CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel free to post a link that proves this link is wrong. It clearly states nothing but cash will be accepted. It also clearly states the money will be seized if failure to appear.
Teller County Jail & Detention Center Info: Visiting, Bail, Location, Safety

Bail Bonding in Divide

In most cases, arrestees can obtain temporary freedom from the Teller County jail by posting a bail bond. In some cases, a detainee may be released on his or her own recognizance, meaning no payment is required. To determine the bond amount, call the jail at (719) 687-7770.

To pay a cash bond, you need to come into the jail and present cash at the front desk. No other forms of payment will be accepted.

In lieu of paying cash, a family member or friend can seek the services of a local bail bondsman to pay an inmate's bond. Bonding agencies charge a percentage fee for this service (often 10 or 15%), and will likely want to attach collateral property to the loan. You can locate a bail bondsman online or through your phone directory.

From your link.

Feel free to post a link that proves this link is wrong. It clearly states nothing but cash will be accepted. It also clearly states the money will be seized if failure to appear.

Bail Bonding in Divide

In most cases, arrestees can obtain temporary freedom from the Teller County jail by posting a bail bond. In some cases, a detainee may be released on his or her own recognizance, meaning no payment is required. To determine the bond amount, call the jail at (719) 687-7770.

To pay a cash bond, you need to come into the jail and present cash at the front desk. No other forms of payment will be accepted.

There appear to be 2/two/dos/deux ways for someone to accomplish bail (for those not released on their own recognisance of course): 1. Post a bail bond or 2. Post cash bond.

2. Bail Bonding in Divide

To pay a cash bond, you need to come into the jail and present cash at the front desk. No other forms of payment will be accepted. The lobby is open seven days a week, 24-hours a day. Note that there will be an additional $50 cash fee due upon payment of the bond.

In lieu of paying cash, a family member or friend can seek the services of a local bail bondsman to pay an inmate's bond. Bonding agencies charge a percentage fee for this service (often 10 or 15%), and will likely want to attach collateral property to the loan. You can locate a bail bondsman online or through your phone directory.

Bear in mind, all money or property put up to post bail is subject to forfeiture if the inmate does not show up for his or her scheduled hearings. Learn more on bail bonding here: How to post bail in Colorado.

I would guess that he burned the boots. KK must have told him his foot prints were all over. She burned all of her clothes including shoes. Frazee had a lot of time tending the fire to debate whether to burn/not burn.
Strange still that if he did, KK did not mention it, guess I expected her to if that was the case.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I realize we haven't heard all the questions that the jury has asked over the 10 days of trial but the Sam updates gave us a flavour I think that the jurors were engaged, focused and interested in details about things they might not understand. I hope we eventually see all the questions that the jurors asked during this trial. The questions mentioned in the Sam update IMO were focused and practical and it IMO was encouraging to see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Riolove, in all your time as an attorney have you seen anything like that happen?

No. Juries are insanely fickle, unpredictable creatures and I’m terrified at the end of each of my trials. But I’ve never seen this much incredibly incriminating evidence completely disregarded in favor of a defense that wasn’t even put on. If this jury acquits it’ll be some OJ level absurdity. I’ll eat my badge and my bar card both.

I realize we haven't heard all the questions that the jury has asked over the 10 days of trial but the Sam updates gave us a flavour I think that the jurors were engaged, focused and interested in details about things they might not understand. I hope we eventually see all the questions that the jurors asked during this trial. The questions mentioned in the Sam update IMO were focused and practical and it IMO was encouraging to see.
Yes his daily reports have been invaluable. Straight and to the point.

No. Juries are insanely fickle, unpredictable creatures and I’m terrified at the end of each of my trials. But I’ve never seen this much incredibly incriminating evidence completely disregarded in favor of a defense that wasn’t even put on. If this jury acquits it’ll be some OJ level absurdity. I’ll eat my badge and my bar card both.

Thank goodness. The Casey Anthony jury must have been a "special breed" :| I'll NEVER get over that fiasco. Not ever.

Speaking of the very first thread- amazing how many of Kelsey's family members were posting back then. She truly was very loved by her family.
Absolutely and this love from friends and family came through loud and clear as you say.

I think what was so difficult to hear through this entire trial was what PF said about the mother of his child that seemed to bear no resemblance to who KB was or what she stood for. IMO this was heartbreaking to hear over and over again.

It wasn't enough to PF to not want a relationship with KB or to even walk away from the relationship. No, PF seemed to want to drag KB in conversation with virtually anyone that he came in contact with to the point that he even discussed his 'relationship' with KB with folks he did work for. Why?

What was odd about much of the testimony along these lines was that it wasn't clear that these folks PF was talking to even knew KB all that well. So often it appeared that KB was held apart from these other people in PF's life for whatever reason and never integrated fully into his life.

I wonder at what point KB might have realised a little bit of what was going on with PF and PF's family?

<modsnip: removed broken quote re Slater/authentication>

I could’ve sworn I explained this but maybe I wasn’t quite clear. Yes he did authenticate. If he hadn’t, they wouldn’t have come in as evidence. They were authenticated per the rules of evidence.

PF could take the stand and deny.
What I find stunning is he didn't answer with a yes or no, which is required.
He said: "I will remain silent."
In statement analysis this is extremely telling.
He didn't speak up on facebook looking for her.
He didn't speak about what should be put on on a posters and put them out everywhere.
He didn't speak loving words at KB's candlelight vigil.
He didn't speak up to Cheryl and Daryl to form search parties.
He didn't speak to media begging them to pick up Kelsys missing case.
He didn't speak up at the press conference begging a kidnapper to bring Kelsey home.
He didn't speak to Media when leaving an attorney's office, when all the cameras were there, for him to beg a kidnapper to bring Kelsey home.
He still remains silent...

I think the defense is going to rely on the blood evidence not being found by the police until the Bs pointed it out. PD very nearly dropped the ball on that and it didn't look good. Next, they will attack KK, probably say that she had admitted several attempts at killing KB, but still threw all the shade on PF. She had a motive (jealousy) and PF didn't. KK admitted to being at KB's after PF. KK took KB's phone, texted PF (how was he to know it wasn't KB?). KK destroyed KB's phone and admitted to disposing of her key's. KK admitted burning the items she removed from KB's, she knew where the body was stashed, where it was burned, etc. They won't name her as a suspect, just point out all the connections KK had with all of the evidence, talk about her lies, etc. Then on to CB, a distraught mother willing to blame anyone. The phone evidence is extremely complex and mistakes have been known to happen. The blood evidence is merely an opinion as very little actual blood was found, and KK admitted to cleaning that up. Finally, they will attack the credibility of J John Doe. They will point out that there's a lot of circumstantial evidence and that KK, a known liar who had a motive to kill KB and is now trying to save her own neck. They will draw it out as long as possible. I don't think it will work.

Bail is documented, as the person who puts it up is on the hook for it if the defendant fails to appear.

It would take a second to figure out who posted bail (for people with the appropriate credentials).

That’s really not the issue though. The issue is who arranged for it to occur, which could be found by either talking to the person who posted it, or listening to a recording of PF’s phone call (if it was arranged that way).
Bam!!!!!!

I’m sure they tried to keep out the letters altogether on those grounds via motions in limine that were denied. But one thing is to try to keep it from even being addressed before a jury. That’s a motion in limine to exclude evidence before the other side tries to admit it.

Another is objecting based on various grounds during testimony. “Contemporaneous objections”. You don’t just do one. You do both.

Because the motion is to exclude the evidence. If it’s not granted that doesn’t mean the evidence is automatically admitted. It’s just not excluded prior to testimony. They’re two different things.

ETA: Defense attorneys don’t throw in the towel in the hopes of an appeal. They preserve the record for appeal. Those are very different.
Thank you gitana1 for ALL your insight!
Bam!

I think the defense is going to rely on the blood evidence not being found by the police until the Bs pointed it out. PD very nearly dropped the ball on that and it didn't look good. Next, they will attack KK, probably say that she had admitted several attempts at killing KB, but still threw all the shade on PF. She had a motive (jealousy) and PF didn't. KK admitted to being at KB's after PF. KK took KB's phone, texted PF (how was he to know it wasn't KB?). KK destroyed KB's phone and admitted to disposing of her key's. KK admitted burning the items she removed from KB's, she knew where the body was stashed, where it was burned, etc. They won't name her as a suspect, just point out all the connections KK had with all of the evidence, talk about her lies, etc. Then on to CB, a distraught mother willing to blame anyone. The phone evidence is extremely complex and mistakes have been known to happen. The blood evidence is merely an opinion as very little actual blood was found, and KK admitted to cleaning that up. Finally, they will attack the credibility of J John Doe. They will point out that there's a lot of circumstantial evidence and that KK, a known liar who had a motive to kill KB and is now trying to save her own neck. They will draw it out as long as possible. I don't think it will work.

Good recap. The defense in the Markel case really did a job as to confusing and giving options as to cell towers, which this defense team did not address at all.

But in opening statements, didn't they say that she was not killed in the condo and was killed elsewhere? How are they going to wrap that up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle