Deceased/Not Found CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller Co, 22 Nov 2018 #71 *GUILTY*

News video interview at link

Longtime friend of ex-Idaho nurse released in 2018 murder case shows support

3/24/21

TWIN FALLS, Idaho (KMVT/KSVT) — A former Twin Falls nurse, who admitted to helping a Colorado rancher cover up the killing of his fiancee Kelsey Berreth, was released on parole after receiving a reduced sentence.

KMVT had the opportunity to talk to one of her closest friends to hear how the mother of two plans to move on with her life.

Thirty-four-year-old Krystal Lee Kenney was released Tuesday from Denver women’s correctional facility after serving an 18 month reduced sentence.

Laura Stutzman, who has been a close friend of Lee’s for more than 20 years, remembers how Lee sounded before going to prison.

“She stopped by the house and told me exactly what had happened and why she did what she did,” Stutzman said. “She was very, very remorseful.”

Now that she has been released, Stutzman said she is grateful that Lee spent some time in a correctional facility, but more importantly she is happy to see that her children will have their mother back. Stutzman said Lee didn’t want her children seeing her while she was in prison.

“Krystal is a fantastic mom, and you know she still is, protecting them from seeing her. You know that is hard for children,” Stutzman said.

She also hopes that Lee’s family can start the healing process, following the horrific events that occurred over the past few years, garnering national attention.

“She has paid her dues, but yet this family of Krystal’s will always, always be hurt by what has happened,” Stutzman said.

Snipped "KL is a fantastic mom and she still is"

I only feel for KK, her daughter and KK's loved ones. I don't have any sympathy for KL and I will never think she is a fantastic mom.

I don't know what planet KL's friend is on, but it's clearly not the same planet I live on.

Last edited:
Yes she had so much remorse that she went and ate at Sonic. If I had been so scared and forced into doing something like that I would not be off and eating happily afterwards. In fact I wouldn't eat for days, mind you I would have gone to the cops and gone into witness protection if needed.
And primped her hair to be attractive to lover boy.

3/24/21

TWIN FALLS, Idaho (KMVT/KSVT) — A former Twin Falls nurse, who admitted to helping a Colorado rancher cover up the killing of his fiancee Kelsey Berreth, was released on parole after receiving a reduced sentence.

KMVT had the opportunity to talk to one of her closest friends to hear how the mother of two plans to move on with her life.

Thirty-four-year-old Krystal Lee Kenney was released Tuesday from Denver women’s correctional facility after serving an 18 month reduced sentence.

Laura Stutzman, who has been a close friend of Lee’s for more than 20 years, remembers how Lee sounded before going to prison.

“She stopped by the house and told me exactly what had happened and why she did what she did,” Stutzman said. “She was very, very remorseful.”

Now that she has been released, Stutzman said she is grateful that Lee spent some time in a correctional facility, but more importantly she is happy to see that her children will have their mother back. Stutzman said Lee didn’t want her children seeing her while she was in prison.

“Krystal is a fantastic mom, and you know she still is, protecting them from seeing her. You know that is hard for children,” Stutzman said.

She also hopes that Lee’s family can start the healing process, following the horrific events that occurred over the past few years, garnering national attention.

“She has paid her dues, but yet this family of Krystal’s will always, always be hurt by what has happened,” Stutzman said.

Puke.

JMO

I only feel for KK, her daughter and KK's loved ones. I don't have any sympathy for KL and I will never think she is a fantastic mom.

I don't know what planet KL's friend is on, but it's clearly not the same planet I live on.
Who is KK?

LS, the friend, should spend a little time learning about the life( and death) of Kelsey Berreth . Kelsey's daughter doesnt get to come home and reconnect with her child.

Her friend, KLK, is selfish & a coward.

I hope this info sets Patrick & Mama Frazee on their ears.

This chic is stupid.
What dues? Seriously...deprived of Sonic for a year? I'm sure they have french fries and corndogs in PRISON.
.."this family of Krystal’s will always, always be hurt by what has happened,”...well yeah, cuz mommy is basically a MURDERER. And who is responsible for that pain?? KK is.
Of course no mention of KB, or KB's daughter or KB's family.
What a stupid idiotic thing to say in an interview. It just exemplifies the mentality of anyone who could actually support that ACCOMPLICE.
Just dumb.

One of the reasons I posted the (Idaho) local news interview was to provide a sampling of what her hometown and/or a longtime resident is saying, and that there's no indication that KK would be estranged or access to her children prevented.

Right or wrong, I also recall that several residents from her hometown provided the court with video/written statements in support of KK prior to being sentenced. That's the community she resides in and who will support her being reunited with her family.

I'm an advocate for KB and her family, and quite honestly don't give a rats *&?* about KK or her sorry life.

IMO, distance was the only thing that prevented KK from swinging the bat on that dreadful November day. I believe she was there-- right beside PF, in spirit. MOO

Last edited:
One of the reasons I posted the (Idaho) local news interview was to provide a sampling of what her hometown and/or a longtime resident is saying, and that there's no indication that KK would be estranged or prevented access to her children.

Right or wrong, I also recall that several residents from her hometown provided the court with video/written statements in support of KK prior to being sentenced. That's the community she resides in and who will support her being reunited with her family.

I'm an advocate for KB and her family, and quite honestly don't give a rats *&?* about KK or her sorry life.

IMO, distance was the only thing that prevented KK from swinging the bat on that dreadful November day. I believe she was there-- right beside PF, in spirit. MOO
I don't believe that she is a fit and proper person to be in charge of children. If her judgment is so off that she would do what she did for a casual lover, who else could she endanger.

I don't believe that she is a fit and proper person to be in charge of children. If her judgment is so off that she would do what she did for a casual lover, who else could she endanger.
KK had no prior record and was convicted of Colorado's lowest possible felony, Class 6 - tampering with evidence. Case law supports that family court will not likely prevent reunification with her children. At this time, it's not even clear if she's on supervised parole. However, if she's allowed to serve out her parole in Idaho, I think that answers the question. MOO

Last edited:
So, why would someone say this?
SBM
"I only feel for KK, her daughter and KK's loved ones. I don't have any sympathy for KL and I will never think she is a fantastic mom."

Aren't KK and KL the same person?
In this text, I believe OP used "KK" for Kelsey's minor daughter also known as kk.

Otherwise, Krystal Lee and Krystal Kenney are the same people.

KK had no prior record and was convicted of Colorado's lowest possible felony, Class 6 - tampering with evidence. Case law supports that family court will not prevent reunification with her children. At this time, it's not even clear if she's on supervised parole. However, if she's allowed to serve out her parole in Idaho, I think that answers the question. MOO
More's the pity.

If I recall correctly, KK and her former spouse were reportedly divorced but still shared the same roof/property, and their children also living in the same family home. (pg 9/14 Search Warrant Attachment-A).

Unless the former spouse requested a protection order, I don't think anything changed in the household prior to KK's conviction and sentencing. I believe release records indicate the same Kimberly, ID address in Attachment- A, shared with the ex-husband.

Relative to any interference with KK's shared custody in Idaho, I base my opinion on the following.

Idaho does not class felonies as do most states including Colorado but instead gives Judges much discretion at sentencing.

In Idaho, Tampering with Evidence is considered a misdemeanor offense but in KK's example, because the evidence tampered with/destroyed was for a criminal trial - it's bumped up to a felony. To be clear, KK was convicted and sentenced under Colorado Law, and translating the offense to the Idaho criminal code is for Family Court custodial illustration purposes only.

Tampering with Evidence is also considered a dischargeable felony for the purpose of restoration of civil liberties:

(2) Upon final discharge, a person convicted of any Idaho felony shall be restored the full rights of citizenship, except that for persons convicted of treason or those offenses enumerated in paragraphs (a) through (ii) of this subsection the right to ship, transport, possess or receive a firearm shall not be restored. As used in this subsection, "final discharge" means satisfactory completion of imprisonment, probation and parole as the case may be.

Section 18-310 – Idaho State Legislature

Statutes: Idaho

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/Teller/caseofinterest/2018CR330/002/19-05 Search Warrant.pdf

Last edited:

RSBM
Absolutely Seattle x

The video footage of her preening herself and flirty with the server at sonic proves it.
We have smelled blood....some of us have smelled more bodily fluids.......a little goes a damn loooooooong way.
And just because she's a nurse doesn't throw weight for me.
The stench of death is putrid....and hard to remove.
The usual reaction to putrid is not hunger inducing that's for sure.

o_O

I thought I read "somewhere" that KK had to stay in Colorado for her 1 year parole supervision. - ?? No?
I don't think so. There is no reason AFAIK that she wouldn't be eligible to transfer her parole. MOO

Interstate Compact | Department of Corrections (colorado.gov)
Who is eligible for transfer under the Interstate Compact?

At the discretion of the Sending State, an offender shall be eligible for transfer of supervision to a Receiving State under the Compact, and the Receiving State will accept the transfer if the offender:

Has three (3) months or more remaining on supervision; AND

Is in substantial compliance in the Sending State; AND

Is a resident of the Receiving State OR has resident family in the Receiving State willing and able to assist OR the offender is an active military member who has been deployed to another state OR is a veteran eligible and referred by the Veterans' Health Administration to another state for medical and/or mental health service OR is an offender who will live with an active military family member who has been transferred to another state by their full time employer as a condition of maintaining employment OR the offender is transferred to another state by their full time employer as a condition of maintaining employment; AND

Has a valid plan of supervision in the Receiving State with a visible means of support (employment, family, SSD/SSI, Workman's Compensation, etc.); AND

The transferring offense has a conviction for a felony, eligible misdemeanor or eligible deferred sentence; AND is required to report or be monitored by the supervising authorities OR has any condition (other than monetary), qualification, special condition or requirement imposed. (Offenders sentenced to non-reporting/unsupervised terms of probation with special or standard conditions will still need to be transferred through the Compact).

How long does the Interstate Compact transfer take?

The transfer process usually takes forty-five (45) days from the date the application for transfer is received by the other state.

More information at the link...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa
Back