CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still do not understand why he hated her- she did not have to move to CO, bear his child, etc. She had a good family, a good job.... what was the whole point of this? he invited her out there and commenced a relationship with her. he could have just had his affair with KK. why all this hatred and violence? I will never get it.
I know- I've pondered this so many times. The poor girl thought he was in love with her like she was in love with him. She moves to be with him, because he has animals at his mother's ranch to take care of and couldn't move out there. She was so excited for Christmas, told her mother about her plans for decorating. Why would he kill such a loving and devoted woman like this? Was this worth it to Patrick?

then I think about Krystal, too- she was from Idaho, another one that lived far away. He seemed to charm them from afar.

It makes you wonder if there are any others, maybe too afraid to come forward, states away like Kelsey and Krystal.

All the accusations of abuse to baby K by KB, is PF confessing to things he had done to that baby ! JMHO
Malignant Narcissists often do exactly that.

They even convince themselves the terrible things they do have been done by others.

It's scary to watch them swear on their mothers' graves it's true. (More than MOO)

NOV 8, 2019
Friend testifies Frazee said, ‘I figured out a way to kill her’
*Snipped
[...]
After the FBI took Frazee’s phone in December, he met with Moore in Woodland Park and asked to use his phone to make a call on Dec. 4, 2018. Moore said the call lasted 5 minutes, 58 seconds, according to his cell.
[...]
“If I get arrested — because they’ve taken my phone — I’m going to have my friend here call you and it will be from this phone number so come and get these horses,” Frazee said over the phone, according to Moore.

Moore said the area code for the number was 208, which indicates an Idaho number. He said he never talked to the person Frazee called that day.
[...]

Frazee said during one call with Moore that their conversation “was being recorded” but he felt like he needed to ask if anything was “disrupted by the red barn” which Moore understood as the red barn at Nash Ranch. Moore said no, and Frazee said, “Oh, alright, just curious.” This phone call had indeed been recorded and was played in court Friday afternoon.

After this call, Moore immediately called Frazee’s attorney and then law enforcement. ...

[...]

Moore was excused but not released and was ordered to stay available to the District Attorney’s Office.

[...]

It sounds like he called KK to tell her that the police had his phone and that she should also "come get these horses" if he gets arrested. Didn't KK testify that their code word for discussing the murder was to talk about selling horses*? If that's the case, what do we think he actually wanted KK to come get if he got arrested? Did he have some evidence stashed away somewhere that he wanted her to take care of in the event of his arrest? Or was he actually talking about the animals on his ranch that SF threatened to call animal control about? And why did he ask about the red barn at Nash Ranch when he knew he was being recorded? I don't feel like PF's smart enough to try to misdirect LE by asking a question that's not relevant. We know LE found the discolored hay but could there have been something else at Nash Ranch near the barn that we have not heard about yet?

MOO.

*ETA: Correction-- KK and PF's code used was "Breeding Horses" (Thank you @Hatch ).
Still, the mentioning horses seems like a code to me. JMO.

Last edited:
Anyone else have any specific things they hope to get answers to? I’ve had 90% of my questions answered already, some still just awaiting forensics remain.

My biggest remaining question that I don’t think we’ll ever get an answer to though is where PF and SF were headed the early morning when he was arrested. I know in the grand scheme of things it’s completely unimportant but I’ll never get that vision out of my head. Seeing him arrested and SF in cuffs, best day!

I’ve followed this case from the beginning, I was unable to post but was able to catch up in the media thread thanks to @PommyMommy and her great job in keeping that up! I’ve been off work due to a surgery since 10/10 and I don’t have to be back to work until 11/25, I’m so happy I get to post and participate for Kelsey.
I hope you're improving fast and can enjoy your time off!

I don’t think they were going on the run or anything. I imagine they were just going to run an errand, and law enforcement took advantage of that.

They wouldn’t want to grab him at the house, where things could get dangerous. A traffic stop is pretty standard in cases like this, as it’s a hell of a lot safer.

KK had just cooperated, and the case came together quickly. They took him at the first opportunity.
Were they in separate vehicles ? I remember this happening and always wondered what else was in their cars ..

Lets be sure to add this "Mr Freeze" (from Batman) Gem to our list.

The fact he knew his call was being recorded and yet he still goes on to ask someone if the red barn at Nash Ranch was tore apart by LE yet. Well, Mr Freeze, if they had not searched it by then, they surely would after that recorded phone call.

ETA - Assuming this call was from jail but maybe not. Maybe he just assumed they were tapping into his calls by then.

"Frazee said during one call with Moore that their conversation “was being recorded” but he felt like he needed to ask if anything was “disrupted by the red barn” which Moore understood as the red barn at Nash Ranch. Moore said no, and Frazee said, “Oh, alright, just curious.” This phone call had indeed been recorded and was played in court Friday afternoon."

BBM- So it appears KK's testimony wasn't necessary to prove the Nash Ranch shenanigans . . . Her sweetie deal just got sweeter!

It sounds like he called KK to tell her that the police had his phone and that she should also "come get these horses" if he gets arrested. Didn't KK testify that their code word for discussing the murder was to talk about selling horses? If that's the case, what do we think he actually wanted KK to come get if he got arrested? Did he have some evidence stashed away somewhere that he wanted her to take care of in the event of his arrest? Or was he actually talking about the animals on his ranch that SF threatened to call animal control about? And why did he ask about the red barn at Nash Ranch when he knew he was being recorded? I don't feel like PF's smart enough to try to misdirect LE by asking a question that's not relevant. We know LE found the discolored hay but could there have been something else at Nash Ranch near the barn that we have not heard about yet?

MOO.
If I recall correctly, Sam K stated their code was Breeding Horses.

BBM- So it appears KK's testimony wasn't necessary to prove the Nash Ranch shenanigans . . . Her sweetie deal just got sweeter!
They still needed her for the specifics as to the significance of Nash, and PF may have heard law enforcement went there with KK, depending on the timing of this call.

A floor short of a bungalow,a sandwich short of a picnic

not the brightest crayon in the box

My personal favorite is "PF's elevator does't go all the way to the top floor".

For those seeking other fine descriptions of PF's (lack of) intelligence, here is a link to "The Not Too Bright" list. (The link is safe.)

Not too bright list

I eagerly await Tuesday, as do the rest of you.

Prayers for KB, Little K, and KB's Family and Friends.

The witnesses all provide corroboration of KK’s account, which is incredibly important. They’re testifying about different (relevant) periods of time.

Most of them have only briefly appeared on the stand, some as short as several minutes.

Besides that, this trial is moving at a brisk pace, and is only scheduled for about 3 weeks. That’s short for a trial with this much evidence.

I’d be more concerned if the trial was much longer.

Oh makes sense in the context of it being a relatively short trial. My sentence was supposed to say IF not of, if they were redundant. But it sounds like they are not, so that’s good!

3 weeks is not long compared to some. Heck, that is probably how long Jodi Arias spent blabbering away on the stand in her own trial. Some of these trials seem to go on forever with lots of repetitive witnesses. I just want this to be over ASAP for Kelsey’s poor family. But I think they would willingly sit there for months if it took that long to put him away.

It sounds like he called KK to tell her that the police had his phone and that she should also "come get these horses" if he gets arrested. Didn't KK testify that their code word for discussing the murder was to talk about selling horses? If that's the case, what do we think he actually wanted KK to come get if he got arrested? Did he have some evidence stashed away somewhere that he wanted her to take care of in the event of his arrest? Or was he actually talking about the animals on his ranch that SF threatened to call animal control about? And why did he ask about the red barn at Nash Ranch when he knew he was being recorded? I don't feel like PF's smart enough to try to misdirect LE by asking a question that's not relevant. We know LE found the discolored hay but could there have been something else at Nash Ranch near the barn that we have not heard about yet?

MOO.
What an outstanding CATCH!!!!!!!

Anyone else have any specific things they hope to get answers to? I’ve had 90% of my questions answered already, some still just awaiting forensics remain.

My biggest remaining question that I don’t think we’ll ever get an answer to though is where PF and SF were headed the early morning when he was arrested. I know in the grand scheme of things it’s completely unimportant but I’ll never get that vision out of my head. Seeing him arrested and SF in cuffs, best day!

I’ve followed this case from the beginning, I was unable to post but was able to catch up in the media thread thanks to @PommyMommy and her great job in keeping that up! I’ve been off work due to a surgery since 10/10 and I don’t have to be back to work until 11/25, I’m so happy I get to post and participate for Kelsey.
Wishing you a swift and complete recovery from your surgery! Nice that you can be here with us watching the whole truth come out and cheer on DA May and his team. We'll see justice for Kelsey and her family, I'm certain of it!

He is not very bright, nor socialized. The fact that he was surprised at all of the national attention when she went missing speaks volumes.

He really ticks all of the boxes for the criteria for anti social personality disorder. Contrary to popular belief, they aren't all like that but he is, in spades. Reckless, law breaking, arrogant, bully, self centered, thinks he's bullet proof, cruel, hurt animals, violent temper,liar, con man and, of course, completely lacks empathy. Every freaking red flag was there with that (fill in the blank)

I do agree that you don’t want to overdo it with the jury but what if the next witness has even more incriminating information? So far I’m impressed with the technical aspects of the layout of witness testimony and evidence but do agree - too much detail that the jurors can’t connect with would be a bad move- so far I trust this DA
JMO

This DA seems very intentional in his strategy, and genuinely wants to see PF go down. He and his team, Le, etc, they all seem personally invested and you’re right. They will do enough and not overdo it. Sometimes I wonder if juries get bored hearing the same stuff phrased differently over and over. But in this case, it’s really impossible to get bored because it seems like every time the evidence seems as damning as it can possibly get, the next witness has something eye popping to add. This is crazy.

YES!!! WTactualH???
is there something super wrong with the water around there??? is it just that super cr@ppy people are magnets for each other? How in the work did cute lil KB get mixed up in the hell pit of inhumaity?
World. Wide. Web.
Everyone should be very wary.
(Say very wary 3 times fast.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads