Deceased/Not Found CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #54 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commander Chris Adams, who was the lead officer in this case and highly visible in the landfill search, appears to no longer be a member of the Woodland Park Police Department. The website shows his replacement as former Patrol Sergeant Ryan Holzwarth, who has never been mentioned in news reports of this case.
https://city-woodlandpark.org/police-department/our-staff/commanders/
https://city-woodlandpark.org/police-department/our-staff/patrol-division/
This news is a shock when added to the news that DA May’s term ends this year. Will the DA be asked to stick around for trial if the trial is delayed? Will Commander Adams come back to give testimony? Surely this isn’t the first trial where important players are moved around, since some trials take forever, but it is important nonetheless.

BBM. It's a very big problem because KB's phone was in the hands of KK, who disposed of it after making a fraudulent interstate call to KB's employer.

KK also claimed the murder weapon was a baseball bat but how is she going to explain the missing bullet in her friend's gun and the lies told to the FBI?

JMO
KKL conveniently destroyed much of the evidence and even lied to the FBI. I am not sure she told the truth about where she was on Thanksgiving Day or if her true whereabouts were checked out. Her relatives live in Colorado. Nor do we know the truth just yet of where and when the bullet went missing. And where is KBs gun? Where is the bat? Where is the body? I believe KKL knows so much more than her story tells us. So I agree with you that it’s a very big problem.

This isn’t about us disliking KKL. All of us will agree on that point. This is about finding the real truth. That’s what the trial is for. And hopefully the trial can provide us with good news about the evidence they have. We all know of cases where LE failed to follow the right path in their investigation or a person was wrongfully convicted. Not saying it happens often but it does happen. There are still many questions to be answered.

Dan May knew he was facing term limits when he was introduced at that nationally televised newscast on December 10, 2018; but I don't think that anyone who loves their job quits doing what they are paid to do just because mandatory retirement is looming on the horizon. The new DA will have the golden opportunity to examine the case with a fresh eye. MOO

Another thing in regard to the defense pointing the finger at KK.

In order to be effective, they have to not only prove that KK was not in Idaho at the time of the murder, but they also have to physically put her in Colorado at that time.

So they can’t just say “she could have been here,” they have to make it clear that she was.

Video, cell phone location, reliable witnesses.

So you have to overcome the evidence on one hand, and then have evidence that supports your narrative on the other.

And, you have to somehow separate PF from all of this.

Because he’s on trial for murder, not her.

Shouldn’t be too hard, right?

KKL conveniently destroyed much of the evidence and even lied to the FBI. I am not sure she told the truth about where she was on Thanksgiving Day or if her true whereabouts were checked out. Her relatives live in Colorado. Nor do we know the truth just yet of where and when the bullet went missing. And where is KBs gun? Where is the bat? Where is the body? I believe KKL knows so much more than her story tells us. So I agree with you that it’s a very big problem.

This isn’t about us disliking KKL. All of us will agree on that point. This is about finding the real truth. That’s what the trial is for. And hopefully the trial can provide us with good news about the evidence they have. We all know of cases where LE failed to follow the right path in their investigation or a person was wrongfully convicted. Not saying it happens often but it does happen. There are still many questions to be answered.

I think it's perfectly OK that you and I don't know for certain where KK spent Thanksgiving, or if there was a bullet missing from KB's gun, or what happened to the bat.

But I think it's very foolish to assume that investigators and prosecutors in charge of trying this case don't know the answers, just because we don't have the information!

MOO

Commander Chris Adams, who was the lead officer in this case and highly visible in the landfill search, appears to no longer be a member of the Woodland Park Police Department. The website shows his replacement as former Patrol Sergeant Ryan Holzwarth, who has never been mentioned in news reports of this case.
https://city-woodlandpark.org/police-department/our-staff/commanders/
https://city-woodlandpark.org/police-department/our-staff/patrol-division/

It appears Chris Adams has not gone far. He's with CBI.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/christopher-adams-8598287a

Christopher Adams
Leadership at FBI National Academy
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Government Administration

Agent
Colorado Bureau of Investigation
July 2019 – July 2019 1 month
Pueblo West, CO

I think it's perfectly OK that you and I don't know for certain where KK spent Thanksgiving, or if there was a bullet missing from KB's gun, or what happened to the bat.

But I think it's very foolish to assume that investigators and prosecutors in charge of trying this case don't know the answers, just because we don't have the information!

MOO
Ha! If a proven liar tells you something, you always do your due diligence.

Treat everything as a lie, until it is verified.

Follow any case like this (with a criminal testifying for the prosecution), and that practice is invariably employed.

They wouldn’t want a potential murder to avoid charges (KK), or an accused murderer to walk (PF) as a result of lies told by the star witness on the stand.

Of course they have the answers. We’ll just have to wait for them.

MOO
I am not assuming that, nor did I say so. I said we don’t know, and we don’t. I also said investigators sometimes take a wrong path and an innocent person can go to prison. We don’t need the information they have. What is important is that they have it.

I do hope they did a thorough investigation of KKL before they gave her the deal she got because she was certainly guilty of destroying evidence, cleaning up a crime scene and not reporting it and then going to party with friends in Las Vegas.

From reading many cases on WS, I think it is safe to say that as soon as someone is arrested for a crime, everyone’s emotions run high and they are ready to convict before the trial. Most of the time a perp is guilty. Sometimes they aren’t. Just an observation and obviously my opinion. You don’t have to agree.

Ha! If a proven liar tells you something, you always do your due diligence.

Treat everything as a lie, until it is verified.

Follow any case like this (with a criminal testifying for the prosecution), and that practice is invariably employed.

They wouldn’t want a potential murder to avoid charges (KK), or an accused murderer to walk (PF) as a result of lies told by the star witness on the stand.

Of course they have the answers. We’ll just have to wait for them.
There are people who have been on death row who have been exonerated and were put there because a DA put a criminal on the stand and they knew they were lying.

Dan May knew he was facing term limits when he was introduced at that nationally televised newscast on December 10, 2018; but I don't think that anyone who loves their job quits doing what they are paid to do just because mandatory retirement is looming on the horizon. The new DA will have the golden opportunity to examine the case with a fresh eye. MOO
Works for me.

There are people who have been on death row who have been exonerated and were put there because a DA put a criminal on the stand and they knew they were lying.

Fortunately, this case is nothing like those cases.

This isn’t a “he said, she said.”

It is a “she said, the evidence said.”

There is a staggering amount of evidence that either corroborates what she says, or independent evidence that implicates PF on its own.

Her words alone won’t put him behind bars, but they can help bury him.

There is a staggering amount of evidence that either corroborates what she says, or independent evidence that implicates PF on its own.
I hope you are correct. Right now, I think they could both be guilty with only one going to prison. But what do I know?

MOO

The only corroboration for KKL’s claim to be in Idaho on 11/22/2018 is contained in the Arrest Affidavit, Heading: Interview of (MG*), a longtime Friend and co-worker of (KKL*).Page 7, numbered line 52. The same witness’s concern for the missing bullet in her pistol is described on the same page, numbered line 56.
*Full surnames of the witnesses were deleted by me to conform to WS standards
https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...terest/2018CR330/001/Redacted C&I 18CR330.pdf
It would seem to me to be a package deal for a jury. Either the witness is truthful, or the witness is not. MOO

The only corroboration for KKL’s claim to be in Idaho on 11/22/2018 is contained in the Arrest Affidavit, Heading: Interview of (MG*), a longtime Friend and co-worker of (KKL*).Page 7, numbered line 52. The same witness’s concern for the missing bullet in her pistol is described on the same page, numbered line 56.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/Teller/caseofinterest/2018CR330/001/Redacted C&I 18CR330.pdf
It would seem to me to be a package deal for a jury. Either the witness is truthful, or the witness is not. MOO

This investigation did not cease on the date of the arrest Affidavit!

It's not a fact that's the only corroboration.

And what you see isn't all there is.

MOO

I am not assuming that, nor did I say so. I said we don’t know, and we don’t. I also said investigators sometimes take a wrong path and an innocent person can go to prison. We don’t need the information they have. What is important is that they have it.

I do hope they did a thorough investigation of KKL before they gave her the deal she got because she was certainly guilty of destroying evidence, cleaning up a crime scene and not reporting it and then going to party with friends in Las Vegas.

From reading many cases on WS, I think it is safe to say that as soon as someone is arrested for a crime, everyone’s emotions run high and they are ready to convict before the trial. Most of the time a perp is guilty. Sometimes they aren’t. Just an observation and obviously my opinion. You don’t have to agree.

ITA with you. Hopefully, the whole truth comes out at trial.

JMO

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/Teller/caseofinterest/2018CR330/001/Redacted C&I 18CR330.pdf
BBM. I agree.

Thanks for that link.

JMO

This is false. Here’s another reference from KK’s ex husband, who claims that she lied about her whereabouts on the 24th and 25th, when she was confirmed to be in Colorado.

She told him she was helping Megan move, when she was really using her car to go clean the crime scene.

There is no reference to her leaving earlier, and the implication is clear here.

Not only that, but PF and KK talked on the phone, minutes after he returned to Kelsey’s home, killed her, and drove away with her phone in his possession.

The location of KK’s phone will be apparent, and verifiable.

Attachments

• 4434D559-F3F2-48D5-A246-A3D6EA6502DC.jpeg
    4434D559-F3F2-48D5-A246-A3D6EA6502DC.jpeg
    48.4 KB · Views: 10

Her words alone won’t put him behind bars, but they can help bury him.

There is no evidence as to TOD or DOD, no murder weapon, no body, a cleaned crime scene but a whole lotta "she said he told her."

I doubt her words "bury him" with the jury after they learn she returned her friend's gun with a missing bullet.

The best outcome is if he takes a plea deal and that's wishful thinking on my part.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member