CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what all the PF supporters are thinking now? I'm talking about the people who were trying to cast KB in a bad light while PF was walking around so cold and smug acting.

In all honesty, I think they’re stunned. Like with CW. These men live a for years w/o killing. They have jobs, friends, family, futures.....then suddenly something goes very askew.
Fortunately, he did NOT go as far as CW, he let K’s baby live.

While I know many of us, myself included, were very frustrated by the lack of information, seemingly slow response by all involved .… It seems they did their homework, did a slow thorough investigation for which I am thankful.
I am glad that they arrested him promptly. Some of these cases drag on for months.

The DA nor the chief never said “solicitation for murder”. They only said “solicitation”. And when the DA started explaining the statute, he didn’t mention murder then, either. Instead, I believe he started out talking about burglary if memory serves.

So the more I think about, the more I wonder if PF solicited someone to break in, and things went sideways.

I distinctly remember hearing "solicitation to murder"

I think KB's mother's interviews were to reach whoever is or has been a part of the solicitation charge. This investigation hasn't been an all outs bulletin to "search" for Kelsey. The emphasis was on that someone knows where she is. Someone has seen her. Someone has information.

Fiancé Charged with Murdering Missing Colo. Mom as Their Daughter, 1, Is Safe in Protective Custody

Patrick Frazee, 32, was detained without incident on suspicion of first-degree murder and solicitation to commit murder in the first degree in the death of 29-year-old Kelsey Berreth, the Woodland Park Police Department said in a press release. Formal charges will be filed in the days ahead.

At a Friday press conference, authorities said more arrests in the case are possible and that cell phone records and other data led to Frazee’s arrest.
"Family member JoDee Garretson, who is first cousins with Berreth’s mom, tells PEOPLE, “I’m just relieved. I saw that [the girl] is safe. I don’t know where she is — but I did see she’s safe.”

P.S. Thank you to all of you who are posting links and tweets - I am copying all of them right over to the media thread!
CO - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

Regarding solicitation: I'm wondering about the two knuckleheads that accompanied PF to waste management. Wonder if LE interviewed them, applied some heat and one of them admitted to something beyond the dump visit; a call from PF asking for help in the act of murdering or the disposal of KB? I'm certain we will know much more in the next week or so. Just a thought.

Can someone remind me what day it was that he and his companions went to the dump site? TIA!

What stood out most to me was the arrest was supported most by interviews
KKTV 11 News on Twitter
KKTV 11 News‏Verified account @KKTV11News 2m2 minutes ago
Multiple interviews led law enforcement last night to believe they were at a point where they could get a warrant for Frazee's arrest. #KelseyBerreth"

Im not certain when the waste management trip happened, but it sure as heck seems like the second visit to the PF's ranch and a return for more evidence at Kelseys apartment happened quickly after. JMO

You must have been listening to a different news conference than me because in the one I listened to the DA clearly said solicitation of first degree murder.
Can you point out the time stamp?

IMO he tried to hire someone to kill her but ended up doing it himself.

based solely on there's no other arrests. that person probably talking.

Maybe that person is talking but the police said there is the possiblilty of arrest. I doubt the person would talk without getting immunity first. I think he was dumb as they come and it was in the cell phone or text messages. The police said cell phone records played a critical role in the arrest.

This makes me happy. I’m sure it gives the family some small measure of peace knowing baby will be safe with them.
Have we heard from Kelseys Aunt? I haven't seen her here for several days. I wonder if she couldn't say much because of the investigation. I still would like to her the specifics of their relationship and more details about Kelsey breaking up with him on Thanksgiving day. That may have played a role.

The best thing I heard is the baby will be reunited with her maternal family.
She will heal them

My wife believes that custody of the child played a role in what happened. The possibility that KB told PF that she wanted full custody of their child. She might have even told him she was going to be moving back home or somewhere else with the child. Whether he even cared about having full custody of his child, maybe it came down to pride and ego. "You're not going to take my child away from me." I have heard things like that being said by parents that have no real interest in their child. Anyways, yep, my wife feels this could've played a big part in this thing.

If I had to guess, PF was loosing control and he couldn't handle that! Kelsey may have wanted to move on with her life and PF wasn't about to deal with custodial issues or child support. At first I thought maybe something spur of the moment happened and he snapped, but not anymore.
Yes, I think he's a a controlling tough guy who could not let HER end things with HIM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea