CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #48 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
After doing some "independent research" on Slagle as well as many of his clan as I could find, I have come to a few conclusions:

1.) There was a house in Frisco, where he "owned" what I assume was a dog training business or kennel "Black Dog Lodge, LLC" (if this isn't allowed, please let me know, will edit!) Back in 2011. This house sold 8/1/18 for $1.7mil. So dumb or not, he's a very savvy/lucky business man. May also have been funding Baby K's child support? RS may also be funding PF's lawyer.

2. In re: "I know how/where to hide a body"-PF I'm not doubting this! How many times have we seen "rich people" get away or almost get away with with murder? Granted 77 is a bit old to do it, but if you're funding a way for someone much younger to do so, I do see it as a possibility.

3. Slagle, in some social media posts portrays a religious man. One whom was "given 6 days to live back in 1993” Of course I'm cynical, and not sure how much of that I actually believe. I'm still iffy on a lot of this, but I have reasons to believe, even if only in my own head, that RS has a MAJOR part in this!

He comes across even without having known any of this as someone that thinks he is "someone" or connected or one of the "powers that be". The entire exchange at the bank comes across to me that way...

He is not funding PF's lawyer though, at least in the criminal case I do not think, because he has a public defender.

For WSers, Dateline provided nothing new. My idea of a dream interview would be one with KK, PF or SF.
Just me dreaming and musing this Saturday morning. :rolleyes:
MOO
There were a few new things; particularly the interviews with PF's ex-girlfriend and the ex-girlfriend's mother. And it was interesting to see some of the players.

I fell asleep before the end of it, so I will have to watch it again.

It is very clear to me that KB did not think they'd broken up. She was going to make him sweet potato casserole. All of the "they broke up in January" and "they broke up Thanksgiving day" lies came directly from PF. Poor KB was blindsided.

It's my understanding he felt he never had a father figure since his father left SF while PF was at an early age. I think he's searching for that connection.

That is too bad. I have a nephew who had the same, his father was not involved; and I have children whose father also was not involved by his own choice after a divorce. It hurt them and he cared less. Even so, they did not grow up to kill anyone nor would they ever. This man as well has been around longer than PF's father per his own words, 35 years to PF's 32 years so how is it he found him after his father leaving...? Just saying....

A reason for RS’s behavior at the bank could be because the bank has lots of his money.

Some small town banks are alive because of wealthy ppl. He may have been throwing around his clout.

I knew a guy that was waiting to hear about a loan from a bank for a condo, when his boss found out he called the/his bank, the next day the guy got a call from bank, approved loan.

That is interesting as I was just about to post something like that. Where are his male friends his age? From the rodeo circuit? From school? Anywhere? Not a one speaking up for him. The few that are are from a different generation entirely.

Of course, most probably grew up, moved out of mommy's house and out of Cripple Creek....

Some of the younger roping/rancher folks are probably laying low, but don't think for a minute they are not in touch with him, or even giving him their support. As was mentioned in the one interview, his rodeo friends are calling him at the jail. All JMO

HEARSAY. At least the gf dated PF personally herself. KB's mom knew KB personally herself. CC is doing nothing but repeating what PF said to him and he was gullible enough to believe and now he is repeating it, victimizing KB more, third hand info. Sorry, but that is the way I see it and Dateline could do better.

I wasn't impressed with the interview.

Flowers for Ma Frazee too.
Hope she thinks real long,and hard about that while she's pleading the fifth.

MOO

Although I think that may have been the case too, I don't think we know that. Last I heard it was a poinsettia plant. KB also had cookie cutters out, etc. It may have been for her own townhouse for Christmas... Yet I also wonder if they were for "ma"...

A reason for RS’s behavior at the bank could be because the bank has lots of his money.

Some small town banks are alive because of wealthy ppl. He may have been throwing around his clout.

I knew a guy that was waiting to hear about a loan from a bank for a condo, when his boss found out he called the/his bank, the next day the guy got a call from bank, approved loan.

That is kind of the impression I get. Like the teller or whoever they talked to was known to him and expected to comply, "wink, wink" just forget we were here now...

jjmo

Is possible, but I doubt it, ENT Federal CU is not a small town bank, it was started up for military and ex military clients. You had to have someone in the military or ex military "sponsor" you years ago. Not sure if it is still like that or not. They have around 27 locations around the front range.

Ent Credit Union - 27 Locations, Hours, Phone Numbers …

Actually I've seen young men gravitate to much older men as
friends when the young man had a cold, distant relationship
with his own father. It's like they're trying to make up for what
they missed as a child. Not uncommon at all.
Yes, it makes me wonder if his father may have abandoned the family when he was still a kid. Imo

Flowers for Ma Frazee too.
Hope she thinks real long,and hard about that while she's pleading the fifth.

MOO
In fact while PF was gathering everything to beat KB to death, making plans with his "cowboy code" loving mistress, enlisting his friends like CC to tarnish KB's reputation for free, and SF was preparing the slaughterhouse to finish the job - KB was catching a few minutes of sleep after a long night of tending cattle and getting medications for PF's "issues", taking care of her baby that she loved, shopping for items to make a dish to bring for Thanksgiving dinner, buying flowers for SF and chatting with her mom about a dip recipe and making plans to cut down a Christmas tree while baking fresh cinnamon rolls. So many times I've wanted to give CB a hug and then giving SF a smack in the face. There is absolutely no justification for what happened here, none. Not an ounce of anything that KB did to bring this on, nothing. And when I think about how the Frazee family just continues to double down on stupid, it really makes you see how truly sick and twisted the whole lot of them are.

Some of the younger roping/rancher folks are probably laying low, but don't think for a minute they are not in touch with him, or even giving him their support. As was mentioned in the one interview, his rodeo friends are calling him at the jail. All JMO

Missed that interview and never heard that. Ya know, I used to watch rodeos as do many and know even a few involved in even the big events but this may just end it for me and many. I don't like the cult I am seeing that seems to have come from at least some part of it... jmo and speculation... Not up to me, but I personally would be thinking if I was any supporter of PF what side it is I want to choose here...

Although I think that may have been the case too, I don't think we know that. Last I heard it was a poinsettia plant. KB also had cookie cutters out, etc. It may have been for her own townhouse for Christmas... Yet I also wonder if they were for "ma"...
I still think she got it for Ma Frazee. A hostess gift. She was going to make Sweet Potato Pie for PF. She was so sweet,and thoughtful.
MOO

Here are some things that stood out to me about the Dateline episode:
(1) Baby K didn't like the cinnamon rolls and wanted Honey Nut Cheerios.
(2) Talk of recipes - we knew about the dip, now we learn that KB was going to make PF a sweet potato casserole. Certainly doesn't sound like they were broken up.
(3) Sonic workers knew KK came in with PF to get coffee. They were familiar enough with him to recognize him and notice who was with him. They recognized her without him, too.
(4) PF put the gas and oil into the plastic tote. How far away was KK when she saw this but didn't see the body?
(5) I have no sympathy for KK but after hearing what the former gf and her mom had to say, I can see how much of a manipulator PF is. It's still impossible for me to fathom how KK could be pushed into doing what she did. I would like to believe that if I was in that situation, I'd go to the police.
(6) The whole case is going to hinge on KK's testimony, even though she is a proven liar. Hopefully, enough of her story pans out to put him in prison for life.

He comes across even without having known any of this as someone that thinks he is "someone" or connected or one of the "powers that be". The entire exchange at the bank comes across to me that way...

He is not funding PF's lawyer though, at least in the criminal case I do not think, because he has a public defender.

RS throwing his "clout" did nothing obviously... I think he's an old guy full of himself!

As for the lawyer , since neither may not have known any good criminal lawyers, they don't exactly encompass the same circles as ranchers, PF MAY have been uncomfortable telling the 100% truth to any lawyer, & given his financial position, could be appointed a lawyer. NOTHING in any state I have ever done reading of case studies on, says you can't eventually cannot hire your court appointed lawyer though. I'm not 100% if there is a motion in the courts for this, or if it even has to be made public.

I do know, that as a young woman I made a very stupid decision (dui) was given a court appointed lawyer, & right before trial by judge was given the option to hire my lawyer & walk out with a lesser charge & reduced sentence. It does & can happen. In the Texas court system there wasn't a need for a motion(in my case) of course I didn't kill or harm anyone either!

I still think she got it for Ma Frazee. A hostess gift. She was going to make Sweet Potato Pie for PF. She was so sweet,and thoughtful.
MOO

I agree it is quite likely. Just pointing out so that we do not assume it is fact that I don't think we know. I lean that way too though.

Here are some things that stood out to me about the Dateline episode:
(1) Baby K didn't like the cinnamon rolls and wanted Honey Nut Cheerios.
(2) Talk of recipes - we knew about the dip, now we learn that KB was going to make PF a sweet potato casserole. Certainly doesn't sound like they were broken up.
(3) Sonic workers knew KK came in with PF to get coffee. They were familiar enough with him to recognize him and notice who was with him. They recognized her without him, too.
(4) PF put the gas and oil into the plastic tote. How far away was KK when she saw this but didn't see the body?
(5) I have no sympathy for KK but after hearing what the former gf and her mom had to say, I can see how much of a manipulator PF is. It's still impossible for me to fathom how KK could be pushed into doing what she did. I would like to believe that if I was in that situation, I'd go to the police.
(6) The whole case is going to hinge on KK's testimony, even though she is a proven liar. Hopefully, enough of her story pans out to put him in prison for life.

I may have to rewatch it. Who said #4? I caught the rest but do not recall that.

RS throwing his "clout" did nothing obviously... I think he's an old guy full of himself!

As for the lawyer , since neither may not have known any good criminal lawyers, they don't exactly encompass the same circles as ranchers, PF MAY have been uncomfortable telling the 100% truth to any lawyer, & given his financial position, could be appointed a lawyer. NOTHING in any state I have ever done reading of case studies on, says you can't eventually cannot hire your court appointed lawyer though. I'm not 100% if there is a motion in the courts for this, or if it even has to be made public.

I do know, that as a young woman I made a very stupid decision (dui) was given a court appointed lawyer, & right before trial by judge was given the option to hire my lawyer & walk out with a lesser charge & reduced sentence. It does & can happen. In the Texas court system there wasn't a need for a motion(in my case) of course I didn't kill or harm anyone either!

That is exactly what RS sounds like to me from what we have heard to date. I think many of us know the type or have met one or two in our lives.... The type that is anything but salt of the earth and modest but have to "be" somebody...

I think PF had a private atty originally and maybe someone like that paid for him. Then I think he switched to a public defender, did not hire someone he already had but I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karenmer