CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #43 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is from the affidavit:
  • Video surveillance from the Safeway in WP, CO showed KB and Baby K shopping at the store. It appeared she departed the grocery store at approximately 12:27 p.m. Investigators located receipts from Safeway in the residence and vehicle that corroborate this information.
  • The analysis of the cell phone data revealed that KB and PF cellular phones connected to the same Verizon tower in WP at 12:23 p.m when KB missed a call from PF at 12:31 p.m.
  • Between 12:54 p.m. - 1:17 p.m. PF is captured on surveillance footage at a Walmart in WP, CO with a baby carrier with similar blankets as seen in the Safeway footage. Although, Baby K can’t be clearly seen in the footage, it is likely she was in the baby carrier.
  • At Approximately 1:24 p.m. an individual that matched the physical description of PF is captured on a neighbor’s surveillance camera entering the front door of KB’s residence. The photograph contradicts PF’s timeline provided to investigators.
  • The same residential surveillance camera captured an individual that matches the physical description of PF at KB’s residence at or about 3:36 p.m. It is noted that around this time. PF’s phone records indicated that he called his mother and KK.
Thanks, I'm asking about the furniture store camera footage from your prior post (see below). There are conflicting reports 1) Kelsey's vehicle was seen, and 2) PF was seen. Does your information below come from the affidavit or a news article?

• Between 12:54 p.m. - 1:17 p.m. PF was seen on Walmart & Williams Furniture Store surveillance, and on Arlo camera by KB’s neighbor caught KB, baby K and PF at KB’s door at 1:34 p.m.
There are conflicting reports about the furniture store camera footage. Is your information from the affidavit?

UPDATE: Patrick Frazee facing new charges after preliminary hearing
The phone call/recording between Adams says surveillance video shows a car matching that of Berreth's driving toward her town home on the day she went missing. Video is from a furniture store near her town home.

KK admitted to using KB's phone while it was in her possession. All part of the ruse that KB was alive and wanted time alone.
I thought KK admitted to sending texts, not making a call from KB’s phone? There are 2 different logs.

Edited: to add clarity’s about understanding of phone logs vs. text logs.

Thanks, I'm asking about the furniture store camera footage from your prior post (see below). There are conflicting reports 1) Kelsey's vehicle was seen, and 2) PF was seen. Does your information below come from the affidavit or a news article?

The post you were asking about was from court tweets.

The second post was from the affidavit.

BBM:

I feel terribly sad for KB too.

She may have been suffering from postpartum depression after the birth of Kaylee, and coupled with having a bully and controlling partner in her life, it probably made things unbearable for her.

It may have been difficult for her to confide in her mother/family because she didn't want to talk about being depressed.

Some people are naturally more introverted than others, and when hit with possible PPD and a brutal partner it becomes too much. KB seemed like a very responsible person: she had a good job, she was a caring mother, she left PF to create a better life for herself and Kaylee.

The fact that she recognized that she needed help for her depression tells me she was brave, self-aware and wanted to get better.

I don't know if her religion may have precluded her getting medication like SSRI's to treat the depression, or if the center she attended did it from a more biblical method? Hopefully someone else can chime in here.

Depression is very difficult, it makes even the smallest action exhausting, like trying to run through wet cement.
Coupled with PF's toxic control and bullying, her life must have been so difficult.

Then she was murdered by her tormentor in the most horrific way.

It makes me sick to even think about it. She deserved so much more: a full, fear-free life with her daughter.

PF needs to rot in hell.
moo
I don't know about religion but Rx treatment for a pilot would end her career. I believe the clinic she sought treatment at is affiliated with her church, and therefore probably holistic treatment. I only know they made it a point that this rehab does not offer treatment for drugs or alcohol. MOO

• Adams says he talked to PF’s brother, a Colorado Springs police officer as part of the investigation. Sean (unsure of spelling) says he saw PF on Nov. 22 & didn’t describe anything as suspicious that day. It doesn’t say exactly when PF arrived for Thanksgiving. Sean says he got there around 2:30 p.m., and that PF arrived a little later. He had baby K with him. Defense says PF’s brother would be aware of things out of the ordinary. since he is a CO Springs police officer. Prosecution says Sean and Patrick have estranged relationship.
Looks like SF2 needs to be retrained when it comes to suspicious behavior, or does that apply to everyone else but family?

I hope more info comes out about the security camera at the neighbor’s.
Did it rotate or something? Was it completely stationary to catch the angle at all times?

It did not get KB going into the condo after Safeway and it did not get PF taking the baby in or out of the condo?

I think there has to be more images and I hope LE has them.
I hope they have some of Krystal, too!

If KK truthfully wanted to leave something for cops, she could have left the tooth. Then they could positively identify Kelsey. IMO
Good thinking post^. I could see KK keeping the tooth she claims to have thrown away... for a few reasons, none of them palatable.

I am concerned about an RN's access to the bodily fluids of patients. It would not be difficult to acquire, for example, an extra tube of blood. In trying to think like KK and assess her statements that she intentionally left blood for LE to find, I believe she knows she screwed up and missed spots of KB blood. I wonder if what she really did was leave unknown male DNA to find, perhaps from a patient in Twin Falls. Perhaps it's a subconscious slip or tell that KK says she left blood for LE to find and it means she planted blood.

The unknown male DNA by the sink was a large enough sample to have been tested already. And CBI Agent Slater stated that there is still evidence being tested plus the consumptive testing material is up for a motion hearing March 4.

Did anyone read anything anywhere about the type of material that constitutes this unknown male DNA? Blood, semen, urine?

Ref:

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV2m2 minutes ago
Dec. 6 search then processed Kelsey Berreth’s home with more DNA experts. Defense asking specifics about colors in Kelsey’s bathroom. Only blood spot visible to eye was in toilet.

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV3m3 minutes ago
Defense points out the DNA of another male was found in Kelsey’s sink. Tests revealed it wasn’t that of Patrick Frazee.

Deceased/Not Found - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #39 *ARREST*

The post you were asking about was from court tweets.

The second post was from the affidavit.
Okay, not trying to be difficult, I promise! I'm just trying to understand how you determined that it was PF who was seen on the furniture store surveillance footage and not KB when there are conflicting reports. Did you check the affidavit?
MOO

I have wondered if she talked to any of her LDS friends about her situation and they just haven't spoken up about it. Being involved with a narc and dealing w/the consequences of that can put anyone into a depressive mode, especially when the truth/reality begins to dawn. It's easy to get mad, at the narc, and at oneself...which can lead to depression.

“There were (times) when she worked three days in a row,” he says. Their custody agreement was for Frazee to have the baby while Kelsey was working. He says Kelsey self-admitted to rehab for about two weeks, and that a church pushed her toward it. @KOAA#KelseyBerreth
Thread by @SamKraemerTV: "We’ve made it to Cripple Creek. The preliminary hearing for State of Colorado vs. Patrick Frazee starts in a little under 90 minutes. I’ll t […]" #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney #ParrickFrazee

Okay, not trying to be difficult, I promise! I'm just trying to understand how you determined that it was PF who was seen on the furniture store surveillance footage and not KB when there are conflicting reports. Did you check the affidavit?
MOO
Surveillance video from another business showed her vehicle heading toward her townhome. Adams is looking at his phone for the time. @KOAA#KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee
Adams says that business surveillance video was at 12:37 p.m. The business was the Williams Furniture Store. @KOAA#KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee
He says Frazee was seen on Walmart & Williams Furniture Store surveillance, and on the surveillance video of an adjacent townhome to Berreth’s. That video showed him at her door @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

Thread by @SamKraemerTV: "We’ve made it to Cripple Creek. The preliminary hearing for State of Colorado vs. Patrick Frazee starts in a little under 90 minutes. I’ll t […]" #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney #ParrickFrazee

The plots on her life may have started in September, but the anger and hatred towards her started long before. I know she felt it, probably tried with all of her heart to fix the problems. The depression center/retreat was a way for her to regroup and talk through the issues she needed to resolve to move on with her life.

I think, that seeing the center as an inpatient center is misinterpreting it, from the advertisements, it appears to be a retreat with emphasis on depression. I think any of us dealing psychotic murderers, would seek help through our family, church, and friends. We might not be willing to entirely expose our full situation to those closest to us. Since they weren’t married, she may not have felt that a lawyer could help her.

Now I wonder if KB knew the common law rules in Colorado that govern paternity, custody, etc....Paternity & Unmarried Parents

MOO
For what it's worth, I've only read (twitter and trial blogs) the furniture store surveillance in the context of a timeline for KB travel between Safeway and KB townhome -- never about PF.

And what would PF have done if KKL didn't show up that weekend or couldn't get away until the next weekend?

Would PF have tried to clean it up himself?

If not, who else? SF?
Emph. mine

Exactly.
Others may be involved, directly or indirectly -- and are keeping silent, because that's how some people 'roll'.
And we only have the brother's insistence that he (estranged brother) arrived at precisely 2:30 and PF arrived later.

There is no way to prove any of this.
Footage from CC cameras are crucial to this. Wondering if and when KK was caught on any cams ?
Imo.

From your link Kelsey Berreth murder conspiracy fueled by affair between Patrick Frazee, Idaho nurse, documents say

In fact, Lee drove to G's house in Idaho to pick up G's 2012 black Volkswagen Jetta and then drove to Colorado to sanitize the Berreth's home after Frazee allegedly pummeled his fiance to death with a baseball bat in her living room. When investigators interviewed MG, she acknowledged that Lee's explanation of going to her house was an alibi in case her husbnad called to see where she was, the document said.

When police interviewed Lee about her trip to Colorado on Dec. 14, Lee again lied to her husband, telling him she had actually gone to Colorado around Thanksgiving to see a horse she and Frazee owned together, the document said. She told her husband she thought "someone set her up," the document said.

When investigators interviewed CL, he divulged that his wife and Frazee had dated in college and that they were involved in a sexual relationship during at least 2016 and possibly 2017, the record said.

"CL did not want any of the details of the affair, and did not have further information regarding their relationship to provide," the document said.

*removed names*, replaced with initials
I think this article actually gets closer to the truth of why the dynamic between PF and KKL exists. It is undeniable that this relationship is predatory with sexual overtones. It is overwhelming to us because we do not get to hear such a person confess to such a relationship publically and this hopefully is an extreme example between PF and KKL. The custody is a stressor to a person that is already having difficulty with self-control.

I have wondered if she talked to any of her LDS friends about her situation and they just haven't spoken up about it. Being involved with a narc and dealing w/the consequences of that can put anyone into a depressive mode, especially when the truth/reality begins to dawn. It's easy to get mad, at the narc, and at oneself...which can lead to depression.

It doesn't matter I don't think but she's not LDS. She was SDA.

KK admitted to using KB's phone while it was in her possession. All part of the ruse that KB was alive and wanted time alone.

ETA: Phone use in addition to the texts she sent to CB, Employer, and PF.
And what would PF have done if KKL didn't show up that weekend or couldn't get away until the next weekend?

Would PF have tried to clean it up himself?

If not, who else? SF?

maybe start a fire.... that is always a crazy way to obscure a crime scene :(

Good. The cam pic shows PF, KB, BabyK and flowers standing at KB's door around 1pm. I'm a bit confused as that's when PF is at Walmart. I'm guessing it's when KB came home from Safeway and PF was there to meet her. Before his trip to WM?

12:27 KB departed the Safeway

12:37 KB car seen on Furniture Store surveillance on her way home.

Unknown to me exact time...~12:40-12:45 or so, it showed a still of her with him and the flowers and the baby (..see screen shot of twitter for Sam and another newsperson at prelim, I assumed it was a very short and sweet because it takes 9 minutes to get back to the Walmart)

12:54-1:15 PF at WalMart

1:24 PF enters condo (just 9 minutes after Walmart)

3:36 PF seen on camera at KB

4:24 calls mom while still on KB's cell tower heading west

437 contacts KKL Southwest of KB and she returns call while he is pinging in divide

HTH with understanding the timing. And I'm sure somebody is going to correct me for everyone if I am wrong here in any time frame. My opinion is that 12:45 is " around 1", and I think that fits with the time frame.

Unfortunately, we don't know what time that the Bank drive-thru was done, nor do we know what was purchased at Walmart.

@Tippy Lynn clarification on 1 pm continues to be an issue? It is probably around 12:45

Last edited:
@Seattle1 and @Tippy Lynn, It looks like both KB and PF were seen by the Williams Furniture store camera?

UPDATE: Patrick Frazee facing new charges after preliminary hearing
Adams says surveillance video shows a car matching that of Berreth's driving toward her town home on the day she went missing. Video is from a furniture store near her town home.

Live blog: Patrick Frazee appears in court for preliminary hearing
Adams recounted combing through surveillance video of Berreth leaving the Safeway store. He said he saw her vehicle on a Walmart security camera, video from the Williams Furniture store and eventually he accessed video from one of Berreth’s neighbors.

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
Adams says Berreth checked out at Safeway at 12:27 p.m. She bought supplies for a dip and some flowers. Surveillance video from another business showed her vehicle heading toward her townhome. Adams is looking at his phone for the time. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

Adams says that business surveillance video was at 12:37 p.m. The business was the Williams Furniture Store. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

He says Frazee was seen on Walmart & Williams Furniture Store surveillance, and on the surveillance video of an adjacent townhome to Berreth’s. That video showed him at her door @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

Courtroom updates: Preliminary hearing for Patrick Frazee, who is accused of killing Kelsey Berreth
The prosecution continued questioning Adams at the conclusion of the recorded phone call. He discussed surveillance video showing both Frazee and Berreth at a furniture store near her apartment on Nov. 22 — the last day she was seen.
For what it's worth, I've only read (twitter and trial blogs) the furniture store surveillance in the context of a timeline for KB travel between Safeway and KB townhome -- never about PF.
Thanks, Seattle. Unfortunately, I've read both and I'd really like to clear it up. We may have to get in touch with Sam.

ETA: Nevermind - I answered my own question. I'm going with both PF and KB were seen by the furniture store camera.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members