CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the mom watched her walk down the street as part of their "little ritual". Guess I read that wrong.. Oh well.... what do I know I am just a reader.

Well, the "ritual" remark was something I said in a comment upthread, probably in thread #1, so now I'm wondering whether the mother ever actually said anything, or whether the watched-out-of-sight are words just attributed to her.

On HLN just now they showed part of the interview with Mom. She said Jessica walked out of the house and I closed the door. Nothing about that she left with a friend. :what:

I guess we just have to wait for the whole interview.
I'm very disappointed w/HLN for cutting the interview and saying they'll show the rest in a half hour. So that we can hear about Sandusky's day? We know where he is.

This pisses me off, because every minute counts for Jessica!

If they are going to do this, why not on day 1 or 2? I don't get it. They could be way ahead on computer contents, etc...

I agree; why did they not search home on Friday/Saturday. Why not Sunday/Monday after backpack was found?

Is this standard operating procedure?

Could they have new leads that would cause the house search NOW?

If Jessica was walking with another child, obviously that child is ok since no other abduction was reported. I wander what that child has said? It seems that if Jessica was forced into a vehicle, the other child would have ran for help or said something to someone at the school.

Wouldn't you think?

I'm in CO, and felt hink since the first report right after the Amber Alert here. I'm just glad LE is being so thorough, considering all possibilities, like using flashlights last night to see if Jessica was hiding in any neighborhood cars, while also searching fields. Working multiple scenarios simultaneously. The main thing is she be found ASAP. Praying she's alive and well, somehow.

snippet from the interview - what an odd thing to say:

"Will C. Holden OCTOBER 9, 20122:44 PM
Jessica Ridgeway’s mother, Sarah, was just asked about any insinuations that she had kidnapped Jessica. Her response:
“I know I didn’t do anything. Everybody in this room knows I didn’t do anything. I know Jeremy (father) didn’t do anything. Everybody who knows me, knows her and knows our family knows we didn’t do anything.” "

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/08/live-blog-search-continues-for-jessica-ridgeway/

What's odd about this? Sounds like she gave a straight up answer to me.

I agree; why did they not search home on Friday/Saturday. Why not Sunday/Monday after backpack was found?

Is this standard operating procedure?

Could they have new leads that would cause the house search NOW?

I thought there had been earlier searches?

Nothing that's happened so far is inconsistent with finding new fingerprints on the water bottle/backpack/contents, checking the house for that person's presence, and removing items that person touched. It would imply the person is someone known to the family, but not an immediate family member because you'd expect to find their prints and DNA all over everything.

I posted it last night, but search for Douglas C. here http://www.coloradoicac.com/arrests/2008.html

I couldn't help but look up the one for Iowa considering we here are looking for Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins...and the first article that came up on the side bar was a man who was in Council Bluffs with a connection to CO.

http://www.iaicac.org/news/Pages/news-20120927.aspx

and another on the same day

http://www.iaicac.org/news/Pages/news-20120928.aspx

Strange coincidence?? Or is there a bigger connection here...some sort of child *advertiser censored* ring?

:banghead:

sorry for where this falls but i was just reading Jessica blog on KDVR and her mom said in upcoming interview.... “I watch her walk out the door with her friend, who said she was walking too. That was the last time I saw her.

who is this friend...wouldnt she know exactly where and with whom Jessica left with?

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/08/live-blog-search-continues-for-jessica-ridgeway/

BBM:

That seems sorta weird and out of place to say. Did she ask the friend if she was walking? :waitasec:

If Jessica was walking with another child, obviously that child is ok since no other abduction was reported. I wander what that child has said? It seems that if Jessica was forced into a vehicle, the other child would have ran for help or said something to someone at the school.

Wouldn't you think?

Could it be for protection/privacy of the other child (& fam.)...or does that only happen on tv?

I keep hearing the words "open space," I know that that means, but is that a Colorado phrase? LOL I am used to hearing park or field.

Just wondering.

They aren't fields, they are lands "open" to the public and protected nature areas with hiking/biking trails. :)

I keep hearing the words "open space," I know that that means, but is that a Colorado phrase? LOL I am used to hearing park or field.

Just wondering.

Open space usually refers to publicly owned land that is left in a natural state instead of being landscaped.

We keep seeing this over and over, i.e. FBI/LE coming in to tear apart the home days or even weeks later. I do not understand why searching the house from end to end is not done within the first 24 hours in every case. I know there is not a standard protocol for missing children, but this one thing should be, in my opinion. Make sure the child is not in the house and that no sign of a crime in the house exists. This can be done while searching is happening out of doors.

I have never put much into TV interviews with the families. Everybody reacts to things differently so just because I think I would react in a certain way does not make it the right way.

If my child was missing, I would probably be operating on no sleep and under heavy sedatives. The public would probably draw the wrong conclusions due to that.

What's odd about this? Sounds like she gave a straight up answer to me.

IMO, the whole interview and seeing the question asked of her may help with context. I agree with the poster it seems odd phrasing, to me, as a snippet. For one, the focus. I, we, rather than Jessica. Everyone's different but if my child was missing and someone asked abt skeptics saying I was involved, I'd probably say something like, "My only focus is getting Jessica home and safe as soon as possible. Thinking of what she may be going through...! My life and Jessica's is an open book for investigators. I've given them full access to everything and will continue to until my baby's home safe. Jessica, if you see this baby, we're coming for you, honey." Think Desiree, Kyron's mom. maybe the full interview looks better.

Not saying a family member is involved at all. I think people are just noticing details.

Moo

Could it be for protection/privacy of the other child (& fam.)...or does that only happen on tv?
That was my first thought. Why put a second child at risk?

How long will it take the media to divulge the name of the second child?

As each day goes by, with the exception of a miracle or divine intervention, the odds of a happy ending diminish considerably..as it has so many times before.. It is a very sad day for Public Safety when the best outcome that we can hope & pray for is Justice for the innocent victim/s..

Man gets life sentence in Ga. girl's killing..
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/jan/18/man-gets-life-sentence-in-ga-girls-killing/

Speaking softly in court and with little emotion, 20-year-old Ryan Brunn quietly detailed Tuesday how he lured Jorelys Rivera (JOR'-ih-lees ruh-VEHR'-uh) into a vacant apartment, molested her, beat and stabbed her to death and stuffed her body into a trash bin.

The girl disappeared when she left the apartment complex's playground to get sodas for her friends. Brunn told the judge he used her lost roller skate to coax her into the unit in the complex where he had worked for about a month and forced her to undress.

"I didn't want her to go home and tell her mom or dad on me," Brunn said. "So I cut her."

:what: Washington State! First thought...Lindsey Baum...and I was thinking about her earlier and even checked the map for distance from McCleary to Colorado to Wyoming. What are the chances?

In case no one has answered you, I posted something earlier today regarding Kayelynn, the girl who was abducted in Wyoming. The description of the abductor given at first was a man with white hair, white goatee. IIRC, he was 50-60 y.o.

I've noticed that later updates have changed the description a little to say strawberry blond or white hair. Also, the first report I read of the abductor's vehicle said a white van or SUV. That was changed to a white SUV, possibly a Suburban.

It would be great if you've made an important connection!

ETA: Ooops, sorry! I quoted the wrong post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74