CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #18 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that people are saying that he looked like a loser on sight, but the fact that he lived with his mother and scrabbled together a living from breeding dogs and competing in rodeos made him somewhat different to her.
I'm sorry... this is not directed at you at all... but directed at the trend that broke my heart when we lost Shanann, Bella, CeCe, and Nico.

He was different from her alright. These murderous men are different from all of us.

Different because these women made their lives happen. Owned their lives.

Bought houses, started businesses, took every care for their babies.

And ended up murdered.

Yeah.... these women were definitely different from the men who murdered them.

In the very best way.

EDITED TO ADD: Have a listen. We all feel this way sometimes.

Last edited:
Oh musemoon. I feel so sorry for you.
The grief you must be going through.
Hope with time, you may feel a little better and at peace with what occurred.
Hope posting here, expressing your thoughts and feelings, obtaining well wishes, eases your pain, knowing others care.:)
When I hear stories similar to yours, the Berreths, and many others, I realize, some of my worries are insignificant to what many others endure.

Thank you, everyone, for your sweet loving words. I don't want to derail the thread, but your words are comforting. My mom was my best friend, my sadness is overwhelming, but I am proud that my mom died a hero defending her family. Now the monster who killed her is in jail and justice awaits, and all of the children my mom protected (by not telling their birth mom where they were) are safe and will live happy lives...because my mom died protecting them.

I don't think that I could stay in the house that my daughter was murdered in. I would never want my granddaughter who may have witnessed the violence to ever be in that house again.
I think that Kelsey's parents are quite affluent or they seem to be.

I sure hope they have other options of places to stay. At this point, we don't know what happened or if Baby K saw anything. I hope the baby was not there or was not in the room at least.

While I respect your opinion that you find him not "bad looking", or "ugly or anything",

does the fact that he is "likely a killer" make him uglier to you?
Quoting you.

Obviously. But I don’t love comments of “I don’t know what KB saw in him” because it makes it seem like she had bad judgement. He’s not ugly and I can see why KB would have been interested, especially if he was really nice up front.

Not the OP, but I think that’s exactly what she was saying. Just looking at his picture he’s not repulsive looking or anything.

People keep talking about him like KB should have known by looking at him that he was a loser creep. Obviously the fact that he turned out to be a (likely) murderous loser creep changes everything and it becomes all you see looking at him. MOO.

Yes. 100% this. When KB started dating him online, she wouldn’t have known he was a murderer, obviously. I can see why she would have found him attractive enough to talk to.

Obviously. But I don’t love comments of “I don’t know what KB saw in him” because it makes it seem like she had bad judgement. He’s not ugly and I can see why KB would have been interested, especially if he was really nice up front.
I would say that there are not many of us, females and males who have not had bad judgment at some time in their lives.

Last edited:
I don't think that people are saying that he looked like a loser on sight, but the fact that he lived with his mother and scrabbled together a living from breeding dogs and competing in rodeos made him somewhat different to her.

Maybe she didn’t care about those things. She knew she could make her own money, be independent, and maybe he told her he was living home to save money. I just don’t think it’s nice to question KB’s judgement with “what did she see in him?”

Again... was just looking for links.

No, we don't know what she wants but I tend to think it's custody because of the wording used in the court minute: "The parties agreed to reserve for later hearing paternal grandmother’s motion to intervene and placement request."

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/Teller/caseofinterest/2018CR330/001/18JV26 Dec 27 hearing - minute order summary.pdf

YES. And the distance between them, in miles and emotional circumstances, would make it very difficult for the B family to allow visitation on any consistent basis. It's not like they could meet at the park for supervised play time.

Does anybody know where the baby has been up until now? I know it's awful that his mother is the mother of a potential murderer. However, hasn't baby Kaylee spent much of her time with her?
That poor baby must be so confused.

She probably misses her mommy more than anything. And her maternal grandmother is the closest thing to her mother. I feel that she will feel very comforted and familiar, being cuddled by her mother's mother. JMO

YES. And the distance between them, in miles and emotional circumstances, would make it very difficult for the B family to allow visitation on any consistent basis. It's not like they could meet at the park for supervised play time.
I am sure that if his family had allowed the other grandmother to see her in the days that Kelsey was missing, it could have a different outlook which was in the best interests of the child. It is in the best interest of the child that people who love her, get to see her, but it seems that he and his family did not think that.

Earlier, before video emerged of SF leaving court, posters were wondering where she went. I half-expected her to be arrested. LE never offered an adequate explanation for that day when 5 police vehicles stormed up to the ranchette, saying it was "routine followup". I wondered if they had a SW for SF's phone.

Anyway, it's getting late toward Monday's criminal hearing, and no further arrests yet. Will Friday be another drop the hammer day?

I doubt it. Close to the New Year, vacations, everything slows down. Unless he tells, and he won't, there is probably no place to search for her, and no manpower. I hope they will eventually find her, though, not only for her family, but for her daughter's sake, too.

"Frazee remained silent throughout the hearing, refusing to speak even during the few times he was directly addressed by the court."

flipboard
I don't know what a clipboard is but when you tap it --- it goes to the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa