CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #52 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been thinking about the hypothosized defense strategy claiming KK killed KB herself. What proof is there that KB was killed on Thanksgiving and not the day KK rolled into town? Occurs to me PF may create some benign & fictional alternate meaning behind his “you have a mess to clean up” text and claim KK killed KB all on her own.

I’ve been thinking about the hypothosized defense strategy claiming KK killed KB herself. What proof is there that KB was killed on Thanksgiving and not the day KK rolled into town? Occurs to me PF may create some benign & fictional alternate meaning behind his “you have a mess to clean up” text and claim KK killed KB all on her own.
He claims he last sees her when they exchange the baby, but surveillance footage captures his lie, as he returns to her house.

When he leaves, so does Kelsey’s phone. She is never seen again.

Phone data will prove huge, as it will show that their phones are traveling together.

If he claims Kelsey was with him, it is yet another lie, as he said he last saw her hours before.

The text messages and phone calls over the two day period following that, also crush him, as their phones were together.

That’s why I can’t figure out what the defense will do here.

He’s in trouble.

We knew that though.

I think most women would have the same reaction, as they should.

That’s why I continue to believe that she’s not telling the truth here, and this was her end of the deal.

“Fine, if you won’t kill her, I will. You’re cleaning up the mess though.”

I just can't imagine any nurse just saying a submissive, "ok" to that deal, MG. I do agree tho, she is lying through her teeth with assorted truths thrown in.

I just can't hardly wait until trial when she has to remember all this stuff and keep it straight! Yes, she'll be overly coached but I get a warm and fuzzy feeling every time I hear the word, "continued". I hope PF and his attorney use that word as long as they want. I hope that they find evidence in the landfill because that creates a ridiculous and exorbitant amount of evidence, sometimes beyond comprehension. The word overkill comes to mind because then you have a mini landfill in a lab that has to be examined.
I feel evil laughter bubbling up because there is nothing more entertaining than listening to someone trying to remember years since the crime and knowing their sentence hinges on that testimony.
MOO,MOO

That’s why I continue to believe that she’s not telling the truth here, and this was her end of the deal.

Amen to that!

She COULD have, even at that point, CALLED THE DANG POLICE! Hey police...I'm in IDAHO and this guy in COLORADO just killed his baby momma IN FRONT OF THE BABY!

But no....instead, she gathered supplies and drove 800 miles to scrub up the blood, retrieve a tooth, and pick up blood spatter tin foil on top of cinnamon rolls.

Because that makes sense.

oh yeah and picked up a cheeseburger, fries and a milk shake before going to a human bonfire to celebrate.
Yeah...no important information left out of any of that.
puh-leeeze

and sorry, but I believe KK did put something in that starbucks coffee. Maybe she didn't do a great job of it IDK...but Kelsey probably dumped that drink out.

I do not believe for 5 seconds that KK drove over to KBs house with her aunt in the car, got out, knocked on the door out of the freakin blue, and delivered a starbucks to KB just to be nice. No way.
BS!

He claims he last sees her when they exchange the baby, but surveillance footage captures his lie, as he returns to her house.

When he leaves, so does Kelsey’s phone. She is never seen again.

Phone data will prove huge, as it will show that their phones are traveling together.

If he claims Kelsey was with him, it is yet another lie, as he said he last saw her hours before.

The text messages and phone calls over the two day period following that, also crush him, as their phones were together.

That’s why I can’t figure out what the defense will do here.

He’s in trouble.

We knew that though.
I can see defense saying “Lying liars lie and PF is a lying liar but not a killer” to explain away the baby exchange lie. Then they’ll say KK is also a lying liar and since lying liars lie you can’t believe anything she says. I know many believe, as I do too, LE must have physical/electronic evidence that supports her version. If not the lying-liar he-said/she-said could make a juror or two dismiss everything anyone said about anything.

Thank goodness for cell phone pings. As you said, the texts/calls between two cell phones in the same place is the hardest thing to explain away.

I just can't imagine any nurse just saying a submissive, "ok" to that deal, MG. I do agree tho, she is lying through her teeth with assorted truths thrown in.

I just can't hardly wait until trial when she has to remember all this stuff and keep it straight! Yes, she'll be overly coached but I get a warm and fuzzy feeling every time I hear the word, "continued". I hope PF and his attorney use that word as long as they want. I hope that they find evidence in the landfill because that creates a ridiculous and exorbitant amount of evidence, sometimes beyond comprehension. The word overkill comes to mind because then you have a mini landfill in a lab that has to be examined.
I feel evil laughter bubbling up because there is nothing more entertaining than listening to someone trying to remember years since the crime and knowing their sentence hinges on that testimony.
MOO,MOO
Here’s the thing, she made three attempts to kill Kelsey herself. Clearly, she wasn’t fully committed to doing so.

She was willing to drive that incredible distance, which shows that she atleast entertained the thought.

By these actions, she demonstrated that she was comfortable with Kelsey being killed, and the fact she didn’t stop this damn thing, is further evidence of that.

She just didn’t want to do it herself.

That’s why I don’t think it’s a stretch to believe that she was willing to clean, because it was better than the alternative.

He was able to talk to her like that, and she was receptive to it, because she was in on it.

She wanted it.

And that’s why she’s so terrible.

and sorry, but I believe KK did put something in that starbucks coffee. Maybe she didn't do a great job of it IDK...but Kelsey probably dumped that drink out.

I do not believe for 5 seconds that KK drove over to KBs house with her aunt in the car, got out, knocked on the door out of the freakin blue, and delivered a starbucks to KB just to be nice. No way.
BS!
If she didn’t poison the coffee, I do believe she brought the drugs necessary to achieving that.

You’re right, it doesn’t make sense otherwise.

She’s atleast leaving out the part that she had medication in her possession.

Here’s the thing, she made three attempts to kill Kelsey herself. Clearly, she wasn’t fully committed to doing so.

She was willing to drive that incredible distance, which shows that she atleast entertained the thought.

By these actions, she demonstrated that she was comfortable with Kelsey being killed, and the fact she didn’t stop this damn thing, is further evidence of that.

That’s why I don’t think it’s a stretch to believe that she was willing to clean, because it was better than the alternative.

He was able to talk to her like that, and she was receptive to it, because she was in on it.

She wanted it.

And that’s why she’s so terrible.
100% on all counts!

And her willingness can only be attributed to "love".
The intelligence level here is absolutely astounding, isn't it?
It’s absolutely stunning.

The plot to leave a false digital trail is reasonably intelligent, but to do that with the phones in the same place, is complete jackassary (new word).

Then KK believing that she and PF would build some magical life together, after murdering a mother.

Them both believing that they would get away with this.

Geniuses. Both of them.

First of all, if a guy ever TOLD me to "clean up a mess" of any kind, the first words that would fly out of my mouth would be to tell him to pound salt if he created it.
But secondly, knowing that blood has a life of it's own in any violent crime, unless I was suddenly struck stupid, I wouldn't even attempt to clean up blood.
The fact that KK was a nurse, she knew that. I still shake my head at her stupidity.
IMHO
We must not forget that this is the same woman that after being solicited 3 times to kill KB, was still in contact with the animal -- hanging on to his every word. She set the precedent long ago to be summoned for clean up. MOO

@MassGuy So to get this in perspective and since we both live on the righthand side of the country, from Boston to NKY is 869 miles.
WHAT WAS SHE THINKING???? At least I'm sure now that there was some crazy going on with her.
Yeah, that shows dedication.

I don’t care if you’re used to driving those distances, that’s a great deal of time and inconvenience.

You have to want to do that.

Yeah, that shows dedication.

I don’t care if you’re used to driving those distances, that’s a great deal of time and inconvenience.

You have to want to do that.

Makes me wonder if they ever did a drug test on her.
Rest assuredly, if I EVER got that notion I would not arrive with Sonic and Starbucks.

I also believe that is why he decided to kill her in such a brutal and bloody way. He was able to punish both of the women he was angry with. There is no way it required so many brutal hits with a baseball bat to kill KB. He could have accomplished that without leaving a bloody mess throughout the house.

I absolutely see it that way. In the AA on page 7 it states that,

"investigators found Google location history data for most of November, and most of December, 2018. However, the dates surrounding the murder of Berreth contained no location history." [bbm]

I haven't had a chance to read through the tweets from the preliminary hearing again but somewhere it stated that PF asked KK what she was doing on Thanksgiving. She KNEW there was a really good chance that's when he was going to kill KB and she prepared for the "event" by shutting off her location history. What I don't understand AT ALL is why she went through the trouble of purchasing a burner phone and then proceeded to communicate with PF on her personal cell. Makes no freakin' sense, at least to me. I wonder if the burner phone was for communicating with someone else??

I'm also still trying to figure out why KK and PF needed to return to KB's condo to pick up his truck and when exactly did that happen? KK was on a pretty tight timeline. Any ideas?

I also believe that is why he decided to kill her in such a brutal and bloody way. He was able to punish both of the women he was angry with. There is no way it required so many brutal hits with a baseball bat to kill KB. He could have accomplished that without leaving a bloody mess throughout the house.
He’s a monster, there’s no doubt about it.

That being said, I think his priority was getting away with murder.

Why he chose this method, I have absolutely no idea. We do know that he had bludgeoning on his mind, on account of the two solicitation scenarios, as described by KK.

This was already his plan, but he wasn’t supposed to be the person carrying it out.

Personally, I don’t think this was about punishing KK.

Had the the other plots been more humane (if there is such a thing in murder), then I’d be open to your viewpoint.

Last edited:
First of all, if a guy ever TOLD me to "clean up a mess" of any kind, the first words that would fly out of my mouth would be to tell him to pound salt if he created it.
But secondly, knowing that blood has a life of it's own in any violent crime, unless I was suddenly struck stupid, I wouldn't even attempt to clean up blood.
The fact that KK was a nurse, she knew that. I still shake my head at her stupidity.
IMHO
I realize most of us would tell him to take a leap, my point in asking the question about what you would clean, I am on the hunt for the consumptive DNA, trying to get in KK's mind set and what all would you clean besides the obvious.
What did she miss in the cleaning they may have swabbed and found a minute amount of DNA. Inside door knobs is what I would clean they hold DNA out the kazoo, what else? PF was in there about two hours what was he doing and touching ? If KK missed that splat of blood on the outside of the commode what else did she miss?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member