers aged 15 abd 17 were arrested for another murder yesterday!

God bless LE who've worked so hard on this case.
JUSTICE FOR JESSICA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member