CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correction: Hold the outrage.

#BREAKINGNEWS Correction.
1st degree murder is still on the table for #PatrickFrazee trial, but options of 2nd degree murder and manslaughter are options for the jury.

Rob Quirk on Twitter

Thank goodness those earlier tweets were wrong!

Thanks Pommy, It sounds like the jury can consider 2nd degree murder, but I don't believe there's a snowballs chance in hades that they'll even consider it.

JMO
Agreed! I know some will disagree but I believe this should have been a death penalty case. MOO

@Gardener1850 , Yes, it looks like those tweets were deleted. I'll go back and edit but I'm going to let those posts stand because there have been so many replies now that I think it would be more confusing if I deleted them. MOO

Deep breath ... hold ... exhale ... whew!
Agreed! And I want to add, at first I was irritated that this new information came out, right after the bludgeoning, because I want to talk about the bludgeoning.
But in the end I think it saved a lot of anxiety and pain and agony that we would all go through. We ALL took a spiral down after the words please stop.
It took our mind off bludging, at least temporarily

I am a little surprised he did not try to testify in a bizarre Jody Arias move. He has been so vocal (behind the scenes outside the courtroom) in this case that I thought he just might be compelled to give his side. The more I see, the less I think he is dumb and the more I think he is above the law and above punishment in his own eyes. For that reason, he makes some terrible choices but I think his tremendous blindspot is that he is so entitled and without conscience. The combination leaves him totally unable to feign any type of normal response pattern.
He still may testify. I believe his testimony comes after the closing arguments. We know he sees himself as believable and a leader who can convince people to do his dirty work. He may think in his itty bitty mind, that he alone can convince the jury to acquit him.

I’m asking a question not just of you but of everyone - now that we’ve gone thru 2 weeks of trial, have you changed any theories you had before NOV 1? I’ll use you for one example - I believe you at one time thought that KB2 was not present in the condo at the time of the murder. Has trial testimony changed your opinion?

Did today's events bring a response to this question?

He still may testify. I believe his testimony comes after the closing arguments. We know he sees himself as believable and a leader who can convince people to do his dirty work. He may think in his itty bitty mind, that he alone can convince the jury to acquit him.
No, it’s over. Closing arguments commence on Monday, the jury will get their instructions, and they’ll get to deliberate.

PF can’t testify now that the defense has rested. It’s a shame.

Jennifer Kovaleski
@JennKovaleski

·
27s
BREAKING: prosecutors have rested their case in #PatrickFrazee’s murder trial. Defense rested without calling a witness. Judge ruled closing arguements will be Monday at 8:30 a.m. says they are still working through jury instructions. Jury sent home for the day. #KelseyBerreth

Wait! What? Defense tested immediately after prosecution? Did anyone see that coming? I thought they would bring up some of his family or someone to try to debunk some part of evidence. Don't get me wrong. I'm glad becuz we are closer to verdict but just surprises me. So literally there is no one supporting his claim of innocence. Love it .

Last edited:
Wait, didn't I read in a media tweet that PF said: " I will remain silent"
It caught my eye because usually answer is a yes or no answer. Not the words I will remain silent

I do wonder if the reason SF hasn’t testified is because she is terrified of him. I’m not sure of the wording but there’s a quote something like this, “look at the way a man treats his mother and that’s how he'll treat his wife”. She may be relieved at the end of all of this, he’s behind bars and her name wasn’t on the hit list.

I've not heard of witnesses following the closing arguments.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think Patrick's testimony ship has sailed.

“Dear Jacob, I would uh, like you to murder approximately, these people...”
Right??
Another #PatrickFrazee note, again to inmate Bentley, whom he allegedly sought help killing witnesses:
"I've never been a criminal, but all this planning and talking gets my blood flowing. If I walk out, you and me could pull off all kinds of ****."
@csgazette #KelseyBerreth

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter

BBM:

"....gets my blood flowing."

This is beyond Bone-Chilling.

PF is a budding SK...he's discovered he has a taste for blood and violence.

JMO.

“But, but dude! We can get out of here and do so much criminal stuff together! Don’t kill me!”

giphy.gif

“Welp, Patrick, all the witnesses against you mysteriously died or disappeared so uh, I guess you’re a free man now! Oh and here’s custody of your baby back because, uh, you know, her life was at risk with the Berreths and everything.”

What planet is he on?

RIGHT??? Like, really, what was he thinking? That they would just assume because he was in jail he couldn't have been involved??

Sam Kraemer
@SamKraemerTV

·
19s
On cross, Adam Stiegerwald points out this man only comes forward as the trial is underway & that me just met with the DA’s office on Monday. He notes the man wanted to sell the notes on eBay, citing Frazee’s fame. He also sought a plea deal
@KOAA
#KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

Well, duh. That's what prisoners do.

I have been thinking, I'm so happy to exchange bloody boots for 17 hand written jailhouse stationary notes. Now I'm singing...Lonely days are gone, Never going home, my baby just wrote me a letter...

Yes, this is WAAYYY better than boots, SF1, OR even dna from the oily substance.

Clayton Sandell
@Clayton_Sandell

·
13s
Prosecution and defense have just rested in the #PatrickFrazee murder trial. Closing arguments Monday at 8:30AM. #KelseyBerreth
@ABC

WOOT! That was a strong finish.

I am a little surprised he did not try to testify in a bizarre Jody Arias move. He has been so vocal (behind the scenes outside the courtroom) in this case that I thought he just might be compelled to give his side. The more I see, the less I think he is dumb and the more I think he is above the law and above punishment in his own eyes. For that reason, he makes some terrible choices but I think his tremendous blindspot is that he is so entitled and without conscience. The combination leaves him totally unable to feign any type of normal response pattern.

BBM. I think it's exactly that. He just doesn't think consequences apply to him so why would he consider them?

Not only am I angry that he did this to Kelsey, I am beyond angry that he put her family, friends, witnesses, the judge and jurors through this trial, instead of pleading guilty and sparing them all- most especially, her family and friends.

What a sick bleep.

It's disgusting. The only n ice thing we can say about CW was at least he

Nope, as I don’t see any room for the defense to gain any ground by calling anyone.

First, you have to call someone who can help you.

Secondly, whoever you call can’t hurt you.

It looks like whoever they may have called would have hurt them more than they could help them. The facts are the facts, and the evidence is the evidence.

In calling a witness for themselves, they may have felt that they were effectively calling a witness for the prosecution.

I’ve followed several trials where the defense immediately rests. They’ll just put all their money on making a convincing closing argument.

Good fricken luck!

Exactly. Though, in the other cases I've seen, the defense has done a bit more on cross than it seems here. However, they really have NOTHING to work with.

I still have disgust for KK, but in a weird way, this last witness could help give her credibility in the jury's eyes. In other words, he validates that she was right to be scared of PF. If the ONLY thing the defense could try to attack was her credibility (even though the EVIDENCE matched everything she said), well this dude just kind of helped make her a slightly (vom) more sympathetic character. Not in terms of her actions or that she isn't still despicable. But you can now make a case that she had reason to be terrified of this guy. Which I think helps the prosecution even more.

Oh, it totally does, IMO.

BBM:

HAAAAAA!

After everything they've heard in that courtroom....
The defense is actually arguing for reduced charges.

Now, THAT's funny!

Actually, I think it's great. Minimize any potentially ineffectual counsel arguments. Do EVERYTHING as by-the-book as possible.

"My life and my little girl's life depends on you!""

He has a habit of trying to drag others into his dealings and then tries to put the ownership on them.

Sorry PF. Your baby's life and your life were in your hands the whole time and nobody elses. You blew it Sir. Big time. Nobody to blame but yourself. So dont go trying to tell other people they have a responsibility for anything.

Exactly what he said to KK, too. Interesting pattern.

Nope. He chose to remain silent and the defense has rested. MOO

Sam Kraemer TV
NEW: The state has rested its case. Judge Scott Sells informed Patrick Frazee of his rights. Frazee chose to remain silent. Additionally, the defense rested its case without calling any witnesses.

Closings will not happen until Monday, though, because both attorneys are still deciding on final jury instructions. The defense is trying to get at least one of the first-degree murder charges dropped to lesser charges. The court expects to finish jury instructions today, and the jury has been sent home for the day.

If they were going to say he's incompetent wouldn't they have brought up some doctors? They can't just say that in closing without any evidence right?
Yeah, that would have had to have been their defense from the get-go, not a “general denial.”

They had no chance, as the coverup proved that he knew what he was doing, and knew what he was doing was wrong.

Those notes to the snitch would have cinched that, but wouldn’t have been necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa