CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got in from class and there's no way I can speed read fast enough to catch up with y'all. Could someone just hit the high points as to major developments for me. Please and TY!

Wow what took that tree down? Seems like a weird spot to blame high winds

It is possible that the tree was determined to be a safety hazard for investigators & pushed over by the fire department snorkel/telescopic platform.

LE in New Hampshire has said that the car is not related to this case. We are still waiting on an ID of the body because it was not intact. There is speculation as to whether it was an intentional dismemberment, or animal activity that caused this.

Oh no!!! :(

Just got in from class and there's no way I can speed read fast enough to catch up with y'all. Could someone just hit the high points as to major developments for me. Please and TY!

So far, they( LE) have just confirmed body is not intact, media is saying dismembered

Please have a look at this image. Give attention to number 5 below. It is frequented by area residents. It is a popular place to visit, and locally it is believed by some to be haunted, the site itself being in some way connected to the Leyden Mine Disaster.

I propose that the perpetrator(s) was familiar with the location where the victim's body was discovered.

x - Location of body
1 - Culvert
2 - Fence post
3 - Fallen Tree
4 - Abandoned building
5 - Abandoned buildings
6 - Pullover

body_location_013_zps278e94cf.jpg

body_location_006_1_zpsabd21987.jpg

Sounds like the car has been explained. Check that one off to a bad gut feeling... Once again, it's all pointing to statistics. Wondering why I am trying to veer away from them lately?

What are the NR and ON decals on back of the car

Naval reserve,National reserve????

I'm sorry, but if residents are waiting for an ID and to determine if there's a murderer around, Jessica sure didn't walk to that spot or whoever the body is, didn't put themselves there. The fact that a person was already driving around trying to have contact with children before this case says any child was in danger of being abducted. Not to mention the fact there's missing children and missing adults all over the US everyday. No child should be without supervision of an adult, not even in groups. It's not just girls in danger, boys are taken at bus stops with other children there. The public should not live in fear, just make sure your children are always being watched by trusted adults.

Look at the pages and pages of missing persons on websleuths and you'll see...

Oh geesh Zola, graffiti, gangs or young people hang out.

Young people. Not many gangs like roughing it out in the open space, I assume it is a common drinking spot for local teens

Me too Momtective. I saw the brief "no news Presser" this morning at 8:45 est and just got back home about 30 min ago 3:30 est.

From what I see so far....
1. LE has not confirmed nor denied the body found is JR.
2. LE will make announcement on Friday.
3. The body was "not intact" making it difficult to positively identify.
4. Most everyone thinks it is JR but we are holding hope it is not.
5. The car found in Maine/NH is determined to belong to a woman who recently moved with 2 girls. - do not believe it is related to JR.

Did I miss anything?

My question at this point (since no way to read all today's posts) - has anyone been described as suspect? Any raids noted today into any homes in the area?

TIA..... so sad.

Anyone know if they spent time searching the opposite side of the road in the abandoned buildings???

I found this interesting and informative when I was looking up Child abductions:
http://www.atg.wa.gov/ChildAbductionResearch.aspx

Key findings:

In 74 percent of the missing children homicide cases studied, the child murder victim was female and the average age was 11 years old.

In 44 percent of the cases studied, the victims and killers were strangers, but in 42 percent of the cases, the victims and killers were friends or acquaintances.

Only about 14 percent of the cases studied involved parents or intimates killing the child.

Almost two-thirds of the killers in these cases have prior arrests for violent crimes, with slightly more than half of those prior crimes committed against children.

The primary motive for the child abduction killer in the cases studied was sexual assault.

In nearly 60 percent of the cases studied, more than two hours passed between the time someone realized the child was missing and the time police were notified.

In 76 percent of the missing children homicide cases studied, the child was dead within three hours of the abduction–and in 88.5 percent of the cases the child was dead within 24 hours.
Respectfully snipped

Let's keep that 14% in our minds for all of these cases. These parents have a lost child and should not be subjected to scrutiny by anyone other than LE. Furthermore if LE clears them; we should all respect that and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squidsquidsquid