CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
As excited as I am to see how the prosecution wraps this up tomorrow, and who they call to the stand (please be SF), I’m more excited to hear the defense put forth by PF’s public defenders.

We’ve had some good laughs at PF’s stupidity thus far, but the fanciful tale the defense is going to attempt to sell the jury, should take the cake.

That “house” has a rock solid foundation so far. Show us otherwise, defense...
Hey Rocky! Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!

Would be meaningful if something good came out of all of this to address the situation of critical hours being lost when a person goes missing. Like a “Kelsey’s Law”.

Maybe Kelsey’s family will inspire that change in protocol.
Recently, I read something about an Amber Alert-like system for missing adults. I will Google it later.

As I said, I would like to see them on a map.
I’m asking a question not just of you but of everyone - now that we’ve gone thru 2 weeks of trial, have you changed any theories you had before NOV 1? I’ll use you for one example - I believe you at one time thought that KB2 was not present in the condo at the time of the murder. Has trial testimony changed your opinion?

I’m not MG but I’d like to know if she was home when he brought in the mop and bloody sheet - did he bring it in thanksgiving night with the baby when he was 2 hours late? Or was it when he got ready for the burning ? Someone knows how that mop got there - plus I want to know what he said to her on the phone when he called her after beating KB to death (cell phone testimony he called mom and kk thanksgiving / we know he told kk she had a mess to clean up - what did he say to his mom?)
IMO

Anything that incriminates him, she'll just lie.

Never know, maybe his sister has turned on him.

Sam Kraemer

@SamKraemerTV

·
3m

Someone I think we could see testify for the state tomorrow: Mark Pearson. He’s the Idaho man that Kenney says she gave Berreth’s gun to under a cover story.
@KOAA
#KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

BBM:

If true, that's really weird timing.

His testimony would have much more naturally fit in on the heels of KK's testimony, as it would have corroborated her account of her actions after she came to town to clean up PF's mess.

The only reason I can think of to put this dude on the stand at this point would be d/t issues he might have had with traveling to/from Colorado earlier in the week.

I don't see his testimony as some hugely pivotal piece, and in fact it's somewhat disruptive to the case flow at this point, i.e., it's asking the jury to back-track and focus once again on KK's actions vs. PF's murderous ones.

I definitely hope he's not the last witness called, b/c it would be really anticlimactic.

Unless it was a literal smoking gun, it's definitely not a figurative smoking gun in this case, either.

Odd timing for this witness.

JMO.

Last edited:
BBM:

If true, I think that's really weird timing.

His testimony would have much more naturally fit in on the heels of KK's testimony, as it would have corroborated her account of her actions after she came to town to clean up PF's mess.

The only reason I can think of to put this dude on the stand at this point would be d/t issues he might have had with traveling to/from Colorado earlier in the week.

I don't see his testimony as some hugely pivotal piece, and in fact it's somewhat disruptive to the case flow at this point, i.e., it's asking the jury to back-track and focus once again on KK's actions vs. PF's murderous ones.

I definitely hope he's not the last witness called, b/c it would be really anticlimactic.

Unless it was a literal smoking gun, it's definitely not a figurative smoking gun in this case, either.

Odd timing for this witness.

JMO.

I agree and can't imagine why he'd even be called.

Unfortunately -- an investigator testified that the scrap yard (Evraz Steel) was not known until recently. The trough and other metal was taken there and very unfortunate this information not known and searched early.

It was actually SF2 that said he suggested this scrap yard when he met PF to exchange a death certificate.

(Evraz Steel not to be confused with Midway Landfill).
So SF2 sat on crucial evidence? I would have thought LE would have been all over the ranch hands beginning Dec 21, 2018.

I was also hoping there would be some test to determine if the sticky substance in the fire pit contained human composition. I don’t think the rest of the evidence we were hoping to hear more about was significant. Disappointing, but we all knew bleach and fire was troublesome.

Not Toddler K. She was barely one at the time. Hurts to even think of the trauma it would cause her, if it were even possible.

Sam K tweeted it may be Mark Pearson, the guy KK gave the gun to.
BBM:

There is zero probability that Baby K will be called.

We're talking not even a one in a septillion chance.

Not happening.

No worries on that score whatsoever.

At her age, neither her language nor her reasoning skills were anywhere NEAR where they would have needed to be developmentally in order for her to be able to either recall OR recount anything.

Last edited:
The issue here was that not only were critical hours lost, but days were lost.

That was the point of PF’s deception, and he was successful at that.

We learned from the Mackenzie Lueck case for instance, that privacy issues slowed down the ability of law enforcement to obtain search warrants, which also delayed the discovery that they were in fact dealing with foul play.

So any law that changes protocol, will have to strike a balance with privacy. That’s a tough hurdle, as most people value privacy here.
I think LE should just submit the husband/bf to websleuths and we'll tell them immediately who done it

I really hope SF is on the stand tomorrow!! I know she has said she'll plead the fifth, but CAN she, really? I mean, not for every question, right? If the question "what time did Patrick arrive on Thanksgiving?"- she has to answer that outright. It doesn't implicate herself in a crime to give an answer.

I am really hoping, though, for her 5th amendment plea/confirmation that she saw an enormous fire from her front porch and knew exactly what her precious boy was doing.

Could MD be what all the fuss is about? Seems kind of out there, but IDK......

February 19, 2019 - Tuesday
  • PF - Preliminary Hearing - 9am
  • Judge Scott Sells has ordered all witnesses be sequestered meaning they won’t be allowed in the courtroom until they take the stand.
  • The state asked for a written sequestration order.
  • One witness is a Woodland Park Police officer and the state has endorsed Michael Dalton as a witness too.

BBM:

There is zero probability that Baby K will be called.

We're talking not even a one in a septillion chance.

Not happening.

No worries on that score whatsoever.

At her age, neither her language nor her reasoning skills were anywhere NEAR where they would have needed to be to be able to either recall OR recount anything.

Agree 100%. I hope it was clear that I was saying no way to that thought - suggested by another poster.

• Judge Scott Sells has ordered all witnesses be sequestered meaning they won’t be allowed in the courtroom until they take the stand.
  • One witness is a Woodland Park Police officer and the state has endorsed Michael Dalton as a witness too.
Hmmm what if SF2 confided something about his brother to him - now that would be a bombshell IMO

Is that Dad with a phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members