GUILTY CO - Jordan Vong, 7, found deceased, Denver, 6 Aug 2018 *arrests*

I don't know anything about tattoo laws in Colorado, but here in NC, a minor (under 18) must have parental approval -- at least when the tattoo shop is registered and legitimate. My co-worker's son, who was 16, wanted one, but she wouldn't give her approval. This happened about 10 years ago.

The tattoo on her face looks like it was poorly done (IMO, but I'm certainly no judge of tattoos) -- I know that prisoners can somehow get tattoos in prison, so there must be a way for a non-professional to do one. Maybe some friend of hers was able to do it, or knew someone who could.

I got one at 16 with a fake ID, at a tattoo parlor (or whatever their formal name is - don’t want to offend anyone with my improper tattoo verbiage). But I tend to think she probably knew a tattoo artist or an aspiring tattoo artist who did it for her.

Oh boredom, Kids just don't have a fighting chance here. I always complained about the super strict upbringing I had as a child. In some ways it was damaging, but I know for sure that it saved my life and I would not be typing here at 73 years old without my cruel upbringing. Yeah. double-edge sword.
Same here -- I was in a small town, neighborhood full of good kids with good parents, parents were more careful than strict, church every Sunday, I was very, very fortunate, but the times were easier in some ways, back in the 50's & 60's, although the 60's were tuff in many ways. It's so difficult to imagine the tuff neighborhoods and/or home lives where so many children live. Parents can make a lot of difference along with a loving family and lack of adverse poverty. Not all of these kids "go bad," of course, but it's doubly tuff or worse.

Friday, August 24th:
*Hearing on Advisement (@ 8:30am MT) – CO – Jordan Vong (7) (reported missing August 6, 2018, found 8/8/18) – Jennie Bunsom (16) arrested (8/8/18) & charged (8/9/18) as an adult with 1st degree murder after deliberation & 1st degree murder by a person in a position of trust (victim under the age of 12). Held without bond.
For Criminal case #D162018CR20007
8/13/18 Update: Denver District Attorney’s Office said Monday that the girl, who was not immediately identified by name, is being charged on suspicion of murder in the first-degree after deliberation and child abuse resulting in death.
8/14/18 Update: Jennie Bunsom will be tried as adult. Charged with 2 counts of 1st degree murder: Charged with first-degree murder after deliberation and first-degree murder by a person in a position of trust (victim under the age of 12). While Bunsom's juvenile hearing is still scheduled for 10 a.m. Tuesday, the district attorney's office said her appearance will be waived and the juvenile case will be dismissed in light of the adult direct filing. Next hearing is 8/16.
8/16/18 Update: Defense attorneys requested Bunsom be appointed a guardian ad litem, meaning someone to investigate what would be in the best interest of the child. No parents or family members were present in the courtroom. Next Status hearing on 12/13 for case #D692017JVD847 in Juvenile court.
8/18/18 Update: Hearing on Advisement today in Adult Criminal court, 8/24.

Just looking through the "Recent Crime in Montbello" article from The Denver Post, looking for "4970 Fairplay St." and saw an entry for Monday, June 18. I'm not going to show it here, but it was interesting...

Montbello's Recent Crime Report: Denver Crimes

It was mentioned up thread that this was also the day that her favorite rapper, who may be the reason she has the broken heart and three X's tattoo on her face, was robbed and murdered.

His name was XXXTentation.

Friday, August 24th:
*Hearing on Advisement (@ 8:30am MT) – CO – Jordan Vong (7) (reported missing August 6, 2018, found 8/8/18) – Jennie Bunsom (16) arrested (8/8/18) & charged (8/9/18) as an adult with 1st degree murder after deliberation & 1st degree murder by a person in a position of trust (victim under the age of 12). Held without bond.
For Criminal case #D162018CR20007
8/13/18 Update: Denver District Attorney’s Office said Monday that the girl, who was not immediately identified by name, is being charged on suspicion of murder in the first-degree after deliberation and child abuse resulting in death.
8/14/18 Update: Jennie Bunsom will be tried as adult. Charged with 2 counts of 1st degree murder: Charged with first-degree murder after deliberation and first-degree murder by a person in a position of trust (victim under the age of 12). While Bunsom's juvenile hearing is still scheduled for 10 a.m. Tuesday, the district attorney's office said her appearance will be waived and the juvenile case will be dismissed in light of the adult direct filing. Next hearing is 8/16.
8/16/18 Update: Defense attorneys requested Bunsom be appointed a guardian ad litem, meaning someone to investigate what would be in the best interest of the child. No parents or family members were present in the courtroom. Next Status hearing on 12/13 for case #D692017JVD847 in Juvenile court.
8/18/18 Update: Hearing on Advisement today in Adult Criminal court, 8/24.
I wonder if any family will be there

Adult Criminal court:

Docket for: Denver County - Lindsey-Flanigan Courthouse (Criminal Matters)
Showing 1 - 5 of 5 records

Date Len Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
1/28/19 8:30 AM 1D BUNSOM, JENNIE Hearing D162018CR20007 Denver District Courtroom 5B District Ct

1/29/19 8:30 AM 1D BUNSOM, JENNIE Hearing D162018CR20007 Denver District Courtroom 5B District Ct

1/30/19 8:30 AM 1D BUNSOM, JENNIE Hearing D162018CR20007 Denver District Courtroom 5B District Ct

1/31/19 8:30 AM 1D BUNSOM, JENNIE Hearing D162018CR20007 Denver District Courtroom 5B District Ct

2/1/19 8:30 AM 1D BUNSOM, JENNIE Hearing D162018CR20007 Denver District Courtroom 5B District Ct

link: http://7thjudicialdistrictco.org/docket-search/

This is just sad, sad, sad. Let's hope something good will come out of this -- somehow. Some kids are at a minus ten before they are even born -- already an uphill climb before they can even walk. SMH.

I’m wondering IMO if their were any mental diagnosis/treatment or behavioral problems at home /school before this. It seems IMO a reaction so violent would not possibly be the first . No harm intended this is a minor and not judging her family . There will be a lot of attention IMO of this at the trial if so for prosecution . Also defense will look into any possibility of mental illness, home life, and any experiences ( I no of none just speaking in general) that could have led her to this

Does that seem like a long time for her next appearance?
It sure does! And that's just to determine whether or not she'll go back to Juvenile Court or be tried as an adult.

Wow, 5 months until the judge decides. I personally believe she should be tried as an adult unless some mitigating circumstance comes to light, mainly because the current system allows a minor to "age out" of the juvenile system after only a handful of years which IMO is not enough time to attempt to rehabilitate them. but I'm glad she'll be appointed a Guardian Ad Litem.
Judge will decide whether teen accused of killing Jordan Vong will face adult or juvenile charges

I would also think the courts, or whatever entity, would want psychological, etc., testing to see if she is suited for trial as an adult -- not mentally impaired; I.Q.; previous events with Social Services, if any; educational history; youthful offender records, if any; family member interviews, etc., etc. I would think that, if these type things are not a standard practice for a youth to be tried as an adult, the defense team or the GAD would want such testing done. Just my O. All of that would take some time IMO.

Should Colorado juveniles face adult charges for serious crimes, like murder?

at the reverse transfer hearing, her attorneys will get to discuss Bunsom’s emotional and mental well-being in front of a judge, who will then decide if she is fit for adult charges.

....The January hearing in Bunsom’s case is sure to keep the discussion going. If the judge decides she should continue to face adult charges, and if she is subsequently convicted at trial, she would face a minimum of 40 years in prison. But if the judge decides to send her case back to juvenile court, she would face a maximum penalty of just 7 years behind bars if she is convicted.

Bunsom’s preliminary hearing and the reverse transfer hearing are currently set for Jan. 28, 2019.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fe!ng!rl
Back