CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m wondering if the person that Cowboy Pat solicited to commit this crime, isn’t already in custody.

And talking.

That’s the best explanation I can come up with for how fast things have moved in the past 24 hours.
They have to be with law enforcement (not sure about custody as a legal term since law enforcement announced no other arrests) because charging Patrick with solicitation of 1st degree murder implies they know who that is and law enforcement didn't announce that they were looking for someone, show photos of the person, etc. This is very likely the case prior to last night's search and possibly a day or two earlier.

If the person he solicited refused, that person wouldn't also be arrested on a solicitation charge, right? More like obstruction? So would his accomplice also have the same charges even tho he is the solicitee not the solicitor?
@gitana1? Anyone?

Sorry I didn't respond to you before, I'm at the doctors office with my daughter and saw your post.
I had wondered about the child going to his mom as well, especially if she had been caring for her. Whatever the circumstances, I'm glad the decision was made to place her with Kelsey's family and I hope she remains there.

Me too.

Colorado seems to have the lions share of domestic homicides (DR, JR (not domestic but they got a lot of experience on that one), SW etc). they have had a lot of experience.

Colorado is spoiling us. I'm so impressed with LE in that state. There's no ego involved in the small PD's. Looks like they immediately request assistance from CBI and FBI and the collaboration is so damn effective. Two cases back to back with such quick arrests.

LE on a roll.

Wow, this is big news. If he did it, I hope the case is strong. I am so nervous of no body cases. Some "bodies" later turn up breathing.

Me too. Many of us suspected he had help AFTER the murder, but I sure didn't think about soliciting help BEFORE the murder.

I hope the person he conspired with knows were Kelsey is.

jmo

Ditto. Maybe he disposed of the body & the phone, but decided to come forward, lest he be charged with murder.
I do not expect the body to be found near the phone, tho. That would be too easy.

I know I'm going against the prevailing opinion here but I don't think the child was in danger. I think the baby was part of his motive. I think PF's mom may have loved baby K but didn't like KB. I also think it's possible KB may have had a high life insurance policy with baby K as the beneficiary. It's possible her policy said if KB dies and PF has custody of baby K he controls the money until K reaches a certain age. Some of those set ups have big loop holes where he could take out money to buy almost anything he wants so long as baby K benefits from the money spent. All he had to do was wait 5 years to have her declared deceased. Or come up with some way for her to be murdered, her body found and it not lead back to him-- which might have been part of his plan leading to the solicitation of murder charges. MOO.
I never thought my now ex would turn on our kids. Until they got older,and got minds, and thoughts of their own. That's when they saw his ugly. Thankfully they were old enough to get out on their own.

such intense level of control and entitlement. the life of the victim means nothing and has no weight for them. the lives of those affected don't matter to them either. it's all about their experience of power. In this case, I think PF's mom may have played into it. A sick, Psycho-like dynamic there.

I agree wholeheartedly. It always blows my mind how anyone could ever get to this point. Just live life and be happy..how can you not see there is no positive end for anyone if you take this path even if you just leave all the morality out of it?? Just leaves a domino effect of broken lives behind..

If the person he solicited refused, that person wouldn't also be arrested on a solicitation charge, right? More like obstruction? So would his accomplice also have the same charges even tho he is the solicitee not the solicitor?
@gitana1? Anyone?

If they refused then you're right - no solicitation. And maybe no charges at all if they didn't do anything to cover anything up. But it's possible they did in exchange for a promise of possible immunity?

this was an amazing investigation - absolute stealth and high level, knowledgeable, effective work.

Colorado is spoiling us. I'm so impressed with LE in that state. There's no ego involved in the small PD's. Looks like they immediately request assistance from CBI and FBI and the collaboration is so damn effective. Two cases back to back with such quick arrests.

LE on a roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member