CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its hard to believe that people weren't sitting out side some of those apts along 30th, on a beautiful Sunday afternoon.

IMO being a (looking for a term for it...) web/net runaway puts a child in far more danger than your standard runaway. Both are at high risk, but the one who has gone off with someone from the web is instantly in the hands of a dangerous predator. I think it is critical for LE to make this distinction early and quick and equally important to get that word out to the world.

LE, I believe Gray...Shoppers saw her go in and come out with no packages or anything. But I don't know if its true, sorry don't know where the link is.

LE, I believe Gray...Shoppers saw her go in and come out with no packages or anything. But I don't know if its true, sorry don't know where the link is.

I hadn't heard that, only that she was seen outside the mall. Off to go search articles I go!

The topic of Runaways and the definitions there of, and responses would make a wonderful thread.

Has anyone looked at 30 st on google? Alot of apts on there. Do you think a perp would take a chance to snatch and grab there?

Its hard to believe that people weren't sitting out side some of those apts along 30th, on a beautiful Sunday afternoon.
For some reason this just tickles me.

In our area we don't expect to see people sitting outside. The wind will blow away your paperback book and your lawn chair. And that tiki torch? Forget about it. (J/K) But seriously, people are far more likely to get out to cook a burger on BBQ grill in the back yard. And the wind is a factor, especially in spring, in how people live out here.

Good grief as soon as its nice here, Florida, everyone is outside. The decent weather only lasts for awhile then we get too hot and go back inside.

Would it be normal when its 67 and close to sundown not to take a jacket with you there?

I am sure they looked at the log-in; this was reported to LE by a sleuther here last week. And I think it was indicated that a parent may have logged in or even LE logged in to look at the page on that day. I don't think it was Kayleah, IMO.

But I am aching to know why they think she may be alive; until they showed her walking on her own, I was fairly certain she had taken a ride (she could have after that I guess) and had gotten into something she could not get out of. But they are still speaking as if she is afraid to come home, for fear of getting into trouble, which is a very good sign and not one I recall from other cases, does anyone else?

LE will always do this until there is proof the person is dead. There have been many cases where LE pleads for the person to contact them, come home etc., later to be found dead. IMO, it's psychological play towards a perp.

We have had a couple of sightings of her that we're fairly confident in at the Greeley mall. But as far as who has talked to her, I don't think that there's anything that we know for certain and certainly nothing that we want to talk about publically at this time," Davis said.
http://cbs4denver.com/local/kayleah.wilson.missing.2.1612897.html

Not only do they have her on video outside the mall - but now the FBI are fairly confident she is a runaway. They issue an alert on how to participate in the search for a body - and now they have evidence she has left the area on her own. This is the life of a child and I can't imagine why they are switching hands every other day. moo

ETA: I agree SuziQ - maybe it's to put the perp on edge.

We have had a couple of sightings of her that we're fairly confident in at the Greeley mall. But as far as who has talked to her, I don't think that there's anything that we know for certain and certainly nothing that we want to talk about publically at this time," Davis said.
http://cbs4denver.com/local/kayleah.wilson.missing.2.1612897.html
BBM
Maybe a semantics problem. We think you can park at the Greeley Mall, and the parking lot isn't inside the mall. So you can be at the mall and not inside of it. The term "confident in" right next to the word "at" might lead you towards thinking they're talking about inside, but he didn't actually say that.

They have evidence she left on her own? Wow, they need to get their facts straight. So she ran away down 30 th st toward the party. OK, I believe that one.:banghead:

I hadn't heard that, only that she was seen outside the mall. Off to go search articles I go!

The following is from Nancy Grace transcript of yesterday's show
http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/05/ng.01.html

GRACE: To Peter Banda with the Associated Press. Peter, what can you tell me about alleged sightings of her at the Greeley Mall?

PETER BANDA, REPORTER, THE ASSOCIATE PRESS: You know, we just learned from the FBI this afternoon that a couple, two shoppers at the Greeley Mall, which is right near her house, saw her.

They saw her enter, they saw her leave, and apparently, from that report, she wasn`t carrying anything, which kind of gives, you know, police an idea of what her frame of mind may have been.

GRACE: Everyone, you are seeing a photo of little 12-year-old Kayleah Wilson. She was set to just walk eight blocks in broad daylight to a friend`s birthday party. She never made it.

Now en route was the Greeley Mall. And apparently there, have been sightings of her there. But I`m worried about it.

Would it be normal when its 67 and close to sundown not to take a jacket with you there?

It was 52 this morning and my daughter walked out without a jacket, "I don't get cold Mom", was her response to me when I asked. Normal? I don't think that word goes with a tween (jk).

Yes it is pretty normal :) 67 degrees is a heat wave after the weather we have been having ...

Not only do they have her on video outside the mall - but now the FBI are fairly confident she is a runaway. They issue an alert on how to participate in the search for a body - and now they have evidence she has left the area on her own. This is the life of a child and I can't imagine why they are switching hands every other day. moo

ETA: I agree SuziQ - maybe it's to put the perp on edge.

I don't see in that link where they have evidence she left on her own.
It says...

Authorities don't know if she was abducted or ran away, but say it's possible she's simply too frightened to return because of all the publicity her case has received.
I think they are just covering all possibilities. IF she did leave on her own, they want her to know that it's safe to come home and she isn't in any trouble. I think it's great that they are covering all the angles. It means they are keeping an open mind and investigating wherever the evidence takes them.

They have evidence she left on her own? Wow, they need to get their facts straight. So she ran away down 30 th st toward the party. OK, I believe that one.:banghead:

Who? Where did you read that? Agh, I hate being behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann