CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #29 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 26 is a very odd day to get mixed up with Dec 2

Any date between about No 22 and Nov 28 is always all mixed up in the 4-day Thanksgiving Holiday, as it's all kind of a blur. So, you can easily mix up Nov 26 with Nov 24 , but you ALWAYS know Dec 2 is after Thanksgiving and a completely new frame of mind because you are thinking about Christmas.

I dont buy that they just mixed up the dates.

MOO, but maybe they didn’t mix up the dates. Dec. 2 is the date KB was formally declared a missing person. But she was informally missing from noon, Nov. 22, through Dec. 1. Depending on her posting/liking habits, etc., it’s not unreasonable to think that there was other chatter among unknowns about her absence, PM’s she was expected to read but never did, etc. Not sure why a “Has anyone seen KB lately? I hope she’s OK!” message would come to the attention of the R’s, but if a post like that were public it certainly could. Wouldn't it be something if FB sharing and newsfeed algorithms were responsible for accidentally outing a crime for once? What poetic justice that would be! (MOO, as always...)

In the same interview PR say she didn't find out until two weeks later that KK didn't contact police so they contacted the FBI on December 17th.

Two weeks before December 17th is December 3rd. That would be consistent with Kelsey being reported missing on December 2nd and news stories and FB posts about Kelsey missing showing up on December 2nd/3rd. Otherwise wouldn't you expect PR to say that she didn't find out until three weeks later that KK didn't contact police? Because November 26th would be three weeks before December 17th.
So they waited to report an additional week later. Great.

I've seen many remote mines on my hikes, including in Divide, Woodland Park, and Cripple Creek, that are not covered by steel fences or locked gates, quite the contrary, feeble, old wooden barricades.

ETA there a re a couple on Trout Creek Rd that I've heard mentioned here before too.

I do wonder if LE have searched the Cripple Creek area where PF and friend CC care for the herd of wild donkeys
Day Before He Was Arrested in Case of Missing Fiancée, What Colorado Dad Told a Client

Yes, hopefully someone will chime in. It's called a tower dump where they get all the cells that pinged off that tower within a certain time period.

Then the FBI takes those "pings" and does their magic. With a warrant they can track anybody they think might be connected.

I think the answer is “It depends.” IIRC, tower ping logs overwrite themselves cyclically. So it depends on the exact timing when the log was dumped for LE. But there’s a good chance if they got a ping off of KB’s phone in the dump that they may have gotten other “phones of interest” as well -x especially if they were used in that cell or recently moved into that cell. Here’s a little background on how pinging works that may be helpful:

https://www.quora.com/How-often-does-a-cell-phone-ping-the-towers

But someone made and excellent point, would they do that when they had just sent out the Nov 25 texts saying time off work for a week etc.

I'm thinking that maybe R's tweaked their story to protect people. Maybe it wasn't FB they heard it from on Nov 26, maybe it was the employee again. That she heard that the woman had gone missing. R's ask her to get KK to confirm it and go to police on Nov 27. Why would employee go to them and say i think she went missing. She was probably sick with worry and stress over knowing bits and pieces of this and not knowing what to do.
yup. good point. it probably was too early to consider KB missing. KB was seen on the 22nd. supposedly sent text on 25th. the 26th/27th would have been too early for missing talk within the circle suspects.

OK, this is when you know there is absolutely nothing in touch with reality of the victim's family here... give me a break. Stay out of the press.

"It’s tough for everyone,” she said. “It’s been a very emotional situation we’ve all lost some sleep over this but I’m sure nothing compared to Kelsey’s family.”

I think they aren't searching because they know something we don't. I have found it strange there have never been any searches. So I speculate they know they aren't going to find anything. JMO
Haven’t there been searches in Idaho?

OK, this is when you know there is absolutely nothing in touch with reality of the victim's family here... give me a break. Stay out of the press.

"It’s tough for everyone,” she said. “It’s been a very emotional situation we’ve all lost some sleep over this but I’m sure nothing compared to Kelsey’s family.”
Oh I completely agree. Out of touch with reality to say the least. The insensitive gall.

yup. good point. it probably was too early to consider KB missing. KB was seen on the 22nd. supposedly sent text on 25th. the 26th/27th would have been too early for missing talk within the circle suspects.

It sounds like a witness has put their foot in their mouth. Better we find it than on cross...

I think they aren't searching because they know something we don't. I have found it strange there have never been any searches. So I speculate they know they aren't going to find anything. JMO
Yes. I have always wondered why there were no searches with the community helping.

True, so then what? You don't mix up dates like that, not for something this important and on national TV. Maybe they are tweaking the story because they really believe the sob story they were told. Maybe their employee came to them a second time on Nov 26 and said I think that woman is missing now. So they ask for confirmation, and to tell KK to go to police. But she doesn't..
Curious it was a day after the infamous text to DOSS,and PF. HMMMMMM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member