CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #37 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absence of compelling evidence that he isn't a killer doesn't imply that he is one (presumption of innocence, not guilth). You need compelling affirmative evidence. At the moment, we suspect the police has it, but we don't know yet what it is.

I mean like compelling evidence of hat someone else did the deed. But I don’t believe such exists because I believe he did it.

<snipped>

I haven't seen any evidence that would confirm her knowledge of PF's plans for that particular ocassion.
<snipped> for focus
bbm
Perhaps not "evidence" but we have the R's word for MS, that she "begged her not to go." And, by the 26th both MS and the R's new "that girl" was missing. I guess we have to take that for what it's worth.

I don’t think PF asked KK to kill KB because he wanted to set her up. I think he asked because he was confident that she would help him due to her own self-interest.

Plus, PF would naturally be suspect. Ironically, I think if KK hadn’t taken the cell phone to Idaho, police might not have been able to nail either one of them.

I think PF never realized anyone would figure out KK’s involvement because she lived 800 miles away.

It was all Kk’s friends who claim that had the lifelong love. I’m not sure anyone who knew KB or PF has come forward and said they knew of KK or that PF was romantically involved with her.

I think she wasn’t known around town so he thought he had a ghost who could come in and do the dirty work and no one would ever suspect. JMO

BBM. I agree. And the calm, cool and collected demeanor of the DA tells me that he has the utmost confidence in the case evidence as well.

Hopefully soon, we will all be pouring over unsealed documents, nodding our heads thinking, "Yep, they got him." :)

I keep meaning to ask: what the heck does BBM mean?

I think the “have evidence” is the key, and something they might not have. Just my opinion we all have one.

Also I don't believe that all of the "evidence" has been recovered yet, deal or no deal. lol Its all just temporary to me, as is everything in life ;) Anything can happen. The Universe is a mad scientist!

Her signed confession, read by her in court, stated that the crime of transporting the phone was committed in Teller County, Colorado. We are assuming, from the ping near Gooding, Idaho; that she transported it that far. IMO

"move" does not mean that she was driving, FWIW

I think this will be the defense's reasonable doubt argument

And maybe it will be the unknown other person, who did it at KK's bidding, explaining why she had the cell phone.

It would obviously make no sense given whatever other evidence the DA has against PF, but time and time again in the face of mountains of evidence, they say i don't know, but I didn't do it. Just like little kids...

I don’t think PF asked KK to kill KB because he wanted to set her up. I think he asked because he was confident that she would help him due to her own self-interest.

Plus, PF would naturally be suspect. Ironically, I think if KK hadn’t taken the cell phone to Idaho, police might not have been able to nail either one of them.

I think PF never realized anyone would figure out KK’s involvement because she lived 800 miles away.

It was all Kk’s friends who claim that had the lifelong love. I’m not sure anyone who knew KB or PF has come forward and said they knew of KK or that PF was romantically involved with her.

I think she wasn’t known around town so he thought he had a ghost who could come in and do the dirty work and no one would ever suspect. JMO
Well, it might have worked if KK hadn't opened her big mouth to MS who then told the R's who then SAW the PC with Kelsey's mother about a missing woman whose fiancee was named "P". Regardless, of the phone pinging in Idaho, I believe it would have surfaced in time. It just would have taken a bit longer. MOO
edit: bbm for focus

Well, I posted something earlier, got cold feet and deleted because I feared someone might take it the wrong way. It's so difficult to write some things and convey your intent. People are so easily offended at times. But here goes, because it speaks to your post. No disrespect to anyone just another perspective. Please read to the end before judgement :)
previous deleted post:
I just had an OMG moment after my last post :( Please don't jump to any conclusions until you read the entire post. I'm not victim bashing, I'm drawing from experience and events I've seen in the news over the years. My thoughts only.

We suspect PF has some kind of personality disorder and that his relationship with KB was probably rife with many ups and downs in it's relatively short duration. He is a man with no empathy, anger issues and serious commitment issues. Poor Kelsey, innocent, naive, isolated from family with a new baby, a job with a long commute. Imagine an argument breaks out, maybe around a Sept. rodeo. Did KB suspect something about KK and confront him and in her upset and possible sense of abandonment, utter the fatal words about self harm and that of the baby? Many times postpartum depression hides beneath the surface as well and with a partner that has no compassion or empathy and anger lurking beneath the surface, it could have been overwhelming at that moment for KB. Words spoken while in despair and emotional pain. That's ALL PF needed to launch into his plan to destroy her and "justify" why he needed to do it. NOW, he had an excuse for his evil intent. He pretends to comfort her, KB takes that as "everything will be o.k., he will change," because she desperately needs to believe that and pulls herself back together.

I don't write this without deep sadness for what KB was living through and trying to make better. I doubt she told her mother certain things and I think KB really believed everything would be o.k. SHE wanted it to work.

Make no mistake. PF is an abuser and utter monster. Sick, twisted brain and there's NO excuse for KK following after him.

Again, just my thoughts :(

edit to add: I do not for one moment believe KB could have harmed K.

Sept was almost a year after baby K's birth; KB was working, driving, going about business, so, not impossible, I guess, but timing for PPD seems off. if PF was working off any bad thing KB ever said to him in a moment of anger or frustration, that would be crazy.

I pray that they locate Kelsey's body soon. If LE can find her body and prove that she was killed at KK's residence then won't the prosecution be able to charge both PF and KK with first degree murder if they can determine how she was murdered?

If Kelsey's remains are found, they will be mostly skeletal. Unless there's evidence of blunt force trauma or a knife or bullet wound to bone, it probably won't be possible to know how she was killed. Her remains would also not show where she was killed, who did it or who was present. Other evidence will have to show that. PF is the one charged with her murder so the state must have some evidence that proves that. It doesn't mean that KK was not present but just that she's not being accused of the murder. Hopefully, there will be evidence that shows exactly where KK was from Thanksgiving day forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert